Question about twists - on natural hair

Bublin

How do i prevent my natural twists becoming all kinked and curly overnight? I would like to keep them as straight as possible.

How is everyone else tying up their twists at night?

I don't think you can really. A suggestion is banding your hair at night- using little hairbands all the way down the shaft of your hair and adding a clip at the end to weight it down. It does help a little.

perhaps tying them back with a scarf would help if you don't feel like banding... i don't know cuz my hair and twists don't seem to get along too well. i just throw a scarf on my head when i have box braids... the ol' fold into a triangle and tie at the back of the head method.

then again, i'm lazy... :lol:

sweetwhispers said:
I don't think you can really. A suggestion is banding your hair at night- using little hairbands all the way down the shaft of your hair and adding a clip at the end to weight it down. It does help a little.
But that would considerably thin your twists. Skinny anorexic twists are not pretty.

I'd suggest depending on your hair length, you part your hair in 3 to 6 big sections and gently wrap each section around your head and pin section ends against your scalp. That should keep your hair from flying all over the place and shrinking up too much in your sleep.

How long is your hair? When my hair was shorter (3 or 4 ins.) my twists were all over the place and it was almost impossible to get them to lay down and/or straighten out.
Now at 6 to 7 inches it's a little better, I also dry twist know-a-days and try not to use to much product, this gives me a little more control. :)

Some great suggestions but it seems like curly wurly twists have to be accepted on short hair.

The front of my hair is short - about 4 inches, the rest up to 6 inches...its the ones around my neck that curl up.

I am clipping down the front at the moment but i will trying twisting and clipping down the rest like Jessy55 suggests and then see how that goes.

Thanks everyone.

I just wear a doorag on them - make sure they are all laying the right way, tie the doorag on, and spritz with a lil water/conditioner mix in the morning to pep them back up...

i usually spary my twists at night with alil' water then add alil' oil. using a damp pony tail haolder (made from tights) i band from top to bottom... this does help my hair - ill proble do it again next week take a pic.

hth
x

Back