Once you stretch you'll never go back

Re: Once you stretch you\'ll never go back

No, I've never used coconut oil. Is it any good? I need a good oil, I didn't like the carrot oil (to thick) and right now I'm using Doo Gro Stimulating growth oil, it smells really nice.

Im 5 weeks right now and wanna go 11 more weeks! Wish me luck!
wink.gif

Coconut oil is excellent and is a must have for stretching. I don't know what it is in the properties that really straighten the hair but it definitely works. The pics in my daughter's album, her hair was flat ironed with HHIAB (Carolyn Gray). Coconut oil is the main ingredient in this oil mixture. And the thing I like about it is you can spray it directly onto the newgrowth. I'm gonna try and make this oil myself tho, cause it's a lil too expensive for me. Besides that, you can buy your own coocnut oil, melt it down and mix with castor oil and another carrier. Put it into a spray bottle and use it on your new growth.

Yes Stretching out i really a MUST. I can manage my NG thanks to weaves and braids. But once I reach my goal -in 3 more months- should I relax the whole hair ? Because it seems to be really virgin now that I have waited half a year without perm. Please advice. And also is it more realistic to go to a stylist to have the perm done in this case because it is a lot of growth
lick.gif
confused.gif

no black, I say do the new growth and at the very very end add a lil perm to the ends but not more than 2-3 mins then rinse out.

Before the boards, I used to relax every 4 weeks on the NOSE.

The longest I've gone since finding the boards is 19 weeks.

I just tried my own version of a blow out, and I was shocked that I got my hair straight (last relaxer was around the end of March)!

After my relaxer in June, I want to try to go 5 or 6 months.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Roselyn said:
But you know what, last time when I stretched my touch up to nine weeks, my hairdresser told me that my hair would turn into dreads if I didn't get a touchup sooner. I think that was just an effort to get me to come in sooner and spend more money! I haven't seen her since! heehee...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your ex-hairdresser should be
spank.gif

I am now on week 11 and aiming to touch up at 17wks. It has done wonders for my hair as when I get a touch up I notice that I am gaining length even with a trim. Other people including my hairdresser have also noticed the difference. I do get some shedding around week 10 but once my hairdresser has given me a treatment it seems ok. Conditioner washes, buns, cornrows have helped a great deal. I will get cornrow extensions around week 13 as I too cannot get my hands out of my new growth!!!

I'm hitting my groove right about now. Transitioning is soooo much fun. I love that I have big hair. I can't wait to have a poof. But I'm transitioning without the BC so I won't see that for a while. I can hardly wait to walk into this office with my big afro. I can just imagine the looks I'll get.

Back