Question About Black Hair Color.....

tatambabyy

I plan on coloring my hair but not sure if I should do a rinse or a dye. I've been reading previous posts and I discovered that rinses could be damaging? I know a rinse will fade quickly and being that I co wash my hair so often, I wouldn't see the point. I got a semi-permanent color at the salon and not even two washes later, the color started fading. So I refuse to go back to the salon, pay 65 dollars, when a box of color cost about 10 bucks. Any brand suggestions? Oh and should I do a protein treatment before or after the hair dye?
Thanks!

Some people use Bigen hair color in Oriental Black. I haven't tried it but I'm seriously contemplating it. Supposedly there's a high level of PPD(sp?) and some people are allergic so you might want to do a patch test first.

There are several posters who use it as their normal hair coloring with no major issues. A few did report some adverse occurrences though.

I believe the ingredients are different than a lot of the normal hair dyes.

If you do a Bigen search, there are several threads.

Oh and should you do it, keep your moisture levels UP. Posters have said that it's drying, as is most permanent hair color, so keep that in mind.

I'm not sure about the protein. I would assume though that the protein should be done before, to get it strong and prep it for the coloring service. But I'm not sure about that. I'm sure someone who has used it can be more helpful than me as far as that question goes, lol.

Last edited:
Some people use Bigen hair color in Oriental Black. I haven't tried it but I'm seriously contemplating it. Supposedly there's a high level of PPD(sp?) and some people are allergic so you might want to do a patch test first.

There are several posters who use it as their normal hair coloring with no major issues. A few did report some adverse occurrences though.

I believe the ingredients are different than a lot of the normal hair dyes.

If you do a Bigen search, there are several threads.

Oh and should you do it, keep your moisture levels UP. Posters have said that it's drying, as is most permanent hair color, so keep that in mind.

I'm not sure about the protein. I would assume though that the protein should be done before, to get it strong and prep it for the coloring service. But I'm not sure about that. I'm sure someone who has used it can be more helpful than me as far as that question goes, lol.

thanks sooo much esq! I will be looking into the bigen hair color. Have you ever dyed your hair? if so, what brand did you use?

Back