Relaxed Heads - How often do you moisturize?

How often do you moisturize???

• 1-2x daily

Votes: 158 60.1%
  • A few times a week

Votes: 65 24.7%
  • As needed (explain)

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Never

Votes: 9 3.4%

• Total voters

LadyB_rob

How often do you moisturize with a leave-in?
Every day

What do you use?
Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer or Hawaiian 14-n-1

What's different about how you moisturize now and how you did it at the beginning of your hair journey?
Use to moisturize 2x daily (morning and evening) now only moisturize at night

ATLcutey20

1x a day (usually at night)

What do you use?
Right now I'm just using regular Elasta QP conditioner w/water mixed

What's different about how you moisturize now and how you did it at the beginning of your hair journey?
The first time I was relaxed, I only used Pink Oil Moisturizer to moisturize my hair. Sorry hair! :nono:

Luscious850

2x a day, every single day

What do you use?

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship

There really isn't a difference other than the product I use. I love HE LTR sometimes I mix it with some homemade whipped shea butter and I seal with oil.

Your Cheeziness

I apply a water based moisturizer to my ends as needed. This is usually 1-2 times a week between washes.

ETA: I used to moisturize and seal daily. But, my hair doesn't need that anymore. I've got a whole new head of hair from when I've started so I've got a fresh palatte and not trying to correct any damage.

Last edited:

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
i twist my hair once a week and i use Hawaiian Silky as my product but outside of that i don't moisturize.:nono:

i always say i'm going to but it never happens. my hair is really suffering but i can't find anything that works.:ohwell:

taz007

I just started a new daily moisturizing routine and I can already see/feel a difference. I just wish that I wasn't so hair lazy lately :look:

chasturner84

Hey ladies! Nice to still see a few relaxed heads around here :hiya:

How often do you moisturize?
approx 3x a week

1x on wash day

What do you use?
Spring/Summer-Scurl (I saturate my hair to the point were it stays wet)
I have YET to find a good moisturizer for fall/winter

Not much. In the beginning, I moisturized and sealed daily but now I only moisturize a few times a week. It works for me. I was just feeling my hair and it feels extremely soft even though it's been 2 days since I moisturized :ohwell:

camilla

AS NEEDED It depends on how i I am wearing my hair. when i am in protective styles i spray daily when i wear my hair out every day to every other day

every day when my hair is not in a wrap style ntm silk touch mixed with aussie moist leave in

What do you use?
elasta qp mango butter like it but. looking for a replacement long term relationship for braid or twist outs but. looking for a replacement

I do it in sections now my hair is ALOT thicker and i had thick hair to begin with

danysedai

I'm really bad at being consistent so I'll moisturize as needed same as camilla above.

I moisturize with a leave in on wash day, so that's once sometimes twice per week.

I use Kerastase Night Serum as a moisturizer, Kerastase Sublimateur Jour as a daily moisturizer and I do not seal. Lately I've been using Kerastase Nectar Thermique as a leave in.

There is no difference between how I moisturize now and at the beginning as I was not consistent then and I'm not consistent now. The only thing is that I've found my perfect moisturizer in the K Night serum and the Sublimateur Jour.

nyreeroberts1

My answers:

2x a day, everyday!

What do you use?

CHI Silk Infusion in the morning and Castor Oil at night before I put in my flexi rods. I also mix in a little Salerm21 with both oils.

I used to use ORS Olive Oil and Profectiv Healthy Ends (thick and creamy) when my hair was shorter and when I bunned daily. Since I realized my hair needs more moisture, I DC weekly with Nexxus Humectress which allows me to use less products overall.

TLC1020

How often do you moisturize with a leave-in? I don't use a leave-in but I do a moisturizing cream base product that I use daily..

What do you use? Motions Daily Hairdress for coarse hair

What's different about how you moisturize now and how you did it at the beginning of your hair journey? Not much that's different, just trying to stay consistant has definitely helped alot.

EbonyCPrincess

After washing and occasionally throughout the week depending on what my hair needs. I sometimes use my leave in, sometimes use other moisturizers.

What do you use?
Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer, S-Curl

Nothing really. I pretty much do it the same way.

sunnieb

nyreeroberts1 - Where have you been????

You can't just come up in this thread posting and what not with that awesome siggy pic! :lol:

Come on over to the relaxed hair thread and spill the deets on how you rollerset your 17 weeks post hair. Your results are amazing!

I'll tag you in the thread! Join us! :yep:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
^^^my hair stays moisturized between co-washes. As long as I use a good leave-in I don't have to moisturize during the week.

NYDee

People who moisturize dry hair, do you do it when you plan to wear your hair out straight for a while? If yes, doesn't it weigh it down?

MissMusic

NYDee, As divachyk said, just be super light handed, not more than a quarter sized amount for your whole head. If you moisturize at night, in the morning your hair will have soaked up most of the moisturizer, so you will have that light hair we all enjoy.

SleekyHair

I moisturize my hair with a leave in on wash days. I almost never moisturize in-between washes. If I do, I only use a pea sized amount. Less is more with my hair. I like to use that Fekkai glossing cream or the John Freida secret weapon.

NYDee

Anyone know of a moisturizing serum like product? Those lotion types dull my sleek rollerset result.

I'm also looking for non-crunchy hold spray or leave-in. Recommendations appreciated.

SuchaLady

I used to do it every day but I realized that I was just applying product on top of product for no reason. My hair was not dry I just thought it was something I should have been doing. I now only moisturize once a week midweek.

Last edited: