NON-Growth Eqyss Product support thread

Which NON-GROWTH products are you using or wanting to try from Eqyss?

• Micro-Tek Shampoo

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Premier Shampoo

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Survivor Detanger

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • Micro-Tek Spray

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Premier Cream Rinse Conditioner

Votes: 42 44.2%
  • Avocado Mist Spray

Votes: 61 64.2%
  • Micro-Tek Gel

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Premier Rehydrant Spray

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • Marigold Spray

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
SURGE AND AVOCADO MIST INGREDIENT COMPARISONS (ingredients or similar ingredients in both products highlighted in bold)

SURGE
Water, Cetrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Muccopolysaccharides, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Polyquantemium-7, Biotin, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Aloe Barbadnesis Gel, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA.

Avocado Mist
Deionized water, DL panthenol hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, tetrasodium EDTA, cetrimonium bromide, Allantoin, hydrolyzed wheat protein,sodium PCA. Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, DMDM hydantoin, extracts of avocado and aloe vera, fragrance.

Looks like a good Surge comparison to me.

So if they are the Same well u know what i mean...Alot of people where getting alot of growth from surge alone like an Inch a month with the Surge....I think this is a Winner Along with The Other Products Said Earlier
:look:

SURGE AND AVOCADO MIST INGREDIENT COMPARISONS (ingredients or similar ingredients in both products highlighted in bold)

SURGE
Water, Cetrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Muccopolysaccharides, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Polyquantemium-7, Biotin, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Aloe Barbadnesis Gel, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA.

Avocado Mist
Deionized water, DL panthenol hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, tetrasodium EDTA, cetrimonium bromide, Allantoin, hydrolyzed wheat protein,sodium PCA. Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, DMDM hydantoin, extracts of avocado and aloe vera, fragrance.

Looks like a good Surge comparison to me.

i knew reading the ingredients it reminded me of something:yep:

I would add more aloe juice and some biotin to the Avocado mist. I know those two ingredients are important.

Check out the ingredients in these:

Aphogee Pro Vitamin Leave-In Conditioner

Water, Polyquaternium-11, Amodimethicone, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium collagen Amino Acids, Cocoyl Sarcosine, wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Sorbitol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, tocopherol, Sulfur, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Citrci Acid, Polysorbate-80, Nonoxynol-10, Aminomethyl Propanol, Dimethicone, Copoylol, Acetamide MEA, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Methylparaben.

Fantasia IC Hair Strengthener

Water, Polyquaternium-11, vitamins B-1, B-5, niacin, biotin, ethoxydiglycol, magnesium sulfate, propylene glycol, chitosan, hydrolyzed silk, cocodimonium, hydrolyzed keratin, aloe vera gel, dimethicone, copolyol, pathenol, quaternium-15, polysorbate-20, fragrance

Some are comparing these to Surge and using them as substitutes.

Water, Polyquaternium-11, Amodimethicone, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium collagen Amino Acids, Cocoyl Sarcosine, wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Sorbitol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, tocopherol, Sulfur, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Citrci Acid, Polysorbate-80, Nonoxynol-10, Aminomethyl Propanol, Dimethicone, Copoylol, Acetamide MEA, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Methylparaben.

Water, Polyquaternium-11, vitamins B-1, B-5, niacin, biotin, ethoxydiglycol, magnesium sulfate, propylene glycol, chitosan, hydrolyzed silk, cocodimonium, hydrolyzed keratin, aloe vera gel, dimethicone, copolyol, pathenol, quaternium-15, polysorbate-20, fragrance

Is this a leave in treatment? Sounds really good...

I found a local tac shop that has the 32 oz. avocado mist for $16.95!!! They said they can order any of the other products as well. Beats ordering via mail...

Unless your hair can take it stay away from the Aphogee myself and a friend used it again after a few years of not using it and it leave a horrible sticky residue on the hair, to where you need to clarity. It's horrid.

I use Elasta QP H-Two as an all over hair spray/mist
Profectiv Leave in is good as it's slippery.

