Newbie...Questions!!!!

htown2DAboot

Hello ladies! I've been a lurker for about a month and a half now! I have tons of questions, but I'll only start with a few...First...I have 4a/b relaxed hair (or so I think...Take a look at my fotki and tell me what you think, please!) and I've made the decision to go natural...My last relaxer was June 13...Before that, it was @ the beginning of January! (I've had braids from January to June)..Could that have changed the texture of my hair? I'm asking because before (like last year), whenever I got my hair wet, it would look straight, and dry straight...Now, my hair gets curly and wavy when wet...and the back dries like an afro/natural, and the front dries straight! I don't know what to do because that means I can never airdry my hair without looking like a qtip! Help! LOL

Hello ladies! I've been a lurker for about a month and a half now! I have tons of questions, but I'll only start with a few...First...I have 4a/b relaxed hair (or so I think...Take a look at my fotki and tell me what you think, please!) and I've made the decision to go natural...My last relaxer was June 13...Before that, it was @ the beginning of January! (I've had braids from January to June)..Could that have changed the texture of my hair? I'm asking because before (like last year), whenever I got my hair wet, it would look straight, and dry straight...Now, my hair gets curly and wavy when wet...and the back dries like an afro/natural, and the front dries straight! I don't know what to do because that means I can never airdry my hair without looking like a qtip! Help! LOL

Congrats on your decision to be natural. It sounds like you may just have various textures of hair or sometimes my hair does act funky when I take it out of braids. I think you won't really be able to see your texture well until you grow out your relaxer more.

Hey welcome to the board.
DO you think your hair being straighter when wet last year had to do with the fact that you had a relaxer? And now, you are on a stretching challenge on the verge of going natural?

--That may have a lot to do with it.

Welcome to the board! :wave:

Maybe you could try air-drying in a bun. If that doesn't work, maybe rollersetting under a hooded dryer. I know there are some ladies who say air-drying doesn't work for them, at all.

As for hair type, I think you're going to have to wait a few more months. I couldn't really see what your roots looked like.

Again, Welcome!

Back