Relaxed ladies - How often do you touch up?

How often do you touch up?

• Every 5 weeks or less :look:

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Every 6 weeks

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Every 7 weeks

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Every 8 weeks

Votes: 18 11.7%
  • Every 9+ weeks

Votes: 124 80.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I relax on average every 12 weeks which is 4x's a year. I do it this way because from the crown to the forehead I only get 1 inch of NG. During my last stretch I felt I could have gone 16 weeks ( because of Taaliah Waajid Protective mist bodifier) but I was anxious to comb my scalp (dont judge me I like the way it feels).

I think once I hit APL, I will start relaxing only 3x's a year. I will play it by ear.

D.Lisha

13weeks for me.
I want to make my ultimate stretch goal at least 16 weeks.....so i'm going to work towards that in the near future. :yep:

chrstndiva

I relax a minimum of every 9 weeks, but I go as long as 12 weeks. It depends on what is going on with my hair and if I have anything scheduled, like travel or a major event. I tried 14 weeks and I will never do that again.

ellehair

btween 8 and 10 weeks. ive done a 20 week stretch and i fell like I had too much breakage, so never again..

Tangie

I no longer relax on a schedule and just listen to my hair. But on average, I relax about every 12 to 13 weeks. I'm going to attempt an 18 week stretch this go round only because I don't want to relax until my brother's wedding but if need be, I will relax sooner.

Britt

I'm relaxing tonight or either tomorrow night... it's only been 9 wks.
I typically relax every 8-10 wks.. my hair starts giving me problems when I stretch longer. I can't comb it properly, my roots are super fat and hard to tame, it's just harder to deal with.

Last night I did some bantu knots trying to try a style w/ texture since everyone does this when stretching their relaxer... well it came out a hot arse mess this morning and it took a while for me to smooth my hair to try and even pull my hair back in a ponytail. I got fed up, so I will be slapping in the creamy crack when I get home.

Last edited:

Ms. Alainious

I usually relax around 11-12 weeks. Now that it's getting cold, I may have to adjust that. The more new growth I get, the more I have to wash to keep it manageable. Washing my hair 2-3 times a week prob won't work when it's 12 degrees outside.

TayMac

Every 9-10 weeks. I just had a touch up yesterday and prior to that it was early September. I have gone up to 12 weeks whenever I have worn kinky twist extensions.

sunnieb

I last posted in this thread a year ago that I eventually wanted to do 16 week stretches. However, I'm letting that goal go. My hair is thriving with 14 weeks stretches, so that's where I'll stay. :yep:

sayoko

I relax every 10-12 weeks. This last relaxer(September) I stretched 14 weeks too long for me, I experienced breakage..

kupenda

Every 3 months. So, 12 weeks. And I allow myself one corrective per year. No direct heat the week before or after a relaxer.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Poopiedo

I responded to this post last year with 12-13 weeks. Now I relax every 16 weeks minimum to 24 weeks max. I don't relax more than 3 times a year.

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
I relax every 16-17 weeks now. I've noticed that since I began stretching every 16 weeks, my hair has thickened up. I want to eventually do 20-24 week stretches though.

Mische

Every 12 weeks is just right for me. I'm only going 11 weeks this stretch (relaxing next weekend) though.

Need2gro

I've just hit the 16wk mark. I've had a bit of breakage - not too much. Too lazy to rollerset tonight so I'll prob relax in 2 wks time.

baddison

natural for good
I touch-up 3times per year....every 4months. STretching is a way of life for me. Its second nature. I've learned to control shedding and breakage,and keep my hair healthy and strong:grin::grin:....*sigh* some hard lessons happened,:nono: but I finally learned!!:lol: