Post your BLUNT hair cuts!

You ladies have some lovely hair, all three of you up there!

Taz007 & Jazzlyric, is it hard for you ladies to maintain a blunt cut, or does your hair grow in naturally even?

this is the unwanted (crooked) blunt cut i got 10/29/09
DSCN0391.jpg

this is how its grown out 05/09/10 (sorry, but the hair isnt straight for a perfect comparison)
may910line.jpg

Taz007 & Jazzlyric, is it hard for you ladies to maintain a blunt cut, or does your hair grow in naturally even?

Its not too hard. My hair grows pretty evenly but I suppose if I left it alone long enough it would go into a u or v shape.

Unfortunately, my hair does not grow out evenly and I am scissor happy. :ohwell:

I have a goal to not cut my hair anymore until October '10. We'll see :perplexed

Unfortunately, my hair does not grow out evenly and I am scissor happy. :ohwell:

I have a goal to not cut my hair anymore until October '10. We'll see :perplexed
how often did you have to get trims to maintain the blunt shape?? and did you ever grow out layers? or did you just start your journey off with a blunt cut? any tips??

sorry for all the questions :spinning:

how often did you have to get trims to maintain the blunt shape?? and did you ever grow out layers? or did you just start your journey off with a blunt cut? any tips??

sorry for all the questions :spinning:
I am/was cutting my hair every 8-12 weeks in order to maintain the bluntness.

I had TONS of layers. I big chopped right after that first pic in my siggy. My also likes to grow out in layers so it is a struggle.

What I am doing now is more protective styles in order to see if my hair is truely growing out in layers or is it breaking off. I should know the answer to this when I touch up my hair this Thursday.

Mine is in my siggy. That cut was done in late August 2009 and you can see that it is starting to grow out a month later. My hair has grown into a SERIOUS V shape now, but my ends are good and I don't plan to cut again until next August/September. I don't think I'll be going for the blunt cut though. I don't want to lose any length.

Last edited:
you're on your way-your hair looks fantastic in your siggy and in those older pics. i love the shine.:yep:

how often did you trim to maintain this blunt look?

Thanks Rocky, my hair has been growing in pretty nicely since I've started back on my journey.
But with that blunt cut I would go almost 3-4 months without trimming my ends because I would baggy my whole head at night, which helped tremendously with the condition of my ends.

I got a blunt cut around the end of April, she cut too much but it was ok, I am transitioning.

DSC00204.jpg

The front is layered but the back is blunt. This was the front before the cut (didn't think to take one of the front after the cut), my shortest layer in the front is at my top lip now instead of below my chin - I don't like it.

DSC000741.jpg

ETA: Sorry the pics is huge, I'm trying to figure out how to resize.

Last edited:
Thanks Rocky, my hair has been growing in pretty nicely since I've started back on my journey.
But with that blunt cut I would go almost 3-4 months without trimming my ends because I would baggy my whole head at night, which helped tremendously with the condition of my ends.
man your siggy is gorgeous.... looks so healthy

I really don't like the blunt cut on me, but you ladies are rockin it!!! Nice cuts!!!!

Back