NEWBIE.. Progress pics(not LHCF status yet..lol)

mzsophisticated26

I am a newbie and I would like to share my somewhat progress pics. I was a lurker for a few months before joining. I have learned alot from the ladies within this time. I started to grow out my hair June 2008 but I really did not learn about total hair care until about August 2008. I have been protective styling with lacewigs, sew ins, half wigs and phony ponys. My hair is extremely fine/thin especially on the edges so my main focus is to thicken up my strands and edges.

Also, is my length still considered NL? what can I claim

regi: wash CON(green&white bottle) and DC weekly with ORS or Suave Humectant seal with B&B castor oil moisturizer. I have tried MTG with success at one point for my edges but I slacked off a bit. I stretch relaxers 10-14wks

STARTING PIC JUNE 2008
287lnjn.jpg

SEPT 2008
152hnvq.jpg

JAN 2009
hu515t.jpg

APRIL 2009( 14WKS POST)
6z8mxl.jpg

AUGUST 2009(10WKS POST)
jqp64y.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, you turned your hair aroundd.. Very nice.. I'm no expert on this but I would say you are SL or maybe an inch from Full SL, no??

Girl, OMG @ your progress!! You went from the hood to the 'burbs :) Thanks for sharing your reggie and you are definitely SL!

Thanks so much ladies for your compliments and welcoming to the board, I am always on here adoring the hair progress I see. It feels good to know I have made progression. I have been searching so I think I want to try JBCO to try and thicken up the front of my hair, my edges to crown still are very thin but the back has improved.
Yaaay I can claim SL now! APL here I come

Your progress is amazing and sure you are LHCF status. You are SL. Not full SL yet but you will before November 2009.

Definitely LHCF status! Great work, your hair did a complete 180!

*Makes me wonder how many other lurkers are out there with drastic progress/turn arounds whose albums we'll never get to see* *kicks rocks*

Thanks again ladies, Yes It has done a complete 180 this is the longest my hair has been in 10yrs. I got my hair flat iron and it has so much bounce I never had that before. I will be back in protective styles in 2wks. I read how SL is the hardest to past with the constant rubbing against clothes.

Very nice progress! A clear example of how healthy hair practices pay off :up:. You look SL now (imo), you're NL in your April picture and you definitely aren't that length any more.

Your hard work has paid off, your hair looks amazing and very healthy. I'd say you were at SL and that you are definately lhcf status. want to see more pics soon

Back