Pantene Products: What has been your experience?

zamaih

I know there's been a lot of talk about Pantene products and how they make your hair fall out, but how many of you have really had adverse effects from Pantene?

I just did a product review on their Dry to Moisturized line on my blog here:
http://astrofashionista.blogspot.com/2010/08/pantene-dry-to-moisturized-shampoo.html

My hair idol Leobody on youtube only uses Pantene and her hair is the bomb.com. I love their relaxed and natural conditioner.

What has been your experience with Pantene?

I love the Pantene Relaxed and Natural Mask in a jar..It is one my staples for moisturizing conditioners. I love that it leaves my hair feeling soft yet moisturized. I cant seem to find in a my local stores by my BSS has tons of it in stock.

I love the Pantene Relaxed and Natural Mask in a jar..It is one my staples for moisturizing conditioners. I love that it leaves my hair feeling soft yet moisturized. I cant seem to find in a my local stores by my BSS has tons of it in stock.

OMG I LOVE that conditioner in the jar, nothing else I've used has that much slip. They're so hard to come by since it's been discontinued. There's a BSS not too far from me that still has them as well, I actually need to pick some up today!

Right before I began lurking on here I purchased the relaxed and natural shampoo, condish and moisturizer. Once I found out that it breaks off hair I just threw them all in the trash. I was so scared of my hair falling out that I didn't even continue to use them. Thinking back on it I didn't really suffer any adverse effects but I didn't even want to take the chance.

Right before I began lurking on here I purchased the relaxed and natural shampoo, condish and moisturizer. Once I found out that it breaks off hair I just threw them all in the trash. I was so scared of my hair falling out that I didn't even continue to use them. Thinking back on it I didn't really suffer any adverse effects but I didn't even want to take the chance.

Same with me, I purchased before I really knew about ingredients, etc. I was scared to use them but when I saw that some women who were using Pantene with no problem I decided to give it a chance.

The shampoo ingredients aren't great but I havnen't had any problems so far and I don't use it all the time. The conditioner I do use often though.

I love and use the Deep conditioning Mask i cant find it anywhere out here i have 1 jar left i dont know what i am going to do.

Me. The first time I tried Relaxed and Natural my hair was a coated mess. I looked at the ingredients and I couldn't believe my eyes. PETROLATUM as big as day. I couldn't believe it. Petrolatum? On relaxed hair? In a shampoo?

I used to use the regular Pantene years ago, and my hair was very healthy. I stopped using it cuz I hated that the poo left my hair so unmanageable. This was pre-LHCF, of course.

I have tried the Beautiful Lengths poo and con, and I really like them. I also like the Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality conditioner (I haven't tried the poo). I may try the curly hair series once I BC.

I have been toying with the idea of making Pantene my staple, but I'm not ready to make that commitment just yet.

I actually like the new line for curly hair.It makes my hair very easy to comb through.I hated the relaxed and natural line,though.My hair felt coated after I used it.

I miss Pantene Winter Rescue. I was only able to find it overseas, and even at that, it had been 5 years since I saw it last there . Do they sell it here in the States? I loved the hot oil packet. It made my hair feel like buttery silk :lick:

I used Pantene when I was younger and it didn't make my hair fall out. But... one of my former coworkers had her hair fall out from continuous use of it. She explained to me the product built up on the follicle and weighed it down so much the tension pulled it out. This was pre-LHCF of course though. So maybe clarifying the hair every once in a while will prevent build up. But hopefully they have changed the formula to be better though.

I love the relaxed / natural line... I use the poo and conditioner (lots of slip, especially after clarifying -- I use VO5 Kiwi Lime for that) ... I condition with it then use it as a leave in when i wear the wet curly look.

I've used Pantene for 10 yrs. The volume, smooth, and classic lines. They work well for me. I love how my hair smells, moves and feels with it. Oh and shines. I keep it in rotation when I'm not using ORS and Kenra. However, every time I've used the relaxed and natural line it left my hair looking and feeling a hot mess.

Last edited:
I bought their clarifying shampoo also because the cones cause build up. The build up is what I think got a lot of folks. Because many people didn't even know what it meant to clarify lol.

Last edited:
I used Pantene off and on for about 15 years. It made my hair soft and the "swing" was nice. I might go back to it once I exhaust my Skala stash. :yep:

I used to use the R&N line pre-LHCF...circa 2008:grin:....i didn't have any adverse effects that i can think of....but i will say this...

Since being on my HHJ and learning about ingredients and stuff....i can't get down with the in store products (read: easy to find at Walmart or Target) too much anymore....unless its shampoo to clarify my hair or my Lustrasilk deep conditioner or a cheap co-wash conditioner.....everything else my hair laughs at it. It does NOTHING for my hair:nono:.....they all leave my hair dry. Now more natural lines like Aubrey Organics and Bee Mine and She Scent It.....i love em!:yep:

I like the patene pro v natural and relaxed deep conditioning, and the oil sheen, but as far as the line, if they got rid of the SULFATES, but hair would love it, I want to try beautiful lengths line, but it has sulfates, and with their new line, they still have sulfates. So I don't use patene pro v.

I wish I had some of the great results a lot of you experienced. Relaxed and Natural left my hair coated and nasty. I did clarify but i dont believe a product should make you clarify often. Im guessing the cones and petroleum did not agree with my strands.

I dont care to try anymore of their products unless they remove sulfates, petroleum and or mineral oil, and some but not all of the cones.

I would think that since they are owned by P&G they could afford to switch ingredients. But I dont think main stream america is as concerned about ingredients as us.

The Relaxed and Natural conditioner was okay with my hair. I have better conditioners, though.

I added oil to mine. It's still sold in some of the beauty supply stores in South Los Angeles.

Last edited:
I used the Relaxed and Natural Shampoo and Conditioner - I have yet to notice any adverse effects on my hair...

I loved Pantene. I do not like the newer versions though. When Pantene first debuted it was amazing. It really strengthened my hair. This was far before they even made the relaxed and natural line. It used to smell incredible--like a high end perfume. Now it smells like cheesy garbage. I've been a pantene user since I was 12.... I'm 24 now. I've seen 4 formula changes since then. The last two formula changes have been horrible/horrendous. What they are trying to do it us esters and derivatives of whole vitamin b and fill the conditioner with various silicones to coat the hair.

I've had the great fortune of coming by some of the first formulations of Relaxed and Natural Shampoo and Conditioner--albeit the shampoo is for dandruff hair. It still lathers and rinses very well--it's not stripping. It's high in oils. The oils (jojoba and coconut) are in the first 7 ingredients on the list. You will not see that in the new formulations of pantene. They are producing a product that is super inexpensive, and selling it to consumers who believe it's the same or better value because it's a new formula.

They won't get me!!

I'll return with the ingredients list of my relaxed and natural products and compare it to the current formulation.... You'll all be able to see the difference.

I really loved the relaxed & natural line, including the shampoo. It was so nice I didn't even have to condition. But even though I was using the one for dandruff, my scalp was still flaky. That was before I came to the conclusion that my scalp really doesn't like sulfates.

If it weren't for the sulfate issue, I'd still be using the R&N despite that horrid copper color. Still use the mask though, it's lovely.

I have very fine hair and I LOVE Pantene. I love everything they make, it's the only brand I'm loyal to.

I like Moisture renew to co-wash & Med/Thick hair solutions (Treatment Intensive Restoration Treatment MASK to Dc) The mask moisturizes very well for me....

Happy Hair Growing!

Back