Pics of Braids and Breakage

cece22

The braids I did myself on July 4th using 18 inch human wet and wavy hair. I use MTG, Braid spray, mousse, and Hollywood beauty sulphur to strengthen and maintain braids. Also I braid the hair in big braids then dip in boiling water then apply some mouse to get a deeper wave. I am to seconds away from cutting this breakage off I will be patient and keep using MTG and Lenzi's Request (I have not received it yet) when I get it.

This breakage has just appeared it was not this bad last month well at least not in the front. I have this breakage in the middle, top, and back of my head as well. Its a wonder I still have hair. I am using Affirm 5-in-1 when I take my braids out and washing every week or two with CON.

Attachments

• P1010060.JPG
    P1010060.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 73
  • P1010049.JPG
    P1010049.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 65
  • P1010063.JPG
    P1010063.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 68
  • P1010034.JPG
    P1010034.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 98
  • P1010047.JPG
    P1010047.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 77
wow, im sorry you had so much breakage!!! have you ever had it that bad from extensions before?

Shatani said:
wow, im sorry you had so much breakage!!! have you ever had it that bad from extensions before?

This breakage was not the braids it was I think overproccessing my relaxers. I am keeping my hair braided for some time and using MTG and other potions so I can regrow the sections that broke off, and hopefully grow the rest of my hair longer too. But I am going to have to do some soul searching to see wether or not I want to go natural or not. I plan to keep the perm off for at least 8-10 more months. I think it has already been at least 3-months.

cece22 said:
This breakage was not the braids it was I think overproccessing my relaxers. I am keeping my hair braided for some time and using MTG and other potions so I can regrow the sections that broke off, and hopefully grow the rest of my hair longer too. But I am going to have to do some soul searching to see wether or not I want to go natural or not. I plan to keep the perm off for at least 8-10 more months. I think it has already been at least 3-months.
oh, i see....i thought you were saying the breakage was from the braids...is the MTG working for you??

Shatani said:
oh, i see....i thought you were saying the breakage was from the braids...is the MTG working for you??

MTG is working I will definately be able to tell when I take these out. I am hoping for at least 2" 3" on the broken spots in 2 months. My hair is no longer coming out when I comb it so I suspect that the MTG has stoped the breakage. My hair also feels much stronger.

Sorry about your terrible experience with breakage usually before applying exstensions the hair should be in good condition, if its too weak it results in breakage, the best thing to do is to halt the use of braids/chemical relaxing, treat the hair and alternate between protein/moisturising conditioners and keep the hair moisturised, and protected.

I recommend the following products to choose from

Protein treatments

Nexxus Emergencee,
Nexxus Keraphix
Aphogee treatment
Elasta QP Breakage control serum

conditioners
---------------
moisturising

Lekair cholesterol cream
Nexxus Humctress
Keracare humecto

Light protein types

Motions oil silk protein
Motions CPR
ORS Hair mayonnaise

Moisturisers

Sta so fro
S-curl activator
Profetic Roothealth
Profectiv Breakfree
Elasta QP mango butter
Africa's best Organics carrot oil cream
Natural butters, oils

Good-luck and keep up with the MTG, you'll regain those inches in no time.

Last edited:
NYCQT16 said:
How can you look at those pics and know it's breakage n not just short hair pieces? :confused:

I am sure this is breakage my bangs that used to be there are now half gone. Some parts in the middle is gone too.

den1 said:
Sorry about your terrible experience with breakage usually before applying exstensions the hair should be in good condition, if its too weak it results in breakage, the best thing to do is to halt the use of braids/chemical relaxing, treat the hair and alternate between protein/moisturising conditioners and keep the hair moisturised, and protected.

The braids have not caused my breakage it was overprocessing. The braids and MTG have stopped the breakage and helped me gain a little more length and my hair is stonger. I will continue to braid cause my new growth is a hot mess and this is my protective style. From your list of products I use.

Protein treatments

Nexxus Keraphix
Aphogee treatment (will not be using) too much protein
Affirm 5-in1 recostructor

conditioners
---------------
moisturising

Lekair cholesterol cream
Nexxus Humctress
Herbal Essences

Light protein types

Motions oil silk protein
Motions CPR

Good-luck and keep up with the MTG, you'll regain those inches in no time.

Im sorry to hear about all that breakage....continue with the MTG, so far all i have been hearing is success stories with it

what are u using as a moisturizer and/or conditioner? i have found that when my hair starts to break off its normally a moisture issue. once i started using shea on my hair it made a big difference. also using a very good moisturizing conditioner helps to.

Using MTG, Braid spray, mousse, and Hollywood beauty sulphur sounds like too much to me... I think using that many products is what caused your breakage. I think the braid spray was sufficient enough to maintain your braids. Also, did you wash and condition your hair? You may wanna check out www.growafrohairlong.com for some tips on growing your hair out with braids. ;)

jaded_faerie said:
Im sorry to hear about all that breakage....continue with the MTG, so far all i have been hearing is success stories with it

Awh Thanks I want to give up but I am re-thinking my whole regimen and doing what works for me. Hopefully I will continue to make progress if not I will get a fresh hair cut for the winter and start over.

carmend said:
what are u using as a moisturizer and/or conditioner? i have found that when my hair starts to break off its normally a moisture issue. once i started using shea on my hair it made a big difference. also using a very good moisturizing conditioner helps to.

For a moisturizer I use a conditioner/leave-in such as herbal essence, MNT, or NTM. That's it any thing else makes my hair fall out. If my hair is happy with just this I am too and my pockets. Oh and my hair hates shea I have a whole tub of this stuff. I can only use shea if I am wearing a bun even then its a suspect. I am a grease girl my hair just won't do right without it. I still believe if I didn't stop using grease my breakage would not be this bad.

Poohbear said:
Using MTG, Braid spray, mousse, and Hollywood beauty sulphur sounds like too much to me... I think using that many products is what caused your breakage. I think the braid spray was sufficient enough to maintain your braids. Also, did you wash and condition your hair? You may wanna check out www.growafrohairlong.com for some tips on growing your hair out with braids. ;)

I am not using all of these at once I wash apply MTG to scalp only and grease yes grease every few days with Hollywood Beauty Sulphur very important keeps my scalp pliable and not dry, I only mouse the fake hair and braid spray is a neccessity to strengthen and keep moisturized (I use the Crown and Glory technique except my scalp likes grease so I have to obey it and give it what it wants and MTG is giving me some extra new growth. This worked and completely stopped my breakage. Besides I had this breakage before I braided and am using braids to grow it back. My problem is me thinking that what the book says will work for me and what everybody else is doing is going to work. My hair hates moisturizers and lotions loves grease and hates protein and I would not have this much breakage if I would have ditched that protein and moisturizer long ago but I was trying to go by the book. Also I have been doing a sloppy job with my relaxers I haven't been 100% sure I applied to new growth only.

Back