Relaxed ladies w/ coarse hair that stretch

locabouthair

i was wondering how do you stretch your relaxers without breakage. i am thinking about relaxing again but my hairdresser said that i would have to get a perm every month because my hair is REALLY coarse and it would break at the line of demarcation. i know some of you use scurl but does that help to prevent breakage?

My question to would be...do you have a regimne and how often do you CO washes to your hair?

The key to making my relaxer stretches last would be my CO washes I do 3 times a week and daily moisturization (i.e. serums, leave-ins, creams, oils, etc).How do you usually style your hair everyday? Do you use heat very often? Protein treatments weekly/monthly?

All of those things are determining factors in making your stay looking halfway decent when trying to stretch with course hair. I have learned this so far from the forum. Can you answer those questions for me..?:D :)

S curl does help prevent breakage by adding moisture to the hair some people use Stay Soft Fro also. Nobody needs a relaxer every month. Develop a regime with easy to find and affordable staple products.

vikkisecret said:
My question to would be...do you have a regimne and how often do you CO washes to your hair?

The key to making my relaxer stretches last would be my CO washes I do 3 times a week and daily moisturization (i.e. serums, leave-ins, creams, oils, etc).How do you usually style your hair everyday? Do you use heat very often? Protein treatments weekly/monthly?

All of those things are determining factors in making your stay looking halfway decent when trying to stretch with course hair. I have learned this so far from the forum. Can you answer those questions for me..?:D :)

when i had a perm i knew nothing about co washes. what i used to do was wear my hair down or in a ponytail. i didn't use heat often. but my hair was always dry. if i decide to perm again i would moisturize more and probably wear it an updo or a rod set.

I use S-curl mixed w/ oils and distilled water etc. it helps out on major strech weeks, but lately I've been CO every 4 days and keeping it in cornrows, I do moisturize my cornrows 3x's a day w/ BB castor oil moisturizer and some oils mixed I just run the palms of my hands over my cornrows, whenever I oil my scalp w/ some EO I massage it into my scalp and NG, and using a very moisturizing Poo and Cond. is the best thing to help for styling on wash day getting that comb to glide through as if you were not post relaxer ( I use dominican Poo's and Cond.) Also I DC w/every shampoo. I'm 13wks and 4days post and it has been easier than I could have ever thought. ;)

Back