Ok ladies i need your ADVICE please

camilla

Ok ladies i need your ADVICE please!!!

Hi ladies New and my OG,s lolz (lurkers i see you too:look::lachen:)

I an a self proclaimed hair addict I am texlaxed toying with going natural
but this wont be the first time :grin: ANYWHO I started a YT channel since being layed off and now a Stay at home mom My channel can benefit all because I have a protective style series I also will be styling a friend who is natural I have videos on how to self install how to apply lace wigs etc I am a member of several forums but lhcf is and always will be my roots
I need
1.What would you like to see on a channel that is hair based???
and
2.What is your pet peeve about YTbers?

please check out my channel im still getting my feet wet
and I am a hair junkie so 70 percent of my giveaways will be hair products
I had two giveaways already and i am stockpiling for more now here are a few sample videos i am working on making them a little shorter
please subscribe as well:grin: thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljbcV84voLIhttps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo12lQwV918

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGJWgAOnVBs

Last edited:

Shadiyah

ok my one pet peeve is I can not stand when you all do not speak up. Talk like you talking to your girlfriend. put the loudness on it. I want to be able to hear and it could be a good video but it is not going to mean nothing if you can not hear anything. Look into the box not the camera we are not over there lol. or should I say straight ahead is where we are lol. I don't watch any installs because I don't wear weaves but I still subscribed.

camilla

Shadiyah thank you :yep: i think the whispering is due to the LATE night videos lol thank you for subscribing i will keep everything you said in mind and and use it to make my channel better
i will also be doing ALOT of protective styles buns etc, homemade conditioner treatments and product reviews. do you wear wigs? if not what is your choice of protective style?

Shadiyah

Shadiyah thank you :yep: i think the whispering is due to the LATE night videos lol thank you for subscribing i will keep everything you said in mind and and use it to make my channel better
i will also be doing ALOT of protective styles buns etc, homemade conditioner treatments and product reviews. do you wear wigs? if not what is your choice of protective style?

camilla I don't do wigs and I don't wear my hair out when I go out of the house because I am Muslim. I do wash n go's all the time and on my lazy days i just leave it in a bun or 4 twist. and that is when I am really not feeling well. I get to enjoy my hair a lot because I never leave the house lol unless I have a dr appt or decide to go out to the store myself lol. I am working growing out to WL but only BSL right now.

SelfStyled

camilla, I am so sorry to hear that you are laid off!!!! That stinks. I am in exactly the same position. Laid off since the beginning of the year. Its so weird to be home, but I manage to keep myself busy.

As far as YT: Lighting and volume need to be good.

As far as my likes: Wigs are my 1st love and protective style of choice, but I also like to watch "how to's" for other protective styles as well.

About to go check out your channel. Best of luck with the YT thing, maybe it can turn into an income stream for you:yep:

darlingdiva

My YouTube pet peeve: YouTubers who prep for a style (twisting, straightening, etc.) but don't show the final results.

My YouTube pet peeve: Labeling a video as as "review" but not reviewing the product(s).

I will subscribe to your channel later.

daviine

Good luck with your channel!

I'm not a fan of long videos but I wanted to say that I love when whoissugar lists what point in the video to skip to to get the info you're looking for. I really appreciate that.

greenandchic

1.What would you like to see on a channel that is hair based???
I want to see demos on care and styling. I get frustrated when YTers get on, record a video about how they did this, that and they other, but you can't even see their hair let alone get a quick demo. I like Naptural85 and Sistawithrealhair because they both SHOW you what's going on.

2.What is your pet peeve about YTbers?
1. Bad lightening
2. Poor volume
3. Background noise - kids, dogs, people, etc.
4. Background music with bad language (Don't want to hear rap music with b**hes and h*es, etc)
5. Making major mistakes or errors but bother to edit it out - don't want to hear you laugh about it. I don't think its funny.
6. Talking endlessly about unrelated subjects.
7. Long intros - I don't mind a short theme to help build your brand, but I can't stand people taking 5 minutes to get to a product review.

camilla

thank you ladies i am shopping around now for inexpensive set lighting and a new camera
greenandchic yes i will do step by step because i am a visual person that is how i learned to weave style etc I like Naptural85 and Sistawithrealhair as well

daviine i love who is sugar any i will work on the jump to part of the video especially since i often do hair and makeup videos combined

SelfStyled it feels really awkward to go from working two jobs to none but its a blessing i get to spend more time with my family and go back to school

darlingdiva i know what you mean about the fake reviews i am passionate about my conditioners so i will give the good the bad and the ugly

Thank you ladies i contacted several companies for giveaways re hair products i am talking to many that we really support on the forum

I will be away for a week or two redecorating my filming area

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Good Luck with your YT channel! I'll check it out when I'm done lurking. I don't like YouTubers who ramble and make what should have been a 5-10 min video a 15-20 video, because they're rambling.

I normally enjoy Mahogany Curls and Naptural85, because they're clear & concise, good editing, lighting and production. If it's a ten min video it's because it should be not because they're rambling, pausing, not prepared etc.