relaxer stretchers --- any butter recommendations??

bluevalentine

i am attempting my first relaxer stretch (uh oh) and was wondering if any of you veteran stretchers can recommend a good butter i can use to help smooth, moisturize and hold my hair down (for more than like 5 minutes :grin:)

i'm at my wits end when it comes to "layin down" the hair when i wear it in a bun or pony. i've tried gels, s curl, oils, but nothing really works for me :ohwell:. so i'm moving on to butters next, which i've never really tried....

anyone have any good recommendations??

ive used shealoe butter to smooth down my ng. It worked for like the first 2 days of use...but after that i got kinda dry. so i started to use a real water based moisturizer and then put the butter on top of that. it was okay...nothing major...

i have aloe butter as well...but i haven't used it yet

Jane Carter Nourish and Shine...Works great for stretching and for freshly relaxed or thermal straightened hair.

ive used shealoe butter to smooth down my ng. It worked for like the first 2 days of use...but after that i got kinda dry. so i started to use a real water based moisturizer and then put the butter on top of that. it was okay...nothing major...

i have aloe butter as well...but i haven't used it yet

aloe and shealo butter, hmmm....i don't think i've seen them around anywhere. off to search i go....thanks for the recommendation :)

Last edited:
Jane Carter Nourish and Shine...Works great for stretching and for freshly relaxed or thermal straightened hair.

you know, i've heard a lot about this product, i thought it was a pomade or something but i guess not.

it's kinda pricey (for me), but i'm definitely gonna look into this.... thanks :)

Back