Pantene Products: What has been your experience?

I've just started using the Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Breakage Defense Shampoo and Conditioner and I LOVE it!! I've used the conditioner 2x as a deep conditioner and I've already noticed less hair coming out when I detangle and less stray hairs all over me in general. I also use the Relaxed & Natural Moisturizing Shampoo and Moisturizer which are both great!! So is the conditioner if you need extra moisture.

Last edited:
The only thing I've ever used from Pantene is the Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner & I hated it. For my hair, it was more like the "Daily Moisture Extraction Conditioner."

I tried the shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo was okay, but my hair didn't like the conditioner.

The mask (which I didn't know about until I heard about it here) was wonderful on my hair. Too bad it is discontinued. Y when a product get rave reviews, they take it off the market?? I'll never understand.....

I like Beautiful Lengths conditioner.. next time Pantene is on sale, I want to try the curly hair collections

Because Pantene is such a large brand with so many products that they constantly update and reformulate, I don't think its fair for people to say Pantene will make your hair fall out. I've been using it through the years and had various results, but overall I think it's a good line. The R&N Moisturizing conditioner and mask are staples. I also like the Daily Moisture Renewal shampoo (it was a staple when I was relaxed) and the Brunette Expressions conditioner.

The one thing I will say that Pantene seems to do really bad on a consistent basis is their styling products. I have yet to find one that my hair likes.

Back in the day Pantene products were the bomb on my relaxed hair. But now as a natural they do nothing for me. NONE of them. I still can't knock the line because there are plenty of women who have great success with their products.

cant say me and the R&N line have had a good run. The condish does nothing for me. I did have a good experience with their curl detangler..(has always been a fav since I was relaxed). i've always wanted to try more of their conditioners but not sure what to get.

Washed my hair today with Pantene Relaxed and Natural Shampoo. I can't remember ever using it in the past but my hair loved it. I purchased it specifically because it contains mineral oil and petrolatum and I wanted to experience that in a shampoo. I really liked it. My scalp felt clean and my hair felt conditioned. I kept, double checking to make sure I hadn't used the conditioner by accident. The shampoo is thick. With constant use, I can see why clarifying would be necessary, but no chance of that, because I always rotate my shampoos.

I also used the instant conditioner. This is thinner than it used to be (years ago) and the fantastic scent isn't as fantastic. I used this as my combing conditioner, I used One n' Only Hair Masque as my conditioner/detangler. Still, though thin, it works great as a combing conditioner/leave-in. I will continue to use the shampoo, will buy the condish every now and then. I also found the intense hair masque, I used to love that before it became extinct. One n' Only Hair masque is another product I like. It's on sale at Sally's for $7.99.

I attempted to try Pantene's relaxed and natural shampoo and condish, but with two washes, my stylist told me that it doesn't work well with my hair and that I should trash it.

I just gave it away to a friend that loves Pantene.

I'm not in a rush to try their new product line for Curly hair, but maybe I will try it out in the summer.

I love Pantene!! They're not staple products but I use them from time to time. Right now I have the Curly Series Dry to Moisturize(Shampoo, conditioner, DC and curling creme). They work great, and smell great. Both of the conditioners are the bomb!!! I've never been a big fan of the shampoo but this time I bought the 2 n 1 and it's decent.

Need to make a few corrections. My Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural shampoo does not contain mineral oil or petrolatum. I'd been reading Don't Go Shopping for Hair-Care Products Without Me and Paula Begoun stated this in her reveiw on this line. So, this was news to me, that this product contained these ingredients and I decided that I wanted to try the shampoo to see what it would be like with those ingredients in it.
My son picked up a few bottles for me. However, after I washed my hair and enjoyed the shampoo, I read the bottles and it contains jojoba oil and coconut oil. OH. Well, this explains why my hair liked it so. Stiill, my hair doesn't discriminate and I was very curious about a shampoo with mineral oil and petroatum.

Hey the 2 n 1 sounds interesting. I considered that for co-washing and bought a 2 n1 Hello Hydration combo. I haven't used it yet, but the Pantene combo sounds interesting.
Is it part of the relaxed and natural line?

Hey the 2 n 1 sounds interesting. I considered that for co-washing and bought a 2 n1 Hello Hydration combo. I haven't used it yet, but the Pantene combo sounds interesting.
Is it part of the relaxed and natural line?

I'm not sure if the Relaxed line has a 2 n 1. The one I have is from the Curly line. To me the 2 n1 is more moisturizing than the regular shampoo that I have tried from the Pantene line. For some reason my hair didn't like any of the products from the Relaxed and Natural line.

I absolutely love Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Breakage Defense Conditioner. It's helped me retain length. I also use the Relaxed & Natural Moisturizing Shampoo and it works alright but I'm on the look out for something better. The Relaxed & Natural Conditioner did nothing for my hair. I've been using the Relaxed and Natural Moisturizer but I'm about to switch to Neutrogena Triple Moisture Split End mender.

Bumping. Thinking about buying some more of these when my current stash runs out... my hair really like the Beautiful Lengths conditioner.

I love Pantene DCs. I've found them all to be very similar, very slippy, and very moisturizing. Target usually has a buy 4 and get a $5 gift certificate so I buy in bulk. I like the deep moisture masque and the BB or CC cream. I can't remember which letter, but it comes Ina round white jar.

Back