Protein Challenge Anyone??

I'm in.....
I also drink lactaid milk with soy protein because it has more protein (14 g). I usually have it with a high protein cereal. So for breakfast I usually get about 25 to 30 grams of protein from 1 bowl of cereal. I also drink myoplex ready-to-drink shakes (25g). I get tired of mixing drinks sometimes and I can just throw it in my purse when I'm on the go. I usually have chicken during the day but I'm going to add more fish to my diet. I'm going to aim for 100 grams of protein per day and see what happens......

Armygt i'm in! I think I may increase my protein as of today.
smile.gif

Oh Wow ladies this is great
clap.gif
. I'm really glad so many are going to take this challenge. I really think we are going to get some serious growth going on here.

Thanks for the info on the lactaid soy milk. I'll pick up some of that tomorrow.
smile.gif

I've seen some great ideas here so far as what to eat. I've already started my challenge, but we will officially start next week, so everyone can have some prep time.

Ballet Bun, We will still be here waiting for you when you're ready hun
kiss.gif

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
Count me in I just order some protein tablets from puritan's
pride because I am trying to increase protein in my diet.
The bottle said to take 4 tablets three times daily between
meals-12 tablets equal 3.0 grams of protein.
I will see how this works out if not I will go with the
protein shakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Labett
wave.gif
. Did you mean to type 3 grams of protein, cause that seems a lil low for all those pills. Any other ideas on how you''re gonna consume proteins through food?
smile.gif

I'm in. I now have an excuse to buy REAL (brand) protein mix. It is a whey/soy/milk protein mix, 30 grams of protein in each scoop and a half. It's pricey so I did a little comparison shopping. GNC wants $45!!! On the web, it can be as much as $20 cheaper. The flavors are yummy...Chocolate with chocolate pieces, Strawberry with real strawberry and banana fruit pieces, and Vanilla with real mango and pineapple fruit pieces.
lick.gif

Until I order REAL, I'll use my GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey, but it has a really boring taste. I found some cute recipes from one company if anyone is interested.

http://www.apexfitness.com/html/nutrition/recipes/xtreme/

Hopefully, I can maintain about 80-100 grams a day. I'll use the high protein food list to make up the difference.

[ QUOTE ]
cleo2377 said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great Cleo, I'm really excited
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
I'm in! I'm in! I'll start next week. I'm planning on my main sources of protein coming from.....

tuna fish- one whole 6 ouch can is 42 grams of protein!
cottage cheese- 1/2 cup in afternoon and 1/2 cup in evening- 26 grams
1 cup of milk- 8 grams
1 egg- 6 grams

So that's already 82 and I never control what I eat for dinner, but I'm sure it'll involve at least 20 grams of protein....so I'm up to 102. And whenever I get money to throw in the optimum shake that gets me up to 125.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soslychic, I really like the way you've got that all mapped out. I love fish and will definitely be consuming alot of canned tuna and salmon. Any suggestions on how to make the tuna without adding any mayo? LMK, cause the mayo is a lil too fattening to eat that often.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
OnceUponAtime said:
I'm in. I now have an excuse to buy REAL (brand) protein mix. It is a whey/soy/milk protein mix, 30 grams of protein in each scoop and a half. It's pricey so I did a little comparison shopping. GNC wants $45!!! On the web, it can be as much as $20 cheaper. The flavors are yummy...Chocolate with chocolate pieces, Strawberry with real strawberry and banana fruit pieces, and Vanilla with real mango and pineapple fruit pieces.
lick.gif

Until I order REAL, I'll use my GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey, but it has a really boring taste. I found some cute recipes from one company if anyone is interested.

http://www.apexfitness.com/html/nutrition/recipes/xtreme/

Hopefully, I can maintain about 80-100 grams a day. I'll use the high protein food list to make up the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to try this next time. However, the container of whey protein I have is really large...it's 7 lbs! I can't even put it up in my cupboard. My husband use to do some bodybuilding and he got excellent results with it. So, he suggested that I use it, and I promise you I am getting about 1+ inches of growth every couple weeks. I take my braids down every 2 weeks to redo them and this is how I noticed it. I also have a goddaughter who has intestinal problems and all she does is drink soy protein drinks throughout the day, and her hair grew just like a weed this past year. I couldn't even believe it was all hers.

