Post up your Twisted Hairstyles!

These are so pretty. Does anything think that there are some hair textures that don't work well for twists? Or maybe the hair is not dense enough?

Idk .. maybe 2b hair?

Hmmmm. I don't have 2b hair... nothing close to that. But I know my attempts at twists don't look as pretty and thick as these here.

Okay... so technically twists won't look good on relaxed hair? Right?

Perhaps it's my relaxed ends that are causing my problems.

Hmmmm. I don't have 2b hair... nothing close to that. But I know my attempts at twists don't look as pretty and thick as these here.

Relaxed ladies can do two strand twists on their hair but it won't look the same and will need to have the ends tied, unlike curly natural hair, or it will unravel.
This video from Traycee Two Strand Twist On Relaxed Hair might help.

Last edited:
IMG_0737.jpg

Same style is in my siggy

Yea i tried to twist my hair in it was relaxed... .wasn't a good look for me. You would have to roll the ends because the hair doesn't grab like natural hair

These are so pretty. Does anything think that there are some hair textures that don't work well for twists? Or maybe the hair is not dense enough?

The back/nape area of m y head is 3C...so those twists come loose quicker...:wallbash:

I remedied this by making those twists smaller, and I add a lil more product (I use very little to start), and seal.

You can try putting rods on those straight ends...but honestly that is why I went on and BC'd in the first place.

I am literally drooling ova here:grin:. I don't have any pictures to post but I didn't want to be one of the lurkers you referred to! I only flat twist my hair for twist outs. I don't love my 2 strand twists cuz they seem a little anemic looking :ohwell: and they curl up. I am ready to try again especially if I can bun them or wear them up somehow. I like the way they look and was going to pay someone to do them for me but ... if I try the 2 strands again myself tell me
- are you twisting while wet, damp or dry?
- what product are you using on your twists?
- how can I have straight even parts too:sad:?

Thanks - I'm subscribing - if you posted a picture and I didn't thank you its only cuz I can't see them on this computer [box with little red x :wallbash:]

I totally agree. I don't think twists look good on me. My hair is too fine and my twists look sickly. I have to use bands on the ends to keep them from unraveling. I do like my twistouts though. I just never wear my hair out in twists.

I'd die for some thick juicy twists.

my first updo

Attachments

• DSC00714.jpg
    DSC00714.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 128
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
I am using twists to get through the rest of my transition. I'm going to show some of these styles to my stylist to see if she can recreate them.. VERY NICE LADIES!!!

I've switched to french braiding my hair instead of twisting it right now so I don't have anything to post but I wanted to show this thread some love since I want to be proficient at doing both on my hair.

Ok, I am such a dingbat! I could not figure out why my twistouts and braidouts looked so crazy...so not like you alls. But i was twisting in on my scalp like a frenchbraid! I'm going to do the hanging twists when I deep condition this weekend. Hopefully I'll have pictures to post soon.

Back