PIC REQUEST! Bantu Knot Outs

MsLizziA
I think I am going to try a bantu knot out on unstretched hair in a couple of weeks for Thanksgiving so I will post pictures then because I am curious to see how it would turn out. I could never do them on my transitioning hair - they always ended up looking all kinds of crazy - but I'm hoping I can do them now. And if I can do them without having to stretch, that will probably be how I wear my hair ALL the time. It'd be so convenient.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: at that last picture, awesome.
um I hope mine are okay, in the first one I had two big bantu knots and in the second 4
on dry hair that was dampened a bit
toto.jpg

barbie-1-1.jpg

botched bantu knot out. the sides came out unmatching (one side was much more tightly curled) i had four bantu knots on each side, this is my right side here, this was on wet or damp hair
100_3599.jpg

Day before yesterday I tried to do a bantu set on semi wet hair. I really thought I was doing something too. A day and a half later I waited all that time for a disaster of epic proportions. :nono: That thang was sooooooo ugly. I know what I did wrong and I am DETERMINED not to let this bantu thing lick me!

I have my hair drying in bantu knots now, so I will post pics when I take them down tonight. Hopefully they'll be dry by 7 or 8.

have yet to achieve this with natural hair... I'm thinking once I take these twist out, it will be done on slightly damp and maybe banded hair.. iono... I think this style just works best when the hair is straighter or blown out..my relaxed bantu's were bomb.. natural:nono: not so much

DD#2 - This is from about a year ago. I'd just cut half her length to ease her transition w/o a BC, so her length was 1/2 natural and 1/2 relaxed. We used IC Serum on damp hair and made 17-20 knots. She wore her hair in knots and bunned for most of the year and now she is back to APL with only about 3 inches of relaxed hair. We'll cut them off in the spring!

002.jpg

ETA: Her nape was 100% natural, which is why it tapers in the back.

Last edited:
For me I have to do them on dry or only slightly damp hair because they take FOREVER to dry! I also like the way they look when I straighten it first. Which is what I did in the pics below and in my siggy. HTH.

This is so pretty, how many bantu knots did you do to get this look?

Oh my lawd :blush: I totally forgot that I had achieved a semi successful bantu knot out a year ago:lachen:...

kmn1980 I did exactly what you advised and it did come out better than a regular bantu knot out...Uniqzoe you are totally right, I remember that it did come out better on dry hair...

This is exactly what happend

I did the first set on wet hair
23s6x41.jpg
5lzc4n.jpg

It came out a hot mess because my roots just did not dry:nono:
jt2jnr.jpg
2q9ysqt.jpg

So I let my hair dry, and since it was somewhat stretched out, I did bigger knots on my dry hair
w8neqe.jpg

and got this...way better than the first result:yep:
x45bvd.jpg
2v3j09s.jpg

I had issues with the way it was falling, it just wasnt uniform enough (tips on that please?) So I just did an updo with it...
fjl09c.jpg
2gxlcsi.jpg
2it4uae.jpg

:love4: Beeeaaauuutttiifffuulll!!! :love4:

I have a good one in my profile. I also started doing it on straightened hair and it comes out like beach waves. Its also nice because I can go out with bantu knots whereas I cant with rollers.

i love these!!!!
i def like them better when my hair is at least partially stretched. :yep:
all these pretty pics have inspired me to get up and do something other than this tired wet bun for thanksgiving

Wow..you ladies have some beautiful knot outs. I love BKO's but I haven't done them in a little while. I think I'll go do them now. =] My hair is freshly washed but almost dry..just a teenie bit damp in some areas. If I do them on wet hair they take 2247365 hours to dry. :nono: I'll try to come back and post pics of my results. Doing them on unstretched natural hair btw. Me likey this thread. :yep:

Flat ironed hair. The 2nd one is the next day after the curls had begun to fall a bit.

Attachments

• 0323001047a[1].jpg
    0323001047a[1].jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 0323001937a[1].jpg
    0323001937a[1].jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 53
Im having a problem with the parts showing. Do ya'll know how to get rid of that? Well....hmmm...maybe I shouldnt put an actual part in it!!! Just grab and twist?!? Ding ding ding! I may have just answered my own question! :lol:

Back