NL to APL in 6 months!

luckiestdestiny

It's definitely possfible. I had breakage last year in the nape, and it went from that length to apl in around four months, which I did not think was a big deal until you just pointed this out. Believe me I had about 1/2 an inch in those areas, and still don't know how I did it. I had breakage from a protein pack (hard protein my hair does not like) and that was the main area affected. I didn't have a relaxer or anything. That was the culprit. Anyways, I was eating right, exercising and using my nettle tea rinse at the time. I did combine that with keeping that area braided up when it got long enough and moist. I'm still cutting to catch up my hair but it is still growing like the dickens. I didn't produce pics because I never thought this would come up until I read this thread. Sorry.

However:

It seems to go along w/ what they are saying in their comments section with the whole s curl thing. I sprayed braid spray back there like there was NO tomorrow. I wonder if there's something to s curl and braid spray like products....

Me: exercise, eat organic, eat TONS of fish (like one meal a day has seafood at least), veggies, and some chicken. CHLORELLA and nettle tea rinse. That's all I got for ya. IDK how much or fast my hair grows because I'm natural and I just eyeball it, but it grows SUPER fast now, and used to grow really slow. Who knows maybe I had a growth spurt back then, but it still grows pretty fast now.

Last edited:

Auburn

It's definitely possible. I had breakage last year in the nape, and it went from that length to apl in around four months, which I did not think was a big deal until you just pointed this out. Believe me I had about 1/2 an inch in those areas, and still don't know how I did it. I had breakage from a protein pack (hard protein my hair does not like) and that was the main area affected. I didn't have a relaxer or anything. That was the culprit. Anyways, I was eating right, exercising and using my nettle tea rinse at the time. I did combine that with keeping that area braided up and moist. I'm still cutting to catch up my hair but it is still growing like the dickens. I didn't produce pics because I never thought this would come up until I read this thread. Sorry.

However:

It seems to go along w/ what they are saying in their comments section with the whole s curl thing. I sprayed braid spray back there like there was NO tomorrow. I wonder if there's something to s curl and braid spray like products....

Me: exercise, eat organic, eat TONS of fish (like one meal a day has seafood at least), veggies, and some chicken. CHLORELLA and nettle tea rinse. That's all I got for ya. IDK how much or fast my hair grows because I'm natural and I just eyeball it, but it grows SUPER fast now, and used to grow really slow.

Thank you for your response. I want to go on a diet similar to yours. Her progress just sh**ed on mine :sad:. Oh well. Once thing about growing slow is enjoying hairstyles at various lengths.

luckiestdestiny

I think some people have faster hair growth, but I KNOW diet plays a part, because my growth exploded when I changed my diet.

BostonMaria

I had to watch the videos twice. Yeah it definitely is alot of hair growth for just a 6 month period!!

Auburn

I would like to change my diet but I know I will miss the cheeseburgers...ribs..etc. Dang Im getting hungry. I cant eat after 8 though :(

CarolinaGal

I would like to change my diet but I know I will miss the cheeseburgers...ribs..etc. Dang Im getting hungry. I cant eat after 8 though :(

Trust me lady, you won't miss that nonsense. Now, just the smell of animal flesh makes my stomach hurt. If you start to eliminate that stuff, your body, especially your arteries, will thank you. :lachen:

Auburn

Trust me lady, you won't miss that nonsense. Now, just the smell of animal flesh makes my stomach hurt. If you start to eliminate that stuff, your body, especially your arteries, will thank you. :lachen:

I cant see myself not eating it. I didnt know you didnt eat meat! I learned something new :yep:

luckiestdestiny

I'm glad videos like this pop up because it shows it IS possible to grow at least an inch a month if you retain everything with proper diet, exercise, and of course a good reggie. I know she didn't add the other part (eating right, etc), but I am because that's how I get growth. I know everyone's varies. But I suspect we can grow more than we expect normally. I get tired of seeing these "it's impossible" threads. I want to see what's possible so I can be inspired. Did anyone else read about how she seals. She sprays s curl and seals it with oil. I thought that was interesting.

Auburn

I'm glad videos like this pop up because it shows it IS possible to grow at least an inch a month if you retain everything with proper diet, exercise, and of course a good reggie. I know she didn't add the other part (eating right, etc), but I am because that's how I get growth. I know everyone's varies. But I suspect we can grow more than we expect normally. I get tired of seeing these "it's impossible" threads. I want to see what's possible so I can be inspired. Did anyone else read about how she seals. She sprays s curl and seals it with oil. I thought that was interesting.

I know Im inspired by her growth.
I want to do even more of what I should be doing to accomplish my goal.

aero21

the only things i am doing CONSISTENTLY are cowashing and wet bunning everyday.
i wish i could take vitamins and drink water but for some reason i cannot stick with it.

sorry... i also wash 1x a week dc with aphogee 2 min and then a moisturing dc right now i am using silken child and i love it. and of course i moisturize and seal everyday.

Last edited:

aero21

thank you auburn and a young! i am always suprized when someone complements me on my hair growth. when i first joined the hair boards in october i doubted i could make it and to be honest i still wonder if i will make it to my ultimate goal of MBL. guess i just have to take it one goal at a time

exoticmommie

Exercise is also excellent for hair growth progress. In the past that is what helped me, I just didn't have the knowledge to retain it.

luckiestdestiny

thank you auburn and a young! i am always suprized when someone complements me on my hair growth. when i first joined the hair boards in october i doubted i could make it and to be honest i still wonder if i will make it to my ultimate goal of MBL. guess i just have to take it one goal at a time

Excellent progress

keysha1983

My hair has only grown 2 inches in the last 3 1/2 months!!! But My hair is alot healthier and thicker. Maybe if bump up my biotin dosage and continue to roller set I will see results. I am crossing my fingers!!! From NL to APL?