Newbie with Update Pics!

sheSmiles

Hi all! Loooong time lurker here who finally decided to actually post! After a hiatus from the site and a short hair cut one year ago, I challenged myself to put much more effort into taking care of my hair than I had been. When I went to compare the pics after a year, I just couldn't believe it. I HAD to post at this point..lol I used advice from you ladies on NUMEROUS occasions, so I just want to say Thank You! I have posted a few pics from January 5, 2008 and then some from January 6, 2009 if anyone wants to see. Thanks!

Ok so all my pics did not go through...working on it!

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

sheSmiles

Ok hopefully this will work..this is a shame!

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 94

Anancy

Gorgeous hair, and you've had great progress in a year. I love th thickness as well, keep it up girl.

sheSmiles

What's your regimen?

Alright here goes..

I have fine hair, so low manipulation is key for me.

I deep condition once a week with whatever I have at the time. (Neutragena/lustrasilk DC/etc.). I do the whole plastic cap and hood dryer for 15 minutes thing.

I also shampoo once a week on the same day as the DC, in which every other week is a clarifying shampoo. I use keracare detangling shampoo when washing and the suave apple shampoo when clarifying.

I use Keracare Humecto for my conditioner (I get both Keracare producs from TJmaxx for $6 and $10), as well as Paul Mitchell The Detangler. My fine hair really needs something to keep it from getting tangled, so again I hit up TJmaxx for detangler as well. (I also use other stuff, sort of a PJ)

I do a hard protein treatment about once a month. I know others leave more time in between but I only leave it on for 15 min and deep condition with Neutragena even after the second step DC they give you. I just buy the little 2 step Aphogee pack once a month.

Other than once a week DC/wash, I sometimes use the Olive moisturizer in the green bottle, usually every couple of days, but I can not use alot.

I put 3 hair roller in my hair at night, one at the top and two in the back. I wear a silk scarf over it. Either that or a braid out or something. Wrapping I do once in a while.

Thats it! If I missed something let me know :)

Last edited:

FluffyRed

Welcome, your hair looks great!

Mine was bobbed up when I started, too. I hope my hair is like yours after I complete a year!!!