Question for the Natural 4a/b's....

Shatani

Question for the Natural 4a/b\'s....

ive been reading on some boards that people use a brush to detangle in the shower (with conditioner and whatnot) and ive done it twice and theres been breakage....

i was just wondering if any of you natural 4a/b's out there use brushes on your hair regularly....or if you think this is a bad idea???
~T~

Re: Question for the Natural 4a/b\'s....

i do it all the time w/ a paddle brush. it actually helps in detangling my hair. i think its a good idea, just don't use a small toothed comb or a brush with too many bristles close together

I tried it once with the Denman D83. I made half a stroke and the brush wouldn't move. I prctically had to peel that brush out my hair.
frown.gif

I'll stick with my Jilbere shower comb.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
I tried it once with the Denman D83. I made half a stroke and the brush wouldn't move. I prctically had to peel that brush out my hair.
frown.gif

I'll stick with my Jilbere shower comb.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! You can find them in Sally's for pretty cheap.

I just started transitioning but I don't have a problem using my boar bristle brush on wet or dry newgrowth.

okay...well i have a pretty wide toothed comb right now...that should tide me over until i can get to sally's....

im not really sure what the appropriate amount of space is between brush bristles...i just know that i dont like collecting my hair out of my brush after a shower
frown.gif

~T~

I detangle in the shower using the K-cutter comb. If you are not aware of what that is, it is very wide-tooth metal comb.

A few times, I have detangled with the daemon (Sp?) d3 brush also with good success. I just usually use the comb because that is what I am used to.

I use a the Goody knock off of the Denman brush in the shower, but I make sure my hair is very saturated with conditioner first, and I only do it once a week. I don't get alot of hair in the brush, just the normal amount due from shedding hair during the week.

for the most part, i use a wide tooth comb....about once a month or so, i use my goody knockoff brush

i have a goody knock off denman style brush. I can only get it through my hair if i detangle with a wide tooth comb first. I hardly ever use it now. I just stick to my big old orange wide tooth comb or the k-cutter.

[ QUOTE ]
babyblue said:
i have a goody knock off denman style brush. I can only get it through my hair if i detangle with a wide tooth comb first. I hardly ever use it now. I just stick to my big old orange wide tooth comb or the k-cutter.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I do.I only use the D-brush when I want to wear a wash & go which I might do every six months or more now.

It was hard enough getting a paddle brush through my thick hair when I was relaxed. I haven't even attempted now that I'm natural. I use a wide tooth comb and I've used a soft boar bristle brush occasionally to brush my hair into a ponytail, but not very often.

I use a brush only when I want to put wet hair into a ponytail. I use the brush to smooth my hair down.

I'm with missykeyana...I use the jilbere comb or the k-cutter on my hair. I use a baby brush only to smooth..never to actually brush through.

I use a Denman D3 to detangle maybe every few months or so. I typically just use a widetoothed seamless tortoise comb I got from Sallys but I've been trying to hunt down a kcutter.

where do you find the K Cutter comb??? i cant find it on the Sally website, i dont want take the trip if they dont have it...
~T~

Back