PJism Pays Off...

mango387

or at least I hope it does.

I have a Long's pharmacy right across from my internship that always has great conditioners at a good price. That is where I found Suave M & H, Pantene R & N Breakage Defense, etc. Today, I decided to drop in and pick up the last bottle of the original Aussie Moist that was on clearance.

As the cashier was ringing up my purchase of two hair clamps and the Aussie Moist, I overheard her asking an employee on the phone if she could come in, because she was short on staff. After she finished on the phone and told me my total, I asked, "Are you hiring." I figured she had to have been a manager

She was like, "Umm. How did you know?" (Sarcastically of course). She then went to give me an application. I told her that I had one already completed that I was going to drop off at another location, but since she was hiring...To make a long story short, I might have my second summer job b/c of my PJism!!! I have to go in tomorrow for further info. Thank you to all of the people who raved about Aussie Moist for possibly getting me a job!!! Even if I don't get the job, I think the whole scenario is pretty funny.

BTW, does anyone know how much the typical drugstore employee discount is on hair products? :look: :lol:

i'm happy for you. Good luck! :)
mango387 said:
or at least I hope it does.

I have a Long's pharmacy right across from my internship that always has great conditioners at a good price. That is where I found Suave M & H, Pantene R & N Breakage Defense, etc. Today, I decided to drop in and pick up the last bottle of the original Aussie Moist that was on clearance.

As the cashier was ringing up my purchase of two hair clamps and the Aussie Moist, I overheard her asking an employee on the phone if she could come in, because she was short on staff. After she finished on the phone and told me my total, I asked, "Are you hiring." I figured she had to have been a manager

She was like, "Umm. How did you know?" (Sarcastically of course). She then went to give me an application. I told her that I had one already completed that I was going to drop off at another location, but since she was hiring...To make a long story short, I might have my second summer job b/c of my PJism!!! I have to go in tomorrow for further info. Thank you to all of the people who raved about Aussie Moist for possibly getting me a job!!! Even if I don't get the job, I think the whole scenario is pretty funny.

BTW, does anyone know how much the typical drugstore employee discount is on hair products? :look: :lol:

^^^Thank you. Either way I hope to get that as my second job or the one at the Aveda salon. I ranted about Aveda customer service at select locations, so hopefully, I will have the chance to "be the change I want to see" and purchase products at a discount :look:

Guess what? Not only did I get the job at Long's, but the manager of a local Aveda Salon called me back too. They want to interview ASAP. I am so excited. For those of you who don't know, I am a true PJ who seeks seasonal employment based on the discounts that she will receive on hair products.:look: :grin:

Last edited:
mango387 said:
Guess what? Not only did I get the job at Long's, but the manager of a local Aveda Salon called me back too. They want to interview ASAP. I am so excited. For those of you who don't know, I am a true PJ who seeks seasonal employment based on the discounts that she will receive on hair products.:look: :grin:

Wow and I thought I was bad. Just be careful your whole check does not go to Aveda.:lol:

I'm a shift manager at CVS and our discount is 20%, 30% on CVS Brands.

believe me, thouse discounts come in HANDY.
Also, employee's know all about the handy dandy coupons that give you an even further discount, works out pretty well.

mango387 said:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Congratulations and good luck to you!

Back