Question for those who CW and shampoo daily.

FAMUDva

How do you ladies wear your hair regularly? I'm assuming you can't wear heat styles because that would require heat everyday. So do you bun or wear your hair back all the time since you shampoo/CW daily or multiple times per week?

Just curious.

TIA!

audacity.

How do you ladies wear your hair regularly? I'm assuming you can't wear heat styles because that would require heat everyday. So do you bun or wear your hair back all the time since you shampoo/CW daily or multiple times per week?

Just curious.

TIA!

Yup, you got it! I bun errr'day! :yep:

FAMUDva

Yup, you got it! I bun errr'day! :yep:

Thanks DG! I guess that's one of the reasons I can't be a year round CWer :) I bunned long enough to get from SL to APL and now I bun only when I'm having a bad hair day or don't feel like doing anything to my head. :look:

SkeeWeeTPie

I shampoo, condition, and then I put leave-in conditioner on my wet hair. I don't bun per se, but I pin up my hair in the back. Either that, or I wash my hair at night, sleep with braids, and wear a braid out the next day. My hair has never been this healthy, so I'm glad I adopted these methods.

hairspan

I let it airdry and wear it hanging most of the time since its not really cold here & when i dont feel like washing it i gel it back into a bun everyday.

MissMusic

On wet fresh from the shower hair, I pin up a French Braid by night and put a Flexi-8 Clip on for decoration in the morning. Since I wash every evening btw 5 and six, no leave-in's or anything. I'll post pics in my fotki in the morning of what it looks like after washing and in the morning after drying some with flexi-8 additon, for those who wanted to know.

Last edited:

kitkat3ny

I slick my hair back into a low ponytail and let the ends dry into one hot mess or dry into nice curls depending on what kinda hair day I'm having.

I'm still looking for that hg leave-in though.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I wear my hair up in an octupus clip pretty much every day:

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
After I CW I put some EVOO in my hair and then bun. I normally would leave it in a ponytail but it ends up looking like a bushy poof after a few hours.

I only shampoo about once a week. If I am extra daring I do it twice :look:

Tootuff

I wash and condition daily and apply a mosturizer and salerm 21 , and jamaican black castor oil and just let it air dry.

PeggyFair

I did my first cowash last night. I used Suave Champagne Kiss. It was weird cuz I'm used to a lather but it came out fine. I cowashed, then I put 100% shea butter in my hair, then I brushed it back and put it in a tight ponytail to airdry. I twisted the actual ponytail and I wore it out today. It looks mahhhvaluz! I think I'm going to cowash daily and do a shampoo/dc on Saturdays just to see how that goes.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I did my first cowash last night. I used Suave Champagne Kiss. It was weird cuz I'm used to a lather but it came out fine. I cowashed, then I put 100% shea butter in my hair, then I brushed it back and put it in a tight ponytail to airdry. I twisted the actual ponytail and I wore it out today. It looks mahhhvaluz! I think I'm going to cowash daily and do a shampoo/dc on Saturdays just to see how that goes.

Make sure you rotate the position of your ponytail so that there is not continual stress in the same area. Also, it is not recommended to do tight ponytails. That is what causes the hairline to recede. I am happy your hair looked great after your first CW :yep:.

ETA: Welcome to the board :grin:.

PeggyFair

Make sure you rotate the position of your ponytail so that there is not continual stress in the same area. Also, it is not recommended to do tight ponytails. That is what causes the hairline to recede. I am happy your hair looked great after your first CW :yep:.

ETA: Welcome to the board :grin:.

Thanks for the tip! I would have never known. I will rotate the position. I think I may even just wrap my hair every other day like I was initially going to do anyway.

MissMusic

I posted pics of my co-wash process in my six month relaxer stretch album for those that wanted to see. Please ignore the naps and my acne :perplexed!

FAMUDva

Sounds like bunning is the CW style... unless natural and going with the wash and go :)

Thanks ladies for the responses and giving insight :)

Mz DEE DEE

What is a co wash? ...sorry im new, this is my 1st day here and i keep seeing it pop up but have no idea what it means

Fine 4s

I can't reconcile the two thoughts...

Can co-washing or shampooing everyday remove the natural oils from the scalp (sebum). Or are we to assume that we are replenishing the moisture from the water, co-wash and leave-in? Is it the same thought for shampoos that can be more drying than co-washes?

Someone at my job asked about this and I couldn't really answer...

She thought that by washing you're removing all the natural moisture/secretion of the scalp. Then again, my secretions lol aren't travelling fast enough down the shaft!

That just sounded dirty.....