photos of twists?

caligirl

Do any naturals have pics of their hair in twists? I'm trying to motivate myself to twist my hair this weekend. Does anybody start their twists as braids at the root?

Cayenne0622

Do any naturals have pics of their hair in twists? I'm trying to motivate myself to twist my hair this weekend. Does anybody start their twists as braids at the root?

Mslala has BEAUTIFUL twists!!! You can do a search for her name and then go to her fotki. She and Sareca inspired me to do twists even though I had them done to my relaxed hair. Mine was beautiful but not natural so that's why I'm referring you to MsLala.

caligirl

Mslala has BEAUTIFUL twists!!! You can do a search for her name and then go to her fotki. She and Sareca inspired me to do twists even though I had them done to my relaxed hair. Mine was beautiful but not natural so that's why I'm referring you to MsLala.

Thanks! Off to check out her album.

anherica

I have pictures of twists in my album (in my siggy). I'll admit, I'm not very adventurous, but I do wear my hair in twists most of the time. And I do braid the roots.

Cheleigh

These twists happened to have been done six months ago--I haven't managed the ummph to do anther set, but I love the carefree maintenance for a couple of weeks. Not impressively done, but here they are.

Maybe I'll be inspired to do a set on Sunday.

LynnieB

i can't wait until it grows a little longer and begins to even out more.....natural layers are a mess :ohwell::nono:

p.s. - and yall know where to go to get even more pics of various twist styles :yep:

Last edited:

mscocoface

Here are a few of mine. Sometimes I will cornrow the front.

Some time I cheat and just do the front with flat twists and wear a wig on the back.

Here is where I cornrowed (or is it rolled?) the front and just twisted the back like the top pics.

Hope this inspires.

I think I have some in my siggy also.

Tee

Pretty. How did you wear your hair for your wedding??

Here are a few of mine. Sometimes I will cornrow the front.

do the front with flat twists and wear a wig on the back. (That is a wig?????? I would never know it!)

LynnieB

mscoco, letitia, sareca thanks yall......

mscocoface - I can' wait until my length is like yours........they look marvelous, thick, long and full!

cheleigh - rock it! thick and purdy! got some more pics?

anherica - gonna go check you out! the ones in your avatar are looking good!

caligirl - sure would love to see yours when you're finished.

sareca

These twists happened to have been done six months ago--I haven't managed the ummph to do anther set, but I love the carefree maintenance for a couple of weeks. Not impressively done, but here they are.

Maybe I'll be inspired to do a set on Sunday.

Wow, they're so shiny. :drool:

CarefreeinChicago

my coworker did some twist for me and i am in love i will be wearing my hair like this for the next 6 months the picture is n my protecti ve style album

Last edited:

Ms Lala

Thanks I just saw this!!! I am so flattered. There is a natural on fotki name browneyedgirl with a gorgeous pic of mini twists. Her hair is so long. I wear twists 80% of the time. Most of my pics in my fotki are of twists. I just like them because their easy. I got the steps on how to do them from the book Let's TAlk Hair by Pamela Farrell(sp)