So, I'm confident we're going to be pleased with the results
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
So, he suggested that I use it, and I promise you I am getting about 1+ inches of growth every couple weeks. I take my braids down every 2 weeks to redo them and this is how I noticed it. I also have a goddaughter who has intestinal problems and all she does is drink soy protein drinks throughout the day, and her hair grew just like a weed this past year. I couldn't even believe it was all hers.

So, I'm confident we're going to be pleased with the results

[/ QUOTE ]

Now see, this is exactly what I'm talking about
smile.gif
. I love to hear stories like this and I've been seeing more and more of them lately. That is exactly why I started this challenge. Thanks for posting that Cybra
smile.gif

any suggestions on what kind of protein mix to get? meal replacement shakes, or whey? i tried the Puritan Pride 90% protein mix (mostly because it was on sale), and it tastes like
barf.gif

i can still taste the chalk! so, i'm thinking of dropping in to GNC this weekend, but anyone knows of any low-cost daily protein supplements that taste like what they're supposed to? or any high-protein shakes that are good enough to drink daily without stripping your wallet?

Bobbie, Optimum Whey protein tastes great, is high in protein (22 grams per scoop) and is relativelyinexpensive. It's cheaper at the Vitaminshoppe.

[ QUOTE ]
Bobbie said:
you have the pp shake? and it taste fine??? what do you use to dilute the chalk taste?

[/ QUOTE ]

i use choco soy milk. i am also going to invest into a cup mixer at gnc. this mixer is attched to lid of a cup and blends the ingredients in the cup. then you just take the blender out and drink. there is also choco soy shake that is realllyyyyy good. you can barely taste the soy. that is really thick so it blends better.

Hmmm, okay, I am cool with protein now, but I remember when I first began, I had bowel problems. Now, like you said, I am usually hungry within a few minutes to a couple of hours. Okay 2 months for the challenge, cando! Today I only had about 50 something in a shake form, maybe I should drink another shake before bed. I have been drinking for about 3 weeks now (inconsistently), but I may end earlier than the rest of you guys.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
cleo2377 said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great Cleo, I'm really excited
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks girl, I had three boiled eggs and string cheese for breakfast. I plan on having a 5oz chicken breast and veggies for dinner and cottage cheese with apple sauce and ginger for dessert. I need to restock my protein powder so I can really be on track.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Any suggestions on how to make the tuna without adding any mayo? LMK, cause the mayo is a lil too fattening to eat that often.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if it has that much less fat than Mayo, but I use sandwich spread to make my tuna.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Any suggestions on how to make the tuna without adding any mayo? LMK, cause the mayo is a lil too fattening to eat that often.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You could try the Hellman's light mayo in your tuna. It has half the fat of regular mayo and it taste great. It also only contains 1 gram of carbs per serving.

Armyqty count me in the challenge! I don't think I can get 130 grams per day but I will be increasing my intake by eating more chix breasts, canned tuna, Carnation Instant Breakfast in the can, beans, cheese, peanut butter, bagels, and protein bars. This is so exciting!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

I need to use up the PP soy protein that I got on sale but it tastes so chalky. Maybe I'll get some of that special milk diamondchair mentioned.
pooh123

[ QUOTE ]

Soslychic, I really like the way you've got that all mapped out. I love fish and will definitely be consuming alot of canned tuna and salmon. Any suggestions on how to make the tuna without adding any mayo? LMK, cause the mayo is a lil too fattening to eat that often.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Armqpt. I was working it out as I went along
laugh.gif

I agree with the earlier suggesions about the low fat mayo and call me crazy, but sometimes I eat the tuna right out of the can
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
cleo2377 said:

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You could try the Hellman's light mayo in your tuna. It has half the fat of regular mayo and it taste great. It also only contains 1 gram of carbs per serving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Hellman's Light is good, also Miracle Whip has HALF the calories of regular mayo, and it has adds "zip" to the taste. I like both mayo and Miracle Whip with my tuna (Albacore only for me
smile.gif
), and they both taste great to me. I alternate between the Mayo and Miracle Whip.
smile.gif

ARMYQT
Can you tell me the price of the Optimum Whey protein sold at gnc I need one with a good taste.

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
ARMYQT
Can you tell me the price of the Optimum Whey protein sold at gnc I need one with a good taste.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's around $25 Labett
smile.gif

Back