Surge worked for me, but that Aphogee :nono:

I just use it as a protein conditioner. It has keratin protein, but also olive oil and coconut oils, so it never made my hair hard. It also has horsetail and panthenol, which are two of my favorite hair friendly ingredients. It would be the perfect product if it also contained aloe vera, but I just add AV to it. (I am PMing you the rest of my post as it got rather long -- so I just cut it and will paste it into a PM -- and was a bit off topic since I went into detail about my homemade aloe vera scalp concoction that I use to speed growth.)

Ooooooh would you mind posting it. Pretty please.

I actually ordered the Avocado and Rehydrant Mist, along with the Creme Rinse.... :lachen: Somebody help me!

Annnnyyyhhhoooow.

They shipped them out yesterday, but I doubt I'll get them in time to try out during this weekend's hairisode.....

And I was for real checking out the Marigold Spray too - I HATE wearing Off!

Soooooo! My stuff showed up today!

Okay.

Consistency:
Cream Rinse: Really thin and light - cheapie con consistency
Rehydrant Mist: Clear Liquid
Avocado Mist: Clear Liquid

Smell:
Cream Rinse: Smells like an unscented conditioner - really faint smell that reminds me of something else - almost like deodorant? Overall mild scent.
Rehydrant Mist: Smells like angry fruit. :lol: It sounds insane - but - ah! Smells like sour jolly ranchers. Sweet, but with a tart edge.
Avocado Mist: Oh my gods, this stuff smells good enough to DRINK. Very sweet and fruity, but not strong.

Hair Feel:
(I layered all three - in this order - on one section of my hair)
Cream Rinse: Made my hair softer - pratically melted out the few tangles I had left, the Denman went through like butta. I don't have any fully tangled hair - I think that would have been an interesting experiment. Made my ends feel a little - bumpy/rough/unsmooth.
Rehydrant Mist: Layered on top, softness ramped up another level. Ends went to silk.
Avocado Mist: My hair really couldn't have gotten any softer - but now the hair feels lightly coated - coated isn't even the right word - it feels like it's been treated, somehow. It feels - moist, but it's mostly dry. I'm waiting for it to dry all the way, and then I'll fondle it again, and see if it still feels this way.

I've been sitting here brushing though this one section of hair for a couple of minutes now - I'm a natural, and my hair normally does NOT stay detangled for much longer than it takes me to slap in a fast twist. Right now, I'm being bold, and letting the products air dry on a LOOSE section of detangled hair.
It's staying soft, and fluffly, and loose - and most importantly, detangled.

And SOFT! I'm not sure it's a good thing for my hair to be this soft. I haven't looked in the mirror yet, so I can't say anything about shine. It also feels like it's given my hair more body. My fingers feel a little coated too - almost how your hands feel after a really good paraffin treatment - not coated, but insanely smooth.

I'm going out today to get two small spray bottles for the Avocado and Rehydrant mist, too.

I'm freaking out a little, because I have no clue how to incorporate these into my routine - and I MUST, because I'm loving the crazy soft hair.

Okay.

Consistency:

Smell:
Cream Rinse: Smells like an unscented conditioner - really faint smell that reminds me of something else - almost like deodorant? Overall mild scent.
Rehydrant Mist: Smells like angry fruit. :lol: It sounds insane - but - ah! Smells like sour jolly ranchers. Sweet, but with a tart edge.
Avocado Mist: Oh my gods, this stuff smells good enough to DRINK. Very sweet and fruity, but not strong.

Hair Feel: (I layered all three - in this order - on one section of my hair)
Cream Rinse: Made my hair softer - pratically melted out the few tangles I had left, the Denman went through like butta. I don't have any fully tangled hair - I think that would have been an interesting experiment. Made my ends feel a little - bumpy/rough/unsmooth.
Rehydrant Mist: Layered on top, softness ramped up another level. Ends went to silk.
Avocado Mist: My hair really couldn't have gotten any softer - but now the hair feels lightly coated - coated isn't even the right word - it feels like it's been treated, somehow. It feels - moist, but it's mostly dry. I'm waiting for it to dry all the way, and then I'll fondle it again, and see if it still feels this way.

