Organic Products=Healthier Hair

lonei

I was wondering if anyone here uses strictly organic products and if so, do they feel that it has contributed to healthier/longer hair than non-organic products. I noticed that Sherrylove uses mostly organic products and she has one of the longest heads of hair on the board. What are your thought on this issue?

Bump! Excellent question
smile.gif
I'd love to go all organic one day...the only thing that is stopping me is the cost. Most organic products are so expensive...

I dunno, but I do think that fresher products do tend to work better. That is why stores like trade secret and salons recommend that you buy your products from them rather than getting the same product at the grocery store.

I have ventured into the world of organic products and am noticing increasing moisture and overall strength. My hair is also softer feeling, fuller and bouncier. I think there is definitely something to the organic products.

I have started using many organic products, definitely I think that they are better. I think that the purpose of many inorganic products is simply to mimic the organic products in effect... You see a lot of inorganic products trying to advertise that they have one organic ingredient kind of like ORS Olive Oil creme... so why get just a little 5% of one great ingredient when you can get 100% of it by buying organic

Do you ladies have any organic product lines that you could recommend? As in they do shampoos and conditioners, treatments, leave ins, hot oil treatments and styling products? Please post any web addresses also as I live in england where there is a lack of normal products let alone organic ones. I am really interested in going organic

I have only used 2 organic products so far. Aubrey Organics GPB, and Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Butter Shampoo. The GPB is a protein conditioner...and works wonders for hair. Every time I use it...it leaves my hair with a nice shine...and it helps to slow shedding. If you decide to use an organic shampoo...it would be best to clarify afterwards because most use soap in them...and it can leave your hair feeling kinda dry. I'm going to try their new Aloe Essence line after my self PJ challenge is over.
smile.gif

If you're looking for a good organic protein conditioner... I would recommend the GPB From Aubrey Organics to you.
up.gif

You can find their products cheap at http://www.vitaminshoppe.com (not sure if they ship internationally or not though.)

Their official website...
http://www.aubrey-organics.com

Lonei, if you're looking for a good organic product I highly recommend Aveda products - I bought and used it for the first time last week and I can see why so many people rave about it. They have an array of vegetable-based products that you can choose from. I can honestly say I was blown away by the results - this is by far the BEST hair care line I've used - I'm in love!!
clap.gif
Aveda Website

I can also recommend a slightly less expensive organic hair line by Giovanni, but I'm not sure if it's available to you in the UK. This is also a very nice line - they've got great products that I use for deep conditioning and their leave-in is nice as well. Giovanni Website

I hope this helps!

Nature's Gate Herbal hair conditioner is truly divine. I love the smell and the conditioner is nice too, lol. It can be found in most health food stores and online at vitacost.com. It is fairly cheap, about $5.00 for an 18 oz. bottle. It works wonderfully for me. Detangles, moisturizes and gives a nice softness to the hair. Ingredients are: purified water, extracts of chamomile, nettle, ho-lien hua, nelumbo nucifera, comfrey root, cherry bark, schleichera trijuga, kusambi bark, burdock, and yucca, vegetable emulsifying wax, coconut oil, methlyparaben, myrrh oil and lavender oil.

If I had to recommend one organic conditioner to try that is all inclusive (price, smell, performance), this would be it.

if you go to my useful links page on my website, you will find a list of uk websites that sells natural hair and skin care products. You can also purchase jason's naturals at stores in London. I bought mine from Queen's cosmetics in Green st.

I love, love, love organic products & I have to say that I don't think they alone equate to healthier hair. I think the more natural the product maybe the better in the long run. But like anything else some products are just better than others & that's based on the companies formulation, be it organic or otherwise. I buy 85-90% organic products for consumption, which is where I think it matters most. If I can find hair products in organic forms it's my first choice as well. However, the poos, conditioners, etc. aren't always made w/our hair in mind & I haven't found that stand-out line. I've found stand-out products like AO GPB, but most of my most favorite products aren't organic and even Nature's Gate Herbal line, which I love isn't organic (it is natural, but not organic). I don't think your hair would be damaged by such products, but I don't think they alone make healthier hair.

lonei said:
I was wondering if anyone here uses strictly organic products and if so, do they feel that it has contributed to healthier/longer hair than non-organic products. I noticed that Sherrylove uses mostly organic products and she has one of the longest heads of hair on the board. What are your thought on this issue?

I just started using Avalon's Organic Rosemary Shampoo over a week ago but its too soon to tell if it is helping my hair. I love the fact that it is ph balanced and it has no SLS. A little goes a long way. I bought it because of those reasons but also because rosemary is a stimulant and I figure that it could just help in stimulating more hair growth. I will keep you posted.

I don't think this is necessarily true because some heads like SLS and other non-organic chemicals while some don't.

