QUIT PETTIN' ON ME!!!!!!!(kinda long)

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
On Thursday, I took down my week old twists cuz they were starting to harden (I'll make another thread about this) so I went to work on Friday with a nice bouncy twistout. So far, so good.

Well, I'm sitting in my office and one of the runners comes in to pick up my outgoing mail. It's a black dude who I occaisionally joke around with but I wouldn't say he's some body I just kick it with or anything. Anyhow, I'm on the phone when he comes in and next thing I know, I feel my hair being pulled. I give him one of my best "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU" looks and he keeps on playing in my hair!:mad: Now I was on a conference call that I couldn't get off but at this point I grabbed a binder and start hitting him with it and eventually shooed him out of my office. :poke:

When I got off the phone, I went to the mailroom and told him that was the first and last time his hands was going in my head!!!!!! When he saw I was really not amused, he apologized. :ohwell:

Alright, fast forward to Saturday, and I'm at my cousins wedding. I'm sitting next to my aunt who during the ENTIRE CEREMONY is pulling on my hair. My aunt is 60, so at first I just let her do it, cuz she was only grabbing a few hairs, but as the ceremony went on, she started grabbing the whole left side of my head!!!!!! I'm sitting there HEATED, trying to scoot away from her but there's somebody on the other side of me. All I could do was bob and weave ya'll! :swearing:

After the ceremony was over, I turned to her and said that if she didn't quit pettin on me that I was going to pinch her! So then all the family sitting around who heard started telling me to quit being mean to an old lady! :whip: Since we were in church, I didn't say what was on my mind, but I wasn't at all happy. :mad:

I don't usually wear my hair down and I can see that I won't be doing it that often. I used to wonder about people in those threads who would talk about strangers grabbing their hair, but now I know that anybody can get got!

BEWARE my fellow hair growers!!! Protect yo' head from crazy *** hair pullers!!!!

:lachen::lachen: This is too funny! People got nerve ya know. Take it as a compliment. They just dont know how to verbalize it and they think thier fingers in your hair can do the talkin!

I know, right? People are a trip!

I just big chopped last week, and just about everybody I know wants to touch my hair! Now, I don't mind my man doing it. I mean, he can't keep his hands out of it. ( I can't complain, I can't keep my hands out of his locs!)

But my goodness, I wasn't prepared for his kids, my kids, my MOTHER (who says I must be going through an idenity crisis), and many other folks wanting to touch my TWA! So, I feel you.

Oh well. Like someone else said, take it as a compliment!

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate anybody who wants to compliment my hair. But puttin yo' nose pickin-finger lickin hands all up in my head is a no-no!!!!!!

I tend to have that "nots to be messed wit" vibe going on but something seriously broke down this weekend. :)

I cant believe the audacity of some folks. Hair is just so.... personal to me. Its a very intimate thing. What would make someone feel they have the right to stroke and touch and pull on it? *smh* That's something else right there.....

Girl, I see that gorgeous hair on your head, and I want to pet you too!

*must keep hands away from JCoily's hair* :look:

It's like a hand magnet! :lachen::lachen:

WomanlyCharm said:
Girl, I see that gorgeous hair on your head, and I want to pet you too!

*must keep hands away from JCoily's hair* :look:

It's like a hand magnet! :lachen::lachen:

You know, I exclude the LHCF ladies from the petting rule. If any of ya'll touched my hair I would at least get product recommendations! :p

KiniKakes said:
I cant believe the audacity of some folks. Hair is just so.... personal to me. Its a very intimate thing. What would make someone feel they have the right to stroke and touch and pull on it? *smh* That's something else right there.....

I can almost see my aunt taking the liberty, but mailroom dude was outta line! BTW - your cake decorating pictures are very cool!:)

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my hair for my homecoming for this very reason. I was in NC last weekend around a bunch of people I went to college with...I thought I would SCREAM all the hands that were in my hair! I bit my tongue though because I don't want to come off "mean" to these people who haven't seen me in a year or more and I know they really mean no harm:( But I had a good friend with me that knew it was getting on my nerves, lol. By the end of the weekend, she was letting people know "Oh...she doesn't like when people do that..." with that, you may want to stop tone, lol.

