On pre-poo, clarify, neutralizer

LaBelleLL

Forgive me for my ignorance, but here it goes:

So i'm pretty heavy handed with my products and it's about time that I clarify. Since i'm new to all of this and nervous about using baking soda/powder, i've decided to clarify with Qhemet's Egyptian Wheatgress Cleansing Tea (so far, so good, right? lol). My question is - can I still pre-poo beforehand? I know that I want to cleanse my hair, so by pre-pooing first, am I making the clarifying process more difficult, etc.?

A few months ago, when I first joined LHCF, I somehow ended up buying Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo. I just learned last week that this is a neutralizing shampoo. I don't have a relaxer or anything, but is it still OK to use if I ever decide to shampoo? I'll probably stick with Qhemet but your answers will help me determine what i'll do with it....

thanks in advance!!

That shampoo stripped my hair raw- just a heads up. I'll let other, more knowlegebal answer though. I'm still workin it out myself.

That shampoo stripped my hair raw- just a heads up. I'll let other, more knowlegebal answer though. I'm still workin it out myself.

Oh no! Is that bad? :perplexed I'm thinking that the hair would be ready for a good DC afterwards......a fresh new start.....

I wouldn't pre-poo my hair before clarifying, except maybe the ends of my hair to keep them from getting totally dried out. I agree that it would kind of keep the clarifying poo from doing what it is supposed to do. On clarifying days, i just make sure to give my hair a little more DC time to put that moisture back.

Back