Question for clay users

txnatural409

I'm just now discovering all of these different types of clay for the hair. I think my hair type is 4a and I'm trying to think which clay would be the most moisturizing for my hair. I've been looking at the rhassoul, rose, and white kaolin clay on the FNWL site. Does anybody have any suggestions or favorite types of clay that you use?

I've only used bentonite clay. I buy it from whole foods (it's called aztec indian clay). I mix it with water and apply it to dry, coconut oiled hair.

Works like a charm. I end up with clean, soft, hair. It always seems like my coils are loose afterward but as soon as I add conditioner I get the best definition.

I've only used bentonite clay. I buy it from whole foods (it's called aztec indian clay). I mix it with water and apply it to dry, coconut oiled hair.

Works like a charm. I end up with clean, soft, hair. It always seems like my coils are loose afterward but as soon as I add conditioner I get the best definition.

Thanks for the info, how long do you leave the clay in?

I'm definitely making a beeline straight to Whole Foods!:yep: Thanks!

Hi msa.
Do you find it easy to remove the clay from your scalp, i try so hard but after washing mostly always can feel it under my nails if i scratch my scalp. do you co-wash after or just spend a long time scritching your scalp? (i really don't want to re-introduce shampoo) tia

bentonite leaves my hair very soft and clean feeling.

I really like bentonite.

* It cleans the hair but leaves it soft
* Makes my hair more manageable
* Defines my coils very well
* Decreases frizziness (thus taking some bulk out of my hair)
* Reduces single strand knotting

I did two treatments this month for the first time. I will be doing it once a month from now on.

Back