Progress?

Glamorous_chic

hi ladies!! i've been looking through some pics, and i'm afraid i may be suffering from hair anorexia. i really dont see much progress.
I am currently 5 months post, and this pic was taken before i decided to braid my hair, it was getting frustrating dealing with it. anyways, do you ladies see any progress? the 1st pic was taken back in december , the 2nd pic was after my last relaxer in april, and the last pic was taken this past weekend (hair was just blowdried straight). my hair seems to be the same length, and given that 9 months have passed, i seem to be the same length. :ohwell: btw this is my first time ever posting pics. :blush: my goal is bsl, but it seems to be taking forever. :perplexed

dec '08
2nhhjfa.jpg

april '09 after relaxer
2cylcnn.jpg

september '09 5 months into transition
2nbezyc.jpg

i see progress from april to sept during your transition. Shrinkage due to your transition can also make it seem like your hair isn't getting longer, but stay encouraged!!!

It's definitely grown between the two last pics. It'll be more noticeable when you relax, depending on how much is trimmed off.

The progress I see is that the hair that was on your shoulders is down your back. If you focus on the very longest part of your hair only, the very back in the middle, that can make you feel like you had no progress. The longest part of your hair did not get much longer. The sides of your hair are what has grown the most. That's where the progress can be seen. It's all part of the growing process and is indeed progress. You will continue to gain length in the very back, with the hair that is the longest right now. It takes time. Your growing pattern looks like it drops in length, waits for the rest of the hair, the sides to catch up, then it drops in length again. This is a very common growth pattern on many people, including me. Congratulations on your progress thus far!

Since you started your transition your hair has DEFINITELY shown some progress...

Stay encouraged and remember a watched pot never boils.

It will be here before you know it!

thanks sooo much ladies for your words of encouragement. I think my eyes are playing tricks on me. I was starting to get soo discouraged. thanks again!!

The progress I see is that the hair that was on your shoulders is down your back. If you focus on the very longest part of your hair only, the very back in the middle, that can make you feel like you had no progress. The longest part of your hair did not get much longer. The sides of your hair are what has grown the most. That's where the progress can be seen. It's all part of the growing process and is indeed progress. You will continue to gain length in the very back, with the hair that is the longest right now. It takes time. Your growing pattern looks like it drops in length, waits for the rest of the hair, the sides to catch up, then it drops in length again. This is a very common growth pattern on many people, including me. Congratulations on your progress thus far!

thanks sooo much for explaining this too me, that does make sense. I had no idea about growing patterns. :spinning: well, that does make me feel alot better, hopefully my edges and sides will start growing too, and catch up. thanks again.

It's definitely grown between the two last pics. It'll be more noticeable when you relax, depending on how much is trimmed off.

i'm currently transitioning, but i'm a long term transitioner, so i'll probably just get a blow out. and i'm going to have to get someone to only cut the split ends. i realized thats how i stayed the same length for years and years, "trims" at every relaxer. but, i do understand what you're saying, once it's all completely straight, i'll probably notice the length a bit more.

If you look, as Chicoro pointed out, the "v" shape is gone and it's almost even straight across! Great progress!! You'll see more after you relax!

Back