Pre poo, DC..what's the difference?

Geminigirl

I mean really? When I put condtioner and oil on my hair before a wash isn't that the same as dry DC?

The reason I ask is because I am about to do my hair and I haven't DC in a few days. So if I put some DC on my hair and then do the warm towel and shower cap thing then is that considered a DC or a pre poo? What if I add oils to the DC? I am probably just being lazy.

It can be the same if you are using your protein dc or moisturizing dc products that you normally use...then you can wash and style accordingly!!

I DC on Dry hair sometimes - apply a deep conditioner for at least 30 minutes. When I do this, I don't call it prepooing. That's DC'ing :)

You can prepoo with oils for e.g., and that's not DC'ing.

I love mixing my DCs with oils :)

Last edited:
I guess it's only prepooing if you do it with the intention of protecting your hair from the harsh detergents in shampoos and then conditioning your hari after that.

I suppose that generally people use cheaper/non penetrating conditioners or oils in order to prepoo, while they use deeper penetrating conditioners for DCing.

see i like to DC with oils. Especially since reading the Cathy howse book. I like to use stimulating oils. I don't use them anymore but I should start back up.

Back