Products Everyday?

Rachel

I hope this is not a silly question... but is it ok to use styling products (such as mango butter, oils, gels) everyday without washing your hair everyday?

Also I rarely wash with shampoo, I mainly do CW every three days (or 1 week if I straighten my hair). Can I continue to just do CW while using various styling products without any ill effects? (ie buildup)

Thanks,
- Rachel

wow, i'm clarifying every 6 weeks (maybe) - are you still doing the curly girl method? I did my first shampoo the other day and my hair felt like crap afterwards. I was thinking about following the curly girl philosophy but not sure about the no shampooing, especially now that i'm transitioning and using a lot of stuff!

I don't think you have to wash your hair every day even if you are applying different products daily.

You might get build-up at some point. You just have to keep an eye on how your hair feels/looks to you.

I clarify about as frequently as you do. So, again, you just have to see what your hair needs.

Actually, I tried the curly girl method and didn't really like it. It seems like my wave pattern is more defined with shampooing and conditioning.

By the way, your hair has really filled out nicely over the last year! Great before and after photo ;)

Rachel said:
wow, i'm clarifying every 6 weeks (maybe) - are you still doing the curly girl method? I did my first shampoo the other day and my hair felt like crap afterwards. I was thinking about following the curly girl philosophy but not sure about the no shampooing, especially now that i'm transitioning and using a lot of stuff!

yep still doin it... its my routine for this month...clarifying is shampooing for me...with apple cider vinegar or baking soda...i am one that never thought her curls would look worth a thang...and they look great just about everyday....i had to get the hang of it and kept doin it everyday...from the curly girl book they say you only have to conditioner wash once a week or every 2...i dont...i do it everyday...im bringin this up because...that will not work for me...if u r concerned about how much build up u have maybe u need to clarify more....most ppl dont clarify as much as i do...this works for me...and my hair is not hard or fallin off

I don't think you have to wash your hair everyday if you're applying products everyday. I think once a week is sufficient. I plan on applying S-Curl and Citre Shine gel maybe every other day (as needed). I style my hair in a bun with a phony pony covered over it. I don't think applying the products will hurt your hair. Just make sure you clarify maybe every 3-4 weeks. Hope that helps!!! ;)

Rachel said:
I hope this is not a silly question... but is it ok to use styling products (such as mango butter, oils, gels) everyday without washing your hair everyday?

Also I rarely wash with shampoo, I mainly do CW every three days (or 1 week if I straighten my hair). Can I continue to just do CW while using various styling products without any ill effects? (ie buildup)

Thanks,
- Rachel

For me it is no problem since most products slide off my hair or gets absorbed into my hair shaft. But then again everyone is different.

Back