relaxed ladies, how many inches of growth do you typically get?

blessedandlucky

two questions for relaxed lhcf ladies,

(1) how many inches of growth do you typically get when you relax?
(2) how long do you stretch your relaxers?

this is my first time stretching and just wondering. i have stretched for almost 11 weeks and it seems like my hair is getting shorter! BUT, i know it isn't.

thanks.

I average 0.5 inches a month. I stretch 12 weeks. My growth rate was the same when I was natural.

I know what you mean about your hair "getting shorter" When it's about time to texlax again people will start asking me if I cut my hair.

this is my first time stretching and just wondering. i have stretched for almost 11 weeks and it seems like my hair is getting shorter! BUT, i know it isn't.

thanks.

Its funny that you ask this question, because I just relaxed. And like always at the end of my streches I feel like my hair is shorter. However, when I relax I realize that I've actually grown quite a bit. I normally get about 1.5 inches during my streches.

^^ ITA. My growth rate per month is inconsistent, because the first 4 weeks are pretty stagnant, the NG just shoots out of nowhere. I typically stretch anywhere from 12-16 weeks.

I get 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch per month. I don't stretch. I relax every 4 to 5 weeks. I know it's taboo around here to relax that often but I always have, and with no problems. No breakage or anything.

^^ ITA. My growth rate per month is inconsistent, because the first 4 weeks are pretty stagnant, the NG just shoots out of nowhere. I typically stretch anywhere from 12-16 weeks.

I was thinking of making a post to ask if this happens to others. It seems like I don't grow much for the first 8 weeks or so then all of a sudden BAM! New growth out the wazzzu!

My average is about 1/2 inch per month. I usually stretch for 3 months but this time I'm going for 4.

My growth rate is 1/2" to 3/4" a month, so when I touchup, after a 13- to 14-week stretch, I have about 2" of growth.

Right now i have about 4 inches of new growth(unstretched) so it just depends. I do feel like my hair is getting shorter, but I know that's just from shrinkage of the NG. Can't wait to relax but I don't know if I will. This stretch is going pretty well.

I don't know how many inches this is, but here is my hair 15 weeks post. I'm trying to stretch between 16-20 weeks.
pc030016mu3.jpg

i have stretched for almost 11 weeks and it seems like my hair is getting shorter! BUT, i know it isn't.

You have what naturals call shrinkage, your new growth draws up and makes the rest of your hair look shorter.

I get around .5 inches every 5 weeks. My longest stretch was 13 weeks. This time I want to stretch 20 so I can get 2 inches. Right now I'm 8 weeks post and my hair is shrinking...It's not as fun to wear my hair down once the NG attacks!

I don't know monthly.....but if I was to cut my hair in jan, probably by the fall it would a couple inches longer, I could tell a differences.....but I don't want to say 6 or 7 inches in a year, it could be more or it could be less, but every year I can tell a difference......

My hair grows about 1/2 inch per month. I stretch at least 12 weeks but this time I will be stretching for 7 months. Wish me luck!

I get around .5 per month. Like the others have stated, it looks like my hair is doing nothing then all of a sudden I begin to feel the growth. And yes, right now my hair looks short.

I usually stretch 12 weeks. My longest stretch was 13 weeks. I'm currently 11 weeks. So far so good. The scarf method is really working for my edges so I'm in no rush to relax. I was planning to relax at 16 weeks, but now I'm shooting for 20 weeks minimum.

With each stretch, I've learned to handle my new growth better than the previous stretch. Who knows, I might do a 6 month stretch.

ITA!. Every month i find myself worrying that my hair stopped growing:lol:. I usually stretch for 12 weeks (the shortest). The first month i feel my new growth and im like okay..i feel a lil' something something. The second month i feel and i start worrying like omg why don't i feel alot of NG!? And by the 2nd week of the 3rd month, its like ng sprung out of nowhere!! Im literally like did this happen over night!?? :lachen:

My growth rate is 1/2" to 3/4" a month, so when I touchup, after a 13- to 14-week stretch, I have about 2" of growth.

This.:yep:

Before I started LHCF I use to relax every month. Then I found LHCF and started relaxing every 3 months, then next time around 4 months, then 6 months, and that is when I saw a difference when I relax, and so did other people around me.
But now I do either 11 or yearly stretches. I do it with wigs in the winter time, lacefront in the spring, and for the summer I should have mad new growth right so I just throw a afro ponytail or straight but mostly afro because it matches my real hair and just either do a lot of co-washes, then for the fall I do the old school Janet Jackson braids, then its time for a perm, but since I did the 11 month thing now I wanna stretche for 16 to 18 months, I really wanna be MBL for my Graduation time. Now all along no trims just dusting and S/D, moisturize as needed and take vitamins when I remember. Clarify every two weeks, in between time co-wash or castle peppermint soap wash.

I'm not exactly sure how many inches my hair grows per month, but I normally stretch relaxers from 12 to 16 weeks. Right now, I'm 5 months post.

I get the average 1/2 inch a month growth.
I stretch between 8 -12 wks. Anymore than that, I get really bad breakage.

thanks.

1) I barely ever really measure it out because I like surprises. =/ maybe I should start.
2) I stretch for 6 months plus. I prefer to perm around the summer months because, straightening my hair when it's humid outside makes no sense since it reverts back to being curling in less than a few minutes.

I think I get about 1.5 inches with each relaxer but I'm really not sure. I know that I don't get over 1.5 inches because I only retain 4-4.5 inches a year and I don't have breakage or shedding issues :ohwell:
I normally stretch for 16-18 weeks...I'm going for 6 months this year :weird:

1. I usually get the average .5 inch every 4-5 weeks... by touch up time I'll have 1"-2" inches of new growth.
2. I stretch anywhere between 8-16 weeks. This usually depends if I have a special event, or are stretching with the help of braids/twists.

I get about .5" inch a month. I relax every 8-12 weeks. I want to go longer, but I need someone who's an expert at stretching without receiving tons of breakage to convince me.

Back