No shampoo challenge anyone?

Candy_C

I've been rinsing with water and co-washing for the last 3 weeks, and so far, so good...until i clarified...i really didn't need to after all and my hair went a tad dry..

so i'm wondering if anyone wants to try a month of co-washing and/or water rinsing?!

this is what i'm doing, just to give you an idea:

shampoo the beginning of every month with a clarifing poo or good shampoo..

3 times a week - water wash ONLY then add a leave in/ or oil moisturizer...the next wash add conditioner to damp hair {for 30 mins} and rinse and the last wash of the week, water rinse again...

i'm using a cholesterol conditioner and keracare oil moisturizer every time after either the water wash or the co wash..

ithink theres many benefits to be had, esp as its hot..and even in the fall (Autumn) or in the winter time as te air get naturally drier and bitter...

:D

so1913

I'm actually doing this kinda of, but CW almost daily, leaving some in. I purchased DevaCurl "No-Poo" to replace traditional shampoo which I will use once in a while. So far doing it for the past two weeks. I can already see the positive effect on my hair.

Last edited:

Candy_C

so1913 said:
I'm actually doing this kinda of, but CW almost daily, leaving some in. I purchased DevaCurl "No-Poo" to replace traditional shampoo which I will use once in a while. So far doing it for the past two weeks. I can already see the positive effect on my hair.

i agree it doesn't take long 2 see benefits at all....

what differences are you seeing?

so1913

Candy_C said:
i agree it doesn't take long 2 see benefits at all....

what differences are you seeing?

Less frizz, more definition in the looser textured parts of my hair, it's even more soft (not overly soft though) and has added sheen without the use of products that add shine factor, it detangles easily, I've been able to finger comb and not pick up a comb all week, reduce stlying product amounts. That's all I have so far, lol :)

naturaline

glad its working for you... iv said in a couple of my psots that iv started daily-co washing. i believed that this would make my hair dryer so i only tried it out cus it was soo hot- it you know what its really worked out for the best. my hairs much softer and less hairs are lost when i detangle.

& its kinda wierd like my hairs gettin use to this new routine now because i washed it yesturday morning but was in a rush today so didnt do it- but now i can feel my hair calling out to be wet again... chu, its so spolit it betta jus grow! lol

Candy_C

so1913 - thanks! every benefit you see, i see!

naturline - lol about "it betta just grow" i was doubtful at first as it only worked in Jamaica but its doin good over in dry england too, i've just posted at the LHC about using cholesterol and its use is not mentioned at all..

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length
I'd love to start the CW my hair more but I'm terrified of the effect of the hard water if I start washing more, are you UK ladies using distilled water?

naturaline

not to be tooo slow- but what do u mean youve posted at the LHC?? ohh have you done a search for cholesterol uses?

p.s. your hairs growin' nuff.