Question about Effects of Proteins in Certain Types of Products

PaperClip

I have a question about how proteins work in various types of products: cleansing/conditioning vs. styling products (e.g., gels). I understand that some natural hair does not need protein treatments often or that some heads may be protein sensitive. I thought my hair was protein sensitive when I condition-washed/rinsed with certain products such as Suave Milk and Honey. However, when using some styling products, such as Fantasia IC gels, I don't get the same response, possibly because I'm using water-soluable kinds and there able to rinse them out easily and quickly.

With all of this said, I'm having a decent curl-enhanced hair day after carefully working some Fantasia IC Thick and Shine (brown) gel through my hair. Of the four Fantasia IC gels (clear, pink, blue and brown), the brown gel has three types of proteins (silk, wheat & keratin Proteins). I can probably get 2-3 days out of this style without wetting my hair (since it's getting colder in my town). I just want to make sure that I'm not harming my hair.

FYI: I shampoo and deep condition weekly. Have little to no breakage/shedding (just a couple of curly qs'). I use a leave-in conditioner spray and at night, I use a rosemary tea spritz.

Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise!

I still have a lot to learn about proteins. Sorry I cant help you. But Imma keep an eye on this thread :)

Back