I've been sitting here brushing though this one section of hair for a couple of minutes now - I'm a natural, and my hair normally does NOT stay detangled for much longer than it takes me to slap in a fast twist. Right now, I'm being bold, and letting the products air dry on a LOOSE section of detangled hair.

And SOFT! I'm not sure it's a good thing for my hair to be this soft. I haven't looked in the mirror yet, so I can't say anything about shine. It also feels like it's given my hair more body. My fingers feel a little coated too - almost how your hands feel after a really good paraffin treatment - not coated, but insanely smooth.

I'm going out today to get two small spray bottles for the Avocado and Rehydrant mist, too.

I'm freaking out a little, because I have no clue how to incorporate these into my routine - and I MUST, because I'm loving the crazy soft hair.

Angry fruit...now that there is funny. :lachen: At least it's not spoiled fruit, angry fruit is still alive at least. :grin: What a nice detailed analysis.

Now I'm wondering if I should just become an Eqyss girl, just dedicated to the line.:scratchch Oh gosh, I don't want to open up my wallet again.:wallbash: Did you order directly from Eqyss or did you find a cheaper vendor?

Okay.

Consistency:

Smell:

Hair Feel: (I layered all three - in this order - on one section of my hair)

Thank you for that wonderful description!!

I am going to dillute the Avocado Mist with a little rose water just a little.

I think the Rehydrant and the Avocado Mists are dups...you could use one or the other (That's an uneducated guess)

I got the Survivor and it feels just like a silicon serum but no silicon, it's amazing. I haven't done the whole wash thing yet. I have to finish cleaning and then workout first. My MT came today too!! :woot:

I think you won't have a problem with over softness when you use the MT with the products because it has so much protein in it...did you use the MT with the products today?

I know I can't use it until I get off my duff and finish my house work and my workout... I can't rip myself away from the computer...help me!!! :drowning:

Girl, I'm sinking too, otherwise I would throw you one of those floating donuts. :grin: I have so much to do to around here. I think I'm just going to have to back away from the computer.

Angry fruit...now that there is funny. :lachen: At least it's not spoiled fruit, angry fruit is still alive at least. :grin: What a nice detailed analysis.

Now I'm wondering if I should just become an Eqyss girl, just dedicated to the line.:scratchch Oh gosh, I don't want to open up my wallet again.:wallbash: Did you order directly from Eqyss or did you find a cheaper vendor?

I ordered directly from Eqyss. :look: I'm impatient - and they are SO fast, since I JUST ordered this stuff on Wednesday afternoon and it was on my doorstep at 10am this morning! Mind, I do live in FedEx's hub city, so I tend to get FedEx stuff a little faster than normal, but STILL.

I might seriously become an Eqyss/homemade girl. Those HUGE bottles of spray will last me - seriously close to forever. When I rinsed my hands that slightly 'coated' feeling jsut dropped off (which is a relief, as that means I don't have to worry about buildup) but my hands are still super soft. I had DH touch my hair (he was talkin bout me & my hair alchemy ;) ) and he basically went :thud: over the softness. INSANELY soft. I might have a HIH relapse, srsly.

Thank you for that wonderful description!!

I am going to dillute the Avocado Mist with a little rose water just a little.

I think the Rehydrant and the Avocado Mists are dups...you could use one or the other (That's an uneducated guess)

I got the Survivor and it feels just like a silicon serum but no silicon, it's amazing. I haven't done the whole wash thing yet. I have to finish cleaning and then workout first. My MT came today too!! :woot:

I think you won't have a problem with over softness when you use the MT with the products because it has so much protein in it...did you use the MT with the products today?

Funny! I went looking for the ingredients (cuz I didn't fee like typing them in by hand) and found a place that describes the 'official' scents.

Avocado Mist Conditioner
Refreshing pear scent.

Ingredients: Deionized Water, DL Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, Tetrasodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Bromide, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Allantoin, Soidum PCA, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Extracts of Avocado and Aloe Vera, Fragrance.

Premier Rehydrant Spray
Has a Mango scent.