Just cause it's natural doesn't mean what ever style its in won't mess up if hands are constantly in it AND I don't know where your nasty hands have been!!!!

aww poor thang. But i must admit...I've never seen a natural head with well taken care of, moisturized hair that is out. So I'd be just a tad bit curious too.... the naturalheads i've seen are the guys who wear braids all day and if their hair is out...it's reeeeeeeally dry and doesnt look healthy. So jcoily, i can't say that i promise not to touch your lovely coils if i see you... though i would touch it quickly and then run so you can't backhand me... :grin:

I bet your hair was too cute. Dang I wish I could have seen it. Got some pictures?:grin:

l know how you feel. Somebody dug into my hair at a concert one night. It may be a small consolation, but at least you know the folks who touched your hair. The lady who swept up my hair was a stranger, drunk and did it 2xs! :eek: I can't talk though, 'cause prior to coming to LHCF I actually pushed back this lady's wig...to look at her natural hair...without asking for permission...at a place of business...in public. I am still owed some bad Karma for that one.

Chicoro said:
I can't talk though, 'cause prior to coming to LHCF I actually pushed back this lady's wig...to look at her natural hair...without asking for permission...at a place of business...in public. I am still owed some bad Karma for that one.
NO! YOU! DI'NT!? Oh my damn! :eek: :lachen:

Chicoro said:
I bet your hair was too cute. Dang I wish I could have seen it. Got some pictures?:grin:

l know how you feel. Somebody dug into my hair at a concert one night. It may be a small consolation, but at least you know the folks who touched your hair. The lady who swept up my hair was a stranger, drunk and did it 2xs! :eek: I can't talk though, 'cause prior to coming to LHCF I actually pushed back this lady's wig...to look at her natural hair...without asking for permission...at a place of business...in public. I am still owed some bad Karma for that one.

LMAO!!:lachen:

Chicoro said:

:eek: :lachen: :lachen:

JCoily said:
On Thursday, I took down my week old twists cuz they were starting to harden (I'll make another thread about this) so I went to work on Friday with a nice bouncy twistout. So far, so good.

Well, I'm sitting in my office and one of the runners comes in to pick up my outgoing mail. It's a black dude who I occaisionally joke around with but I wouldn't say he's some body I just kick it with or anything. Anyhow, I'm on the phone when he comes in and next thing I know, I feel my hair being pulled. I give him one of my best "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU" looks and he keeps on playing in my hair!:mad: Now I was on a conference call that I couldn't get off but at this point I grabbed a binder and start hitting him with it and eventually shooed him out of my office. :poke:

When I got off the phone, I went to the mailroom and told him that was the first and last time his hands was going in my head!!!!!! When he saw I was really not amused, he apologized. :ohwell:

Alright, fast forward to Saturday, and I'm at my cousins wedding. I'm sitting next to my aunt who during the ENTIRE CEREMONY is pulling on my hair. My aunt is 60, so at first I just let her do it, cuz she was only grabbing a few hairs, but as the ceremony went on, she started grabbing the whole left side of my head!!!!!! I'm sitting there HEATED, trying to scoot away from her but there's somebody on the other side of me. All I could do was bob and weave ya'll! :swearing:

After the ceremony was over, I turned to her and said that if she didn't quit pettin on me that I was going to pinch her! So then all the family sitting around who heard started telling me to quit being mean to an old lady! :whip: Since we were in church, I didn't say what was on my mind, but I wasn't at all happy. :mad:

I don't usually wear my hair down and I can see that I won't be doing it that often. I used to wonder about people in those threads who would talk about strangers grabbing their hair, but now I know that anybody can get got!

BEWARE my fellow hair growers!!! Protect yo' head from crazy *** hair pullers!!!!

I totally agree with how you feel, and those two incidents were totally rude, because hair is very personal part who you are. If it had happened to me, I would've jerked my body away, because I'm a big germ-a-phobe, and do not like people's nasty hands (for all I know they don't wash them) touching me or my hair, either. :barf:

JCoily, it's funny that you posted this because I can relate! For Labor Day weekend, I went to Michigan. I wore my hair in a twistout during my time there. How come I had my cousins and everyone either petting, pulling, or playing in my hair and asking me how I did this style and how my hair has grown so!? I've never got so much attention before going natural.

Natural hair is still a mystery to alot of people, even black folks. My quess is that they were amazed at the texture of your hair and some people cant help themselves when wanting to know what it feels like. I know thats no excuse for that kind of behavior but you cant tell everyboby that.

Back