Relaxed ladies

Krymsonkween

What are your 4 best products and why. I find that being relaxed of course I can not use some of the same products that naturals use. Tell what has been ur greatest trial being relaxed and your hair type and length.

Please give the following:

Shampoo: Keracare 1st Lather and hyrdrating shampoo
Condish: Still looking right now Infusium23 moisturizing condish
Leave in: Infusium23 Leave in and NTM to seal
Oil: African Pride oil (Looking 4 a new one that is not heavy)

Greatest trial: understanding that my hair grows and how not 2 b so heavy handed with oil and leave in.

Hair type: Don't know I have medium strands.

Length: Sl

Shampoo: Elucence Moisture Benefits
Condish: Elucence Moisture Balancing
Leave in: Giovanni Direct/Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing
Oil: Castor oil/Jane Carter Solution Nourish and Shine

Greatest trial: Figuring out how to reduce shedding.

Hair type: Relaxed!

Length: SL

Shampoo: Keracare dry itchy scalp or Motions neutralizing moisturizing poo
Condish: Protein con, Motions CPR or Aphogee two step
Moisturizing Con, Slik Elements, or Kera care Hemecto
Leave in: ChI serum or Paul Mitc. serum or CHI keratin mist
Oil: Motion herbal oil spray
Greatest trial: Learning to deal with fine texture(Breaks if u look at it wrong)
Hair type: 4a

Shampoo: Dont use any
Condish: Aussie,Mane & Tail,Joico Moisture Recovery,
Leave in: Gvp Sally's version of (paul Mitchell The Conditioner),Wen Fig
Oil: coconut Oil,Jojoba,castor Oil

Greatest trial: Single strand Knots

Hair type: 4b

Length: Waist Length ( i think i am hip Length im to lazy to straighting and see.

Shampoo: ORS creamy aloe shampoo to remove calcium buildup (I use lye relaxer) monthly & Cream of Nature, the best shampoo- hands down!

Condish: hard to pick one.... but I'd say either ORS replenishing pack or
just plain old mayonnaise

Leave in: :yep: Infusium 23 or Aphoghee

Oil: coconut & my hair loves JOJOBA, it's like my hair crack!!

Greatest trial: sticking with a regimen, my hair likes consistency and sometimes i can get lazy with the dc's and such. Relaxed hair needs a lot of TLC to thrive

Hair type: thick 4c

Length: apl trying to reach bsl by may 2010.

Shampoo: Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo
Condish: ORS Replenishing Pak, Shescentit Banana Brulee
Leave in: Spray: Dove Daily Moisture Mist Creamy: still looking :ohwell:
Oil: Black & Bossie all natural hair & scalp oil (mixed with peppermint oil and rosemary oil)-------> (can I just say, I :love: this! It is the only thing I can freely apply to my scalp that doesn't cause a layer of crust to form. It absorbs into the skin well, and my scalp stays happy and clear)

Greatest trial: Trying not to buy every product with an LHCF miracle story. I'm SUCH a PJ :wallbash:

Hair type: Not sure, but I think 4a.

Length: smack dap between SL and APL (arrrgggggghhhh)

Last edited:
Shampoo: Hairveda Shampoo Bar & Shescentit TT poo.

Condish:

Hairveda Moist 24/7 & Strinillah
Shescentit Fortifying Masque

Leave in:
Shescentit Coco Cream Leave In

Oil:
Don't use a oil. Use my homemade whipped butter.

Greatest trial: Getting to the point of KISS and being gentle and understanding with my hair

Hair type:
Kinda Thick. 4a/4b. (Relaxed)

Length: 1 inch from APL or past SL.

Can I participate even though I'm not relaxed anymore? Please?

