POLL: Is your hair Layered or Even...How? How many different lengths do you have?

Even Or Layered?

• Even: Grows this way

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Even: Grows in layers, Get it cut this way

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Layers: Grows this way

Votes: 73 32.2%
  • Layers: Grows even, get it cut this way

Votes: 22 9.7%
  • Layers: Damage, splits, trims est.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • 2 diff. lengths in my head

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • 3 diff. lengths in my head

Votes: 68 30.0%
  • 4 or more diff. lengths in my head

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • Too many layers/diff. lengths

Votes: 37 16.3%
  • 0 diff. lengths, all even

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JustKiya

Re: POLL: Is your hair Layered or Even...How? How many different lengths do you hav

My hair is in layers, and it grows that way - all my strands of hair are roughly the same length - so the hair from the crown is the 'shortest' layer, and the hair around my hairline is the 'longest' layer.

I don't plan on making them even...... maybe once I get to goal (whatever that is!) I'll do a blunt cut, but I doubt it.

Whimsy

Re: POLL: Is your hair Layered or Even...How? How many different lengths do you hav

I have about 4 diff layers on my head right now. I like them for the most part but one day hope to have a long waist length all-natural blunt cut. (dare to dream....::sigh::)

Alisha08

Mine grows naturally in layers and I have three in my head. This is one of the things I learned when I was natural a while back, I was shocked. I kinda like them tho, gives my hair shape. Though one day I want even all over, mid-back length hair. :grin:

Lavendar

My hair grows very evenly, but it does help that I blunt trim on schedule every 3 months.:yep:

**Glamourlicious**

I have several different layers. I just got them as a result of my transition. My hair normally grows is about 2 or 3 layers.

lunabelle

I've been getting my hair layered since I was 16. I love it makes it so much easier to style.

GoldenBreeze

If I wait on my growth pattern, then my hair will be even. My hair
grows longer in areas, and then those areas seem to rest while the
rest catches up. So it is ultimately even, but in layers during growth
spurts. If that makes sense.

Junonia

My layers are in the crown and in the front. I don't think anyone notices my layers.

Allandra

My hair is even.

cocosweet

I've got a few layers. They range from apl to bsl in length. I've no plans to even them up.

Mz.MoMo5235

zero layers, all one length. my hair all grows at the same speed so if i cut layers, it will grow in layers, if i have a blunt cut, it will stay blunt. all my layers were cut out about 5months ago and last i checked all my ends are still playing well with each other lol

Bellamystic

My hair usually is the same length all the way around, but some parts may seem longer than the rest, because of placement. When I measure my hair, my strands are always the same length in every angle of my head. I like layers, but I also like my hair to grow even because sometimes layers limit certain hairstyles.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I have likely 3-4 layers. I've done tons of hack jobs on my hair so layers are to be expected.

ms.blue

My hair naturally grows in layers but I'm waiting for my hair to get longer to even it out.

beans4reezy

Layered and it grows that way. The front of my hair is SL and the back is APL. I had my hair cut almost two years ago into an even bob and my hair still grew out in layers. I will never again cut my hair to even it out- this is just how my hair grows. I'll deal with it.

Janet'

I have 4 or more layers, but they are cut like that. I love layers, for now...we'll see how I feel about them the closer that I get to my ultimate goal length.

Bellamystic

Layered and it grows that way. The front of my hair is SL and the back is APL. I had my hair cut almost two years ago into an even bob and my hair still grew out in layers. I will never again cut my hair to even it out- this is just how my hair grows. I'll deal with it.

Sometimes the front of your hair may look shorter, but if you measure it, the hair may be all the same length. It's just placement. In the back, the hair seems to lay lower than the front of the head therefore, creating an illusion that the back is longer. I used to think my hair was longer in the back too, but later found out the inches were all the same. I don't know if this may be the case for you, but it's just a suggestion:perplexed

Vashti

I have three different lengths - really short at front hair line, almost EL at the top and NL at the back and sides. I hope it looks better when it grows out.

babayred_86

My hair grows layered, I love it especially when its curled. I get automatic Farrah Faucett curls

UGQueen

this is hard my hair is even but i have it layered to frame my face, like my bangs etc.

Missigirl

My sister cut it in pony tails 6 inches each in 2007 so I have at least 3 layers. When I self trim I dust the ends as I set my hair. I have noticed that the back grows a lot faster than the front.

BillsBackerz67

I have TONS of layers so it makes my hair seem a lot thinner but folks say it still thick. For now Im going to just grow them out and then once the very back layer reaches a certain length Im going to maintain it there and let the middle and side layers catch up.

SEMO

My hair grows even but I currently have layers cut into my hair. I've realized that I enjoy layers I lot more when my hair is straight. I don't think they necessarily flatter my natural shrinkage as well (at least in my mind).