Wearing Bantu Knots as a Style

lushcoils

I :love: bantu knots. I think they look so elegant and regal. I'm surprised there hasn't really been a thread on bantu knots as a style. I did a search and it seems like most people only do them for a bantu knot out or to stretch their hair. Is there something I don't know about them? :lol:
They seem to also make for a good protective style that's different than the usual twists, cornrolls, or buns.

When my hair gets long enough, I would love to wear them as a style on it's own. But I need some visuals.

Has anyone ever worn them as a style? (Not for just a bantu knot out)

Please post pics!

I used to wear them as a staple in high school! No pics sorry. They were really low maintenance and cute! Apparently I was the only one with that opinion because I used to get teased about them constantly :lachen:

Chicoro is wearing bantus (adorned with some sort of dangling pins/barretes?) on the cover of her book. Made her look like a princess!

I love bantus as a style--can't wait till my hair is long enough...

Bantu knots is such a unique style--when I wear em, I look fierce (lol!)
I'm just not bold enough to rock 'em outside of my house!

I would never wear them outside of my house as a style.
If you style it and add something to them it might work...

I used to wear them as a staple in high school! No pics sorry. They were really low maintenance and cute! Apparently I was the only one with that opinion because I used to get teased about them constantly :lachen:

YUUP! I used to love my bantu knots and tried to wear them in elementary school, but those ignorant kids used to tease me and say that they looked like piles of worm poop, so I'd take them out before lunchtime practically :nono:.

I'd definitely rock them now though! or rather, once my hair grows out...

I do. Sorry, no pix. They are a great protective style. I love them when I can make the parts right, something I'm still getting the hang of.

Ive used bantu's to set a style, I did walk out with my hair like this for a day before taking them down the next day...

etbl2e.jpg

2v8mr5x.jpg

The actual bantu knots are not a good luck for me but I can pull off the unraveled knots.

I used to wear bantu knots at school when I was in elementary. I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all. I would wear them now but they don't exactly look right under my headscarf. :laugh:

DO IT!

I cant post the link but if you go to my Fotki and look under the Natural Hair Album and look under 2007 September there s a pic of a style I wore. Sorry I cant post the direct link.

I've been wearing Bantu knots with success for about a month now. I think they're adorable and they've kept me from getting board with my TWA. I will say that I hate sleeping on them. But they're really fun and they hold up well through the week. I actually posted pics of my latest set on my blog yesterday. Here's a couple:

Photo+on+2010-11-11+at+18.25+%25233.jpg

Photo+on+2010-11-11+at+18.26.jpg

I've been wearing Bantu knots with success for about a month now. I think they're adorable and they've kept me from getting board with my TWA. I will say that I hate sleeping on them. But they're really fun and they hold up well through the week.

Very cute!

In jamaica we call the chynie bumps (dont know why) and children wore them alot, we couldnt wear them to my school though

I use to wear them years ago when I first saw them in a hair magazine. Now that I'm older, I wouldn't wear them though.

I'm wearing them right now. I luv them. I luv the way people look at/admire them and they are always a conversation starter. I'll try and post a pic when I get home.

I'm thinking about wearing bantu knots to work so I can leave my hair alone. I get tired of fooling with it. I hope I can get them nice and neat and in the right placement for my head shape. I'm going to try to model after the pictures I posted in post #14.

Back