I have 4a hair and when I was relaxed my favorite products were:
  • Kera Care Detangling Shampoo
  • Kera Care Conditioner or Alter Ego Conditioner
  • I switched leave-ins frequently, but I repurchased Ojon Revitalizing Mist many times.
  • I loved (and still love) Aveda Universal Styling Creme. I also liked their shine serum. The USC made my hair so shiny, but not a greasy shine. And it kept my hair straight in humidity, drizzles and mists.
  • The Aveda USC really didn't need much in the way of touch ups or additional products, but I'd put a small amount of jojoba or Kemi oyl on the ends only, so I could keep movement and body.
  • Nexxus Emergencee
My biggest trial was trying not to be so heavy handed with my brush. I'd had the same brush since I was seven and although I bought boar bristle brushes and paddle brushes, I kept using the brush from hell. My sisters would always say that my brush was too hard when I did their hair, but I was addicted to that brush.

So, my problem was that I would use a regular comb or a pick to go through my hair, but I would always finish off with that nylon bristle brush, especially when wrapping my hair at night. I knew it was wrong, but I kept doing it. :nono:

I was usually around apl - bsl. But I was never able to hang on to my bsl length for long because my ends would start to look raggedy - thanks to that brush. :rolleyes:

Oil: African Pride oil (Looking 4 a new one that is not heavy)l

Hey OP, you should try Africa's Best Herbal Oil (it's very light, has great ingredients & it's cheap)

Shampoo: Breakthru
Condish: AO Conditioners
Leave in: HE LTR leave-in (moisturizer: darcy's botanicals transitioning creme)
Oil: Africa's Best Herbal Oil

Greatest trial: Being patient (I'm at an awkward stage because I'm growing out pretty severe breakage that occurred before my HHJ)

Hair type: 4

Length: Grazing APL

Shampoo: Mizani Botanifying

Condish: Mizani Moisturfuse

Leave in: none

Moisturizer: Mizani Butter Rich Hairdress

Oil: Nu Expressions Hot 10 Oil

Greatest trial: Single strand Knots

Hair type: 4z (?)

Length: Between BSL and MBL

Shampoo: I don't have a favorite shampoo...:(
Condish: Aphogee 2-Minute, ORS Replenishing Condish, Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil (for my new growth only),HE Long Term Relationship
Leave in: HE Long Term Relationship leave-in
Oil: Vatika Oil

Greatest trial: Fighting the urge to buy every single thing I see and jump on every single bandwagon available. My most recent one is Ayurveda...I'm starting this Saturday. :look: And waiting for my hair to grow.

Hair type: 4a/b, fine strands, medium to thin density. :(

Length: SL, again, :(

Last edited:

I am gonna try the Alter Ego condish cause I have the same problem. Every1 has raved about the condish. I looked up blueBeez it is $29

Shampoo: CON Green label regularly, IC Fantasis Pure Tea to clarify

Condish: GVP Hydrating Mask, Silicon Mix, CON Strengthing and Moisturizing to DC, HB Carrot Cholesterol, Aphogee 2min

Leave in: Salerm 21, Silicon Mix, Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin

Oil: HB Castor Oil + eucalyptus,rosemary,peppermint essential oil, Olive Oil

Greatest trial: Learning what to give my hair what it needs, when it needs it

Hair type: No idea

Shampoo: Nexxus Therappe (usually), ORS Aloe to clarify

Condish: Alter Ego Garlic, Alter Ego Coconut, Nacidit, and I've recently discovered Motions Plus which I think I love :lick:

Leave in: (I use so many - which one depends on what I'm doing with my hair) Lacio Lacio, NTM, Aphogee Green Tea, AG Fast Food, Humectress, NeQual
Oil: I don't normally use oils as they weigh my hair down but I have used (and liked) coconut oil, EVOO, and Jojoba for prepoos

Greatest trial: Split ends!!!

Hair type: 3b/c fine (I think)

Length: BSL

Shampoo: Elucence Moisture Balancing poo
Condish: Silk elements megasilk for moisture, still looking for my fave protein
Leave in: Salerm 21
Oil: Oils are not part of my regular maintenance, but i use a castor/ olive oil mix as a prepoo monthly. I recently purchased coconut oil to add to my winter prepoo regimen.

