Paging The Experts: Gentle color lifting.....

metalkitty

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew of the gentlest bleach to get my hair, just two chunks, a dark bronze color so I can follow up with Adore in Magenta and Purple Rage mixed. I was planning on dying the rest of my hair jet black with Textures and Tones in Silken Black...Basically all I want is a somewhat slight lift to just get the color to show on my very dark brown hair. I was thinking of Clairol Luminize but wanted your ladies input first. My hair is relaxed and colored with affirm right now.TIA!

Tracy

Try a 20 or 30 volume developer and be careful. That process your planning sounds a little complicated.

metalkitty

So do I need an actual bleach and developer to lift my color? I just want a few shades lighter so the purple will show. Any product recs? Sorry for my restlessness...

metalkitty

Hmmm... new thought, I had my hair dyed permanent with Affirm in Dark Wine Brown but it came out a medium bronze color wich I hated, I used Adore in Black velvet to fix that. I was thinking I could use EVOO pre treatment to get enough of the rinse out to get a dark brown or bronze color? Or should I get a semi permanent color remover? Input would be most appreciated, lovely ladies.

metalkitty

Yeah I think so maybe too, no bleach I guess. But do you know if there are any good semi color removing techniques or products besides Olive oil pre treatments and clarifying? After this I'm done, I always space out dying over a period of time. So basically I'll be lightening and dying just two chunks of hair and dying the rest black, does that sound too harsh? The Affirm I used didn't damage my hair at all surprisingly.

imrosie

well first because you already have tint on your hair the only way to bring those chunks lighter is with bleach because tint doesn't lift tint but i wouldn't reccomend that you bleach your hair because it is relxed and your hair might just melt off in the sink.so like blaxarose i say that it is to much.

imrosie

there is no such thing as gentle color stripping. especially since your hair is relaxed.im on my moms screename im aameera83 but anyway im in cosmetology school and we just learned all this. so i would say strip the color over bleaching out the color because you have a better chance 50/50 as opposed to i know your hair will melt off if you mix bleach and the relaxer

Tracy

I a gree with Imrosie....

You can LIGHTEN semiperm color with Clairol Uncolor for Semi perm hair - but I've never gotten it to remove the color all the way. It did remove some nasty undertones tho.

The difference in the 20 0r 30 volume developer is the number of levels they will lift the hair. ANd that's WITH whatever you might have on top of it (semi/demi permie color). So you can go up 2 levels with 20 and 3 with 30.

Neither of these are easy to use though...

You could just do the highlights with permie color - a really light blond. But I'd leave the rest of your hair alone. Spot coloring is very tricky....

Highlights are ok - because you can use a cap or foil - and you COULD get it done - but it could also result in a nasty mistake you can't fix.

kim

I used Clairol Metalex( I think that is the correct spelling) to lift semi-permanent black from my hair. You have to mix it with 20 volume developer. HTH