Product/Method before and afters pictures.

C

cieramichele

Hey ladies, this is YOUR time to show off a cool method of yours or to show how well a product did with you hair. Dig deap in those fotkis!

Give us the name of the product and how you used it. Show before and after pictures. This can be ANY product..oils, conditioners, butters, growth aides etc.

For methods, explain what you did and what you used. Show before and after pictures.

Let the ULTIMATE tutorial session begin!

SEMO

Not sure if this thread is still going, but here is a before and after for when I shingled my hair (I used Cantu Shea Butter and a Denman brush). I had to dig in the fotki to get these shots. They're old ones and the "before" shot wasn't taken right before the "after" one, but rather shows how my hair usually looks before.

Before:

After:

Rain20

Great thread idea Auburn.

Semo, your hair looks so moisturized. Did you airdry or did you use a diffuser?

SEMO

Great thread idea Auburn.

Semo, your hair looks so moisturized. Did you airdry or did you use a diffuser?
I air dry my hair (although I think my hair is still wet in both those pics). I rarely, rarely use a diffuser, and I almost never towel dry. Those things seem to always leave my hair frizzy.

melodies815

Not sure why this has not gotten a whole lot of responses, but it is one I would subscribe to in a heartbeat because there's such a wealth of information out there.

Thanks to the genius OP...this would pretty much consolidate all the successes in every challenge out there...twists, braids, relaxers, relaxer stretches, TWAs, EL, NL, SL, BSB, etc....we'd get to see it all in one place.

So far, I don't think I have anything to contribute because I am only 1 year into this process and just BC in February....but I just know someone out there who's "older" than me has something consistent that has worked well for them...

Please? :grin:

I hope people start to share their before and afters....

Blessings,
cj

Last edited:

Auburn

Thank you.
I agree with all of the above.
Im expecting this to be a mega thread full of tutorials and ACTUAL pictures of how products did for their hair.

RMichelleM

Curly Girl Method--Product/Method before and afters pictures.

The Curly Girl Method
~learned @ naturally curly~

The Basics:
NO: drying alcohols, petroleum, mineral oil, -cones or sulfates

My Products:
cowash conditioner: nature's gate jojoba or aloe vera
deep conditioner: aubrey organics--pick one lol
leave in: giovanni direct
moisturizer: carol's daughter healthy hair butter*
OR
sealing oil:castor oil*
"shampoo": dr. bronners liquid castile soap

*i alternate between using the moisturizer and castor oil. the HHB is heavy, sometimes i just don't feel like using it, and the castor oil (used over a leave in conditioner) keeps my hair very well moisturized. the moisture from the HHB lasts a couple days longer than the castor oil, so it just depends on how heavy of a moisturing product i feel like using.

my hair used to be dry, dull, very tightly coiled and difficult to detangle; it also lacked pliability up until recently. now my hair maintains nice sheen (shine on some days depending on how it feels lol), it stays moisturized and detangling is no longer tourture. also, i used to get a ton of knots on the ends of my strands; i still get some now but no where near as much as i used to.

before :the front of my hair would not curl at all, it would only do this half-assed wave thing, my hair was drier and frizzier so i used curl defining products to get closer to the look i wanted and i was also using products with cones to impart some kind of shine. now: i don't use curl defining/holding products and i get good curl definition and i no longer use products with cones and my hair has nice sheen

Last edited:

Auburn

Re: Curly Girl Method--Product/Method before and afters pictures.

The Curly Girl Method

The Basics:

My Products:
cowash conditioner: nature's gate jojoba or aloe vera
deep conditioner: aubrey organics--pick one lol
leave in: giovanni direct
moisturizer: carol's daughter healthy hair butter*
OR
sealing oil:castor oil*
"shampoo": dr. bronners liquid castile soap

my hair used to be dry, dull, very tightly coiled and difficult to detangle; it also lacked pliability up until recently. now my hair maintains nice sheen (shine on some days depending on how it feels lol), it stays moisturized and detangling is no longer tourture. also, i used to get a ton of knots on the ends of my strands; i still get some now but no where near as much as i used to.

before :the front of my hair would not curl at all, it would only do this half-assed wave thing, my hair was drier and frizzier so i used curl defining products to get closer to the look i wanted and i was also using products with cones to impart some kind of shine. now: i don't use curl defining/holding products and i get good curl definition and i no longer use products with cones and my hair has nice sheen

Thank you for your contribution!
How often do you shampoo?
Im trying to get back into prepooing, cowashing, & keeping it simple.
:yep:

Last edited:

RMichelleM

Thank you for your contribution!
How often do you shampoo?
Im trying to get back into prepooing, cowashing, & keeping it simple. :yep:

not very often. i used to use the dr. bronner's once a month but now i just use it when i feel like my hair needs something a little stronger than a cowash...and considering that im mainly using giovanni direct and castor oil, i don't feel the need to "clarify" that often. but if i've been using the HHB more often than the castor oil, i will use the castile soap more frequently.

Auburn

not very often. i used to use the dr. bronner's once a month but now i just use it when i feel like my hair needs something a little stronger than a cowash...and considering that im mainly using giovanni direct and castor oil, i don't feel the need to "clarify" that often. but if i'd been using the HHB more often than the castor oil, i will use the castile soap more frequently.

Coolio. :)

momi

The Curly Girl Method

The Basics:

You have beautiful hair! Thanks for the detailed before/after