Greatest trial: avoiding hair breakage

Hair type: 4a/b mostly medium strands with a slightly coarse texture

Length: close to APL

I didn't know products may work differently because you are relaxed vs natural

Shampoo: None yet, Have sally's version of WEN (Hair one) in the mail tho...

Condish: Silk Elements Mega cholesterol conditioning treatment / Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor

Leave in: Herbel Essences Long term relationship/ Chi Kertain Mist

Oil: Coconut.. I guess, I'm starting not like oil tho :ohwell:

Greatest trial: Being so obsessed with hair, I have a really addictive personality. I been through bouts of addiction.. and I think I found my new fix..

Hair type: 4a 75% of my hair, then i have some loser curles.. then I have a annoying patch of soft hair that doesn't curl at all.. that loves to break off

Length: Between SL and APL.. idk think thats 4

Last edited:
Shampoo: I rarely use Shampoo --for Moisture, Giovanni SAS. AO Green Tea to Clarify

Conditioner: Too many to Name AE Garlic, Alterna, Philip B, Keratase, Alaparf, Ojon, Joico, L'anza, L'Occtaine, Aveda, SheScentIt, Hairveda, Afroveda, Paul Brown Hawaii, Pureology, AO

Leave In: AG Fast Food, AE Nourish Spa, Salerm 21 B5, BBD Stretch, Alba Botanica etc..

Oil: EVOO, EVCO, Avacado, Sweet Almond, Apricot Kernel, Jojoba, Wheat Germ, Soy,
Macadamia

Greatest Trial: Recovering from A Major Salon Mishap

Type: 4 something

Length: NL

Shampoo: I've gone back to using regular shampoos...i'm loving Herbal Essence LTR and Suave Humectant

Condish:Herbal Essence LTR conditioner, Suave Humectant, Hair One, ORS Replenishing, Banana Brulee:lick:, V05 Moisture Milks

Leave in:LTR leave-in

Oil: Coconut, Vatika, Proclaim Natural 7 Oil with Olive Oil, JBCO mixed with EVOO and Peppermint Oil

Greatest trial: Keeping my length and ends moist. The longer it gets the more moisture it needs.:yep:

Hair type: 4a...i guess

Length:Almost Waistlength

Have You come to a conclusion about Your shedding?, I am having the same problem.

Shampoo: Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo (very hydrating and good for both relaxed and natural heads)
Conditioner: Still looking
Leave-in: Still looking/don't use very often
Oil: Grapeseed Oil
Greatest Trial: Working with two hair textures (texlaxed on the ends and bone straight everywhere else). I have a better handle on it though.
Hair Type: Relaxed, 4A?
Length: Midback

Shampoo: Bed Head Moisturize Manic(love the smell too)

Condish: Bed Head Moisturize Manic

Leave in: Creme of Nature Leave in Creme(orange bottle)/Soft and beautiful Thermal Straighten Lotion(life saver)

Oil: Sweet Almond Oil(on scalp) On hair I use Pantene Pro-v Oil sheen to flat iron my iron, and I now like KeraCare Oil Sheen with Humitiy(sp) Block and Mizani Oil Sheen

Greatest trial: Less is def more, my hair prefers less products(but I keep buying more).

Hair type: Relaxed, natural hair type is 3C/4A mixed.

Length: APL

I'm not going to share since I'm still trying things out. But I want to bump this thread.

It's interesting, I eventually want to go to one line (or mostly one line), and I was thinking Phyto or Redken, but it looks like the most popular is Kera Care, so I'll have to add that to my to try list (and some of those DC's that Terri is using).

Thanks ladies for sharing.

I didn't know products may work differently because you are relaxed vs natural

Shampoo: None yet, Have sally's version of WEN (Hair one) in the mail tho...