I've been using J/A/S/O/N's Sea Kelp and Biotin lines with GREAT success. I also use Giovanni Direct, and I love it. I've seen an improvement in my hair since I've moved away from cheapie/commercial products.

But again, every head is different.

I've had success with mainly organic or semi natural styling products like Qhemet and ORS, organic shampoos are good for my hair too. THe only products I'm indifferent about are conditioners.

NaturalRox said:
Lonei, if you're looking for a good organic product I highly recommend Aveda products - I bought and used it for the first time last week and I can see why so many people rave about it. They have an array of vegetable-based products that you can choose from. I can honestly say I was blown away by the results - this is by far the BEST hair care line I've used - I'm in love!!
clap.gif
Aveda Website

I can also recommend a slightly less expensive organic hair line by Giovanni, but I'm not sure if it's available to you in the UK. This is also a very nice line - they've got great products that I use for deep conditioning and their leave-in is nice as well. Giovanni Website

I hope this helps!
Yup..they're a really great brand..I love their leave in..great ingredients

My hair loves and thrives off of natural and organic products....IMO it just takes a little more patience to find shampoos that work well for AA hair.

I use products from Carol's Daughter, Qhemets, Burts Bees, Giovanni, and Aubreys...plus a lot of oils....not all organic but at least natural.

Mostly I buy my products from Whole Foods...I believe the English counterpart is Wild Oats...so they should carry a lot of the latter three lines. Great return policy that is very conducive to trial and error.

I dont know if my hair is healthier, I was always able to find awesome commercial products, but I think I am healthier. I feel much better and havent been having as many problems with my cycle since switching to mostly natural products.

Besides some of my Aveda products and my Phyto Relaxer, I buy only organic products as well. I spent many-o-hours in a chemistry lab during college so i know that the crap that they put in some (not all) of AA hair products isnt good for your skin or hair. My hair is in the best shape and health its ever been in its life.

im tyring to go the all natural root too... over the past 13 months iv been using organic products (made by me) and store brought as well. i feel my hair likes these kind much better- the only thing is that you need to get used to using natural products as they take alil' longger to see the results.

JASON products are real gud! iv tried the rosewater condistione and its gr8. i got it from a local health shop where i live so maybe they sell it near you too in london.

hth
x

some organic products work for me, but some don't. but i will definately say that natural oils have worked wonders for my hair
-jojoba
-coconut
-alma
-aloe vera
-avocado

For those of you using organic products. Do you achieve the same swing, bounce and shine with the organic products?

For my PM'er Here is my list:

Jane Carter Solution - Hair Nourish
Aubrey Organics - All of their conditioners
Giovanni Direct - Direct Leave-in; Vitapro Fusion Leave-in
Phyto - Phyto Polleine scalp treatment; Index II
Alba - Gardenia Conditioner; Emollient Lotion
Burts Bees - Rosemary Shampoo Bar
From Nature With Love - Avacodo Butter; Mochachino Butter; Almond Butter; Emu Oil; Hazelnut Oil; Meadow foam oil
Shea Butter
Now Brand - jojoba Oil

divinefavor said:
For those of you using organic products. Do you achieve the same swing, bounce and shine with the organic products?
Divine Favor - i get the same results however i found that some conditioners contain heavier oils than others and if i dont rinse them my hair isnt as light and no 'swing'

Last edited:
atlien11 said:
For my PM'er Here is my list:

Jane Carter Solution - Hair Nourish
Aubrey Organics - All of their conditioners
Giovanni Direct - Direct Leave-in; Vitapro Fusion Leave-in
Phyto - Phyto Polleine scalp treatment; Index II
Alba - Gardenia Conditioner; Emollient Lotion
Burts Bees - Rosemary Shampoo Bar
From Nature With Love - Avacodo Butter; Mochachino Butter; Almond Butter; Emu Oil; Hazelnut Oil; Meadow foam oil
Shea Butter
Now Brand - jojoba Oil

Divine Favor - i get the same results however i found that some conditioners contain heavier oils than others and if i dont rinse them my hair isnt as light and no 'swing'

Thanks babe

I have some organic products and some non-organic- my hair does best with the organic products but i still have quite a few non-organic ones to use up before i totally stop using them.

I have some Lush shampoo and Conditioner Bars. Dr. Woods Castile soap, Trader Joe's Castile Soap, Hemp Shampoo and Neem Shampoo from www.wellnaturally.com , Tons of oils ( current faves are virgin red plam, virgin palm kernel oil and castor oil), liquid aloe vera, glycerin, shea butter and african black soap.

I use organic products and my hair has responded really well. Aubrey Organics and Giovanni are my favorites. I've been wanting to try some shampoo bars but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Back