PLEASE SHARE Professional/Mature looking braided styles!

JudithO

Hello Ladies,

Please can you share cornrow styles that look mature/professional? One of my biggest issues with braided natural hair styles is that I feel it makes me look young/juvenile and I feel people won't take me seriously if I have to attend a meeting or something...

Please can you share pictures of braided/cornrowed styles that grown women can wear in the workplace or just out and about and still feel mature and sexy? I know makeup and jewelry have a huge part to play in the overall look.

Feel free to share your tips on how you manage to look and feel completely fabulous in your natural/transitioning hair as i'm struggling over here.

For reference.. my hair type is 4c.

I'm a natural 4c. Never struggled with it though.

I'm not much for cornrows. THey never looked right on me nor meshed with the ultra white (unfortunately) work I do. Single braids always work though. I found the simpler and less intriciate the style, the less I was talked down to or alienated. Crappy truth but truth nonetheless.

I've worn variations of the one like brandy for ages.
brandy_hairstyle1.jpg

Or this:
images

Not my style, but this is gorgeous:
braided-str-braid-hairstyles-black-girl-with-braids-yoohair-black-hair-braid-styles-600x685.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a natural 4c. Never struggled with it though.

I'm not much for cornrows. THey never looked right on me nor meshed with the ultra white (unfortunately) work I do. Single braids always work though. I found the simpler and less intriciate the style, the less I was talked down to or alienated. Crappy truth but truth nonetheless.

I've worn variations of the one like brandy for ages.
brandy_hairstyle1.jpg

Or this:
images

Not my style, but this is gorgeous:
braided-str-braid-hairstyles-black-girl-with-braids-yoohair-black-hair-braid-styles-600x685.jpg

Thanks - Do you usually wear extensions? Doesn't that affect your retention? How often do you put them in?

I only do extensions since my hair is so fine and low density.

I have worn segnalese twists most recently this past winter and kept this in a nape bun for work. Retained well! I also do crochet braids quite often. Since my HHJ I dont have too many problems with hair loss during deep PS mode. I co-wash, DC and seal the length that contains my own hair religiously. My hair comes out of these styles soft and manageable now.

I also take them down and wash every month. Every 2 weeks for crochets. Leaving in too long can cause me hair loss too.

Last edited:
I've worn all of these styles to work in corporate America.

Havana Twists with finger comber hair but they can be done with Marley hair.
havana-twists-212x300.jpg

Details are on my blog here: http://goingnaturaltransitioningtonaturalhair.com/diy-fail-havana-twists/

Senegalese twists

IMG_6255-e1331510161696-230x300.jpg

Details are on my blog here: http://goingnaturaltransitioningtonaturalhair.com/senegalese-twists-protective-hairstyle/

Kinky Twists - a video is on my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYXcsarYuoo

I wore this Crochet braid style aka Spring Twists or Curly Twists for about 2 months.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZJ2pzKSLHA

This was a combo of cornrows, silky dreads and two strand twists that I wore for about 3 weeks. If I do this style again I will make the bun bigger.
90weeks6days-cornrows-4.jpg

Make up might help but I don't wear it to work.

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).JPG
    photo 1 (1).JPG
    246 KB · Views: 77
  • photo 2 (1).jpg
    photo 2 (1).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 66
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    129 KB · Views: 83
Girrrl... that is cute!!! Where did you get it done? How much? ceecy29

Girl, she's in Silver Spring. She's LHCF recommended; more pictures of her work in this thread. She washed and conditioned then twisted so she charged me $80, other members have openly listed how much it cost them in the thread I linked above.

Back