Condish: Silk Elements Mega cholesterol conditioning treatment / Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor

Leave in: Herbel Essences Long term relationship/ Chi Kertain Mist

Oil: Coconut.. I guess, I'm starting not like oil tho :ohwell:

Greatest trial: Being so obsessed with hair, I have a really addictive personality. I been through bouts of addiction.. and I think I found my new fix..

Hair type: 4a 75% of my hair, then i have some loser curles.. then I have a annoying patch of soft hair that doesn't curl at all.. that loves to break off

Length: Between SL and APL.. idk think thats 4

What I found was that when I was natural I could use something like EQ Mango butter but now that I am relaxed it weighs my hair down. Some1 else can probally explain it better than I can. It seems like most relaxed head have to not be so heavy handed as not the weigh the hair down.

Any1 else chime in................

Condish: Geeesh, that`s kinda HARD! Um... Aussie Moist, K-Pak, Biofusion, AND OF COURSE ORS!!

Leave in: Aphoghee

Oil: Grapeseed Oil, Vitamin E, OLIVE OIL! ummm.. Shea.. I <3 my Shea!

Greatest trial: My greatest trial is not trying 'new' things, I am so fixed on my regimen that it`s hard for me to throw in NEW things!

Hair type: Hell if I know?

Length: APL & nothing longer! :lick:

Shampoo: Keracare hydrating detangling shampoo
Condish: ORS
Leave in: NTM leave in
Oil: Africa's Best and Coconut oil (both are great)

Greatest trial: getting to MBL. I've been BSL since the end of 2007, due to setbacks and mis-steps, so I end up having to trim my ends.

Hair type: No clue

Length: just below BSL

Shampoo: Cream of Nature: Green Label
Condish: Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment, ORS, Aphogee 2 minute
Leave in: Herbal Essence's Long Term Relationship
Oil: Coconut Oil, EVOO, Sweet Almond Oil
Greatest trial: Single Strand Knots and Low Manipulation
Hair type: ???

Length: soooo very close to BSL

Last edited:
Shampoo: CON for the length of my hair, new old I don't care, still works for me. Giovanni or Aveda for my scalp
Condish: Silk Elements DC, ORS Replenishing, Aphoghee 2 min.
Leave in: I have so many but my fave is Silicon Mix leave-in
Oil: Coconut Oil, EVOO
Greatest trial: trying to decide whether or not to transition.
Hair type: 4a, kinky

Length: a little past APL

Shampoo: Aphogee Deep Moisture. I can actually go without conditioner if I wanted to.
Condish:Porosity control (instant) SitriNillah or Mizani Moisturefuse (deep)
Leave in: fermodyl 619ES
Oil: EVOO to condition, EVCO to seal

Greatest trial: Controlling breakage. I had to discover that porosity was causing my dryness, which was leading to my breakage. It took me months of experimenting to get it under control.

Hair type: Fine/Dense tight wavy. Maybe 4B? Haven't seen it since I was 6.
Length: Collar Bone length

Next hurdle to overcome: See thru, broken, over processed, thinning edges.

What I found was that when I was natural I could use something like EQ Mango butter but now that I am relaxed it weighs my hair down. Some1 else can probally explain it better than I can. It seems like most relaxed head have to not be so heavy handed as not the weigh the hair down.

Any1 else chime in................

I'm relaxed and EQ mango butter is a staple for my ends. But my hair is pretty thick and naturally course. Doesn't weigh me down.
My answers:

Shampoo: Vo5 kiwi lime (I clarify alot because I dc with oils)
Condish: vo5 moisture millks, evco+evoo, still looking.
Leave in: Garnier Fructis with color shield
Oil: Evco, Castor oil

Greatest trial: Moisture/Protein balance

Hair type: 4b maybe? (course and coily)

Length: Sl

Shampoo: Creme of Nature detangling shampoo
Condish: Mane and Tail / Garnier Fructies L&S
Leave in: Motions
Oil: coconut oil
Greatest trial: Those trims that should only be a 1/4 in but end up being 1 in.
Hair type: a/b?Length: Full APL

Back