Protective style wearers

alona

Those who wear protective styles (especially braids/twists/bantu knots) how do you moisturize and what do you use?

TIA

I'm on a personal bun challenge. To moisturize my hair before bunning, I condition with extra virgin olive oil. After my hair has dried, I apply a light mist of Elasta QP H-Two and then lightly apply Elasta QP Mango Butter, paying special attention to the ends.

I wear two flat-twists as my protective style - they look like french twists.

I DC on Saturday/Sunday, moisturize, seal, then twist it up. I get my hair wet and 'moisturize' every day - I like to rub a bit of a leave in on the exposed parts, and mist with my mister (water, conditioner, homemade hair oil). I take it down, and condition it again on Wednesday, moisturize, seal, and twist it back up. Wash, rinse, repeat, for weeks on end.

hi, i wear a bun and it has really made a difference, i use protective, scurl, neutrogena triple moisture leave in and olive oil, my the time i apply all this to my hair and ends every nite its damp but it works

When I do braid-outs, I rebraid every night. Before I braid, I spray a conditioner mix of Humetress, jojoba oil, EVOO. I also put Protective Break Free on my ends, then seal with jojoba oil.

For my buns, I am going to start moisturizing daily now, I wasn't before. But I'm basically going to do the same as above, without braiding.

Last edited:
I cowash daily or every other day. I apply diluted infusium 23 comb through let it dry just a little then apply my creamy leave in/moisturizer ntm, profectiv or garnier(especially the ends) then seal with oil evoo, wgo or africas best and comb through. I put in a bun my twisting my own hair and putting it up or doing a ponytail and tucking the ends in.

I always wear braids or twists and I just slather my Qhemet Biologics Heavy Cream on the twists/braids especially the ends and then I put on my Africas Best Herbal oil as a sealant. Simple and Sweet.

Back