Profectiv's Breakfree

beana3

Profectiv\'s Breakfree

okay I've been bad lately. I've blown my hair dry for the 2nd week in a row, i haven't done a preshamp hot oil treatment in months and i'm past due for a trim /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
HOWEVER... my hair doesn't look bad at all, but i know better than to continue this neglect or else i'll start seeing some negative effects sometime down the line.

okay now for the Profectiv review...
its okay used as a daily moisturizer (i prefer the mango butter), kinda makes my hair wet and a bit sticky (nothing alarming)
I love it as a blow dry lotion (it was really good on both me and my lil sis' hair /images/graemlins/grin.gif) I swear it gave it extra shine and body. I'm not sure about its heat protectant abilities, but i like to coat my hair with something before i blow dry it. I purchased the 8oz jar and i was wondering what the heck i was going to do with this stuff, but i might even re-purchase it as my sole blow drying lotion!!!!

Used overnight, its nice. I feel a differenec in the morning. My hair looks slightly shinier and feels smoother. I've gotten similiar results with other products left to penetrate overnight, but hey its another use for this product.

I have yet to try it as a braid out aid. I'll post results once i do. 2/3 aint bad /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

CynamonKis

Re: Profectiv\'s Breakfree

Beana, I am glad you posted this because it was on my list of "things to possibly try" and if I weren't "snowed in", I would've run out & purchased it today. Instead I'll stick with my leave-in that I made today it really is helping...

LondonDiva

Beana

This is my fave out of all the 4 Profectiv tubs. I bought the yellow one on Friday and hate it. But I'll save it and use it on my ends or something. The purple one is GREAT for my hair when I use it with the Curl free gold activator. I went out and bought 2 tubs today and I've seen in another store that they do a bigger tub of the purple one alone, about twice the size. I'm stocking up on that one next as it's a sure keeper.

I purchased the profective shampoo (blue stuff) and their temple balm (small yellow tub) today. I'll let you know how it all works out. I'm going to be doing my touch up in an hour or so.

beana3

LD, let me know how the temple balm works for you. I've wanted to try something for my hairline (which is not in trouble, but i would like to see it thicken up). I had my eye on the ORS balm b/c it seems sooo promising, but hey the profectiv may work well also.

Also, I haven't tried any other profectiv products, I requested samples a while back, so i'll just wait til then to try the rest of the line. BTW another way i'll try to use the breakfree is as a sealer with my s-curl spray, maybe i'll get good results with that.

Recently i revisited my ORS carrot oil. I still like it, but in rotation with other products. It gets quite greasy, ya know?

LondonDiva

Beana I used the temple balm on my hair which I touched up last night. I only tried it then to see if it would tingle, considering the scalp would be sensitive. Well it tingled a little so there is something in there which acts as a stimulant. It cost me a few pounds, much cheaper that the ORS temple balm and I liked the consistency and the fact that I didn't have to use a lot. Hopefully it will work just as well or even better that the ORS even if it doesn't I wouldn't have watsed a large amount of money.

beana3

thanks LD, I'm off to try that and the shamp you rec's earlier!

I just have ANOTHER comment to add to my review.... I think its growing on me big time because i used it yesterday before i went to bed and i woke up with some seriously shiny hair!
I'm going to use it tonight in my braid out and post....

LondonDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
beana3 said:
thanks LD, I'm off to try that and the shamp you rec's earlier!

I just have ANOTHER comment to add to my review.... I think its growing on me big time because i used it yesterday before i went to bed and i woke up with some seriously shiny hair!
I'm going to use it tonight in my braid out and post....

[/ QUOTE ]

Beana I hop you like the shampoo and I hope that the temple balm works for you. I use it about twice a day and can't get over how moisturising it is and you only need like a tiny lil bit.

As for that breakfree I'm in product heaven. I just feel so sorry for my ORS carrot oil sitting on the bathroom shelf. Me and the purple tub are having a secret love affair /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I'm never letting this one go. And if Profectiv ever go out of business I'm jumping off the London Bridge. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif