Profectiv Growth Masque?

lennet93

I have some profectiv growth masque in my product junkie stash and I was wondering can I use this as a deep conditioner on dry hair, I know it has protein in it. Ive been using moisturising conditioners on dry hair but my hair needs some protein.

Hey there,

I used to use the Growth Masque (still have some left, actually). It's pretty good stuff if you need protein, although I've never used it (or any conditioner) on dry hair so I can't say how well it'll work. But, when used for deep conditioning after shampooing, I consider it a medium protein (it made my hair very strong) so be sure to follow up with a good moisturizing conditioner to avoid dryness.

If you try it on dry hair, let me know how it goes. So, you apply your conditioners dry and then you shampoo? Do you condition again after shampooing or just end there?

Hey there,

I used to use the Growth Masque (still have some left, actually). It's pretty good stuff if you need protein, although I've never used it (or any conditioner) on dry hair so I can't say how well it'll work. But, when used for deep conditioning after shampooing, I consider it a medium protein (it made my hair very strong) so be sure to follow up with a good moisturizing conditioner to avoid dryness.

If you try it on dry hair, let me know how it goes. So, you apply your conditioners dry and then you shampoo? Do you condition again after shampooing or just end there?

Co-sign the bolded. I've had this in my rotation for a while and like it a lot.

Hey there,

It worked out well, my hair felt much stronger. I used it on dry hair and put a condtioning cap on for about 45 mins, I rinsed it out then I conditioned washed with ntm daily conditioner, I follwed that by an oil rinse with rosemary oil, then ntm mask for about 10-15 minutes. I was pleased with the results!

Okay, very interesting. I may have to give it a try - applying conditioner dry, that is. It could help save me some time. On protein days, I'm in and out of the shower a lot trying to 1st DC with the protein conditioner and then DC with the moisturizing conditioner and then back in again to do the final rinse.

I'm glad it all worked out for you. :drunk:

I like the masque, actually. It makes my hair very soft. I didn't have to follow up with a moisturizer or any extra conditioning. However, those little clay bits are a little annoying when applying the mask. :ohwell: But, a pretty good product overall. I've used it off and on for about three or so years.

Back