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, Citric Acid, Allantoin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Extracts of Aloe Vera & Lavender, Fragrance

I bolded all the ingredients they have in common - and you're right, they are practically dupes of each other. It makes sense now, that the Rehydrant spray made my ends go to silk - that's the citric acid. :yep:
I think I'll mix them together, AND add a little rose water (I love that idea!!! :yep:) in a smaller mister bottle. Oh yeah, that's SERIOUSLY going to last me forever. Oooh, I might use that at night, and my other mister during the day. Yes! That will work wonderfully - esp. after I workout and rinse my hair in the shower! :love3:

I didn't use the MT before I experimented with that one section, no. I just went and did my hair though (just two flat twists), and megassaged before hand - and *touches hair again* it's still soft, but it's not worrisome soft, you're right....

:woot:

This stuff rocks. This whole line rocks. :lachen: and it wasn't even designed for us! :lachen:

I ordered directly from Eqyss. :look: I'm impatient - and they are SO fast, since I JUST ordered this stuff on Wednesday afternoon and it was on my doorstep at 10am this morning! Mind, I do live in FedEx's hub city, so I tend to get FedEx stuff a little faster than normal, but STILL.

I might seriously become an Eqyss/homemade girl. Those HUGE bottles of spray will last me - seriously close to forever. When I rinsed my hands that slightly 'coated' feeling jsut dropped off (which is a relief, as that means I don't have to worry about buildup) but my hands are still super soft. I had DH touch my hair (he was talkin bout me & my hair alchemy ;) ) and he basically went :thud: over the softness. INSANELY soft. I might have a HIH relapse, srsly.

Funny! I went looking for the ingredients (cuz I didn't fee like typing them in by hand) and found a place that describes the 'official' scents.

I bolded all the ingredients they have in common - and you're right, they are practically dupes of each other. It makes sense now, that the Rehydrant spray made my ends go to silk - that's the citric acid. :yep:
I think I'll mix them together, AND add a little rose water (I love that idea!!! :yep:) in a smaller mister bottle. Oh yeah, that's SERIOUSLY going to last me forever. Oooh, I might use that at night, and my other mister during the day. Yes! That will work wonderfully - esp. after I workout and rinse my hair in the shower! :love3:

I didn't use the MT before I experimented with that one section, no. I just went and did my hair though (just two flat twists), and megassaged before hand - and *touches hair again* it's still soft, but it's not worrisome soft, you're right....

:woot:

This stuff rocks. This whole line rocks. :lachen: and it wasn't even designed for us! :lachen:

Now see, this is not helping me to refrain from click 'n buy. Oh and that HIH, I'm doing that now, so what's going to happen to me later? :blush: I may have to seriously braid and hide my hair from myself. :grin:

Yes, they do ship fast, got my order in 2 days.

I have this one and I mix it with my infusium 23 leave-in treatment and spray it on my braids everyday along with my African Royale braid spray. It works well this way but I didn't like it on my own hair - made it a little dry. I'm glad I found a way to use it now though.

Avacado Mist experience.

Has anyone an experience with it lathering when they sprayed it on their hair?

I have the AM mixed in with my Duo Tex, Aphogee keratin and green tea, aloe vera and New Era reconstructor, which I use for my protein treatments and it does lather up, but I thought it was the Duo Tex making it lather. However, both products are super-concentrated, so that could be why they lather.

I have the AM mixed in with my Duo Tex, Aphogee keratin and green tea, aloe vera and New Era reconstructor, which I use for my protein treatments and it does lather up, but I thought it was the Duo Tex making it lather. However, both products are super-concentrated, so that could be why they lather.
Thank you ADW - I was trying to use it as a leave in....perhaps I was wrong in my assumption...

I use my rehydrant as a leave-in. It says super-concentrated on the bottle. I poured half in another bottle and diluted it with filtered water. It has almost the same ingredients as the AM, except it contains lavender instead of avocado. It works very well as a leave-in DILUTED and it smells great.

I use my rehydrant as a leave-in. It says super-concentrated on the bottle. I poured half in another bottle and diluted it with filtered water. It has almost the same ingredients as the AM, except it contains lavender instead of avocado. It works very well as a leave-in DILUTED and it smells great.

As it's super concentrated, if you weren't to dilute it how would it make your hair feel? Heavy and coated???

Back