New Products in Pantene R&N Line

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I saw these in Ebony. They're called Damage something or other. There's a shampoo, conditioner, and masque. The containers are really pretty--different from the other R&N line packaging.

But I have to say, I don't too much trust Pantene to actually be bringing out some NEW products. I'm thinking, as is common with Pantene (Procter & Gamble, period) that these are the same Pantene R&N products that have been out, but just in cute packaging with a different title. (like MOST of the Pantene conditioners)

And I know they tried to tell one of you that even though the ingredients were the same, they were in different amounts to make each product unique--
Bull crap--a good friend is a marketing manager at Alberto Culver and told me an "indsutry secret"--which would be that many of the same products are marketed under different names. Shoot, it wasn't a secret to me!

I love Pantene, so I would try it without thinking twice..

You would be able to tell if they were the same if youre good at critiquing ingredients..

but thanks supergirl, I will look out for it...

I saw that same ad, too. I got excited for a second (the PJ in me), then this voice said "it's probably the same stuff with a revamped label". My hair was okay with Pantene products until I tried the R&N line. For some reason I had more breakage with the R&N so I stopped using it. :ohwell: If it didn't work for me then, I don't see how a new label is going to make it work better for me now. :lol: P&G can keep it.

Khandi,

Your curls are beautiful!!!

The Pantene R&N Oil Moisturizer is okay, but the shampoos & condtioners left my hair with a film. ITA w/ Supergirl, I don't trust them. Glad it works for some though.

Well yall know I'm a PJ and an ingredient junkie so I stayed in the store for about an HOUR :)cool: ) comparing ingredients.
The whole Restoratives line is changed and is different from the classic pantene.
This new line (the regular restoratives) has good conditioning agents (ceteral SP? alcohol and such) and hardly any cones! Unlike the old line which was filled with cones and waxes (I am speaking of the Relaxed N Natural no offense to anyone)I was suprised. Pantene used to be ALL cones.
Then I looked at the new Restoratives for Relaxed and Natural This--->
prodimg_bds.jpg
It was the same as the "regular" (one marketed towards whites) This -->
pg_nwp_restoratives_520X233.jpg
except BUT,it contained coconut oil and jojoba oil. Nothing else. The ingredients look so decent that I have decided that I will try it.
I'll post a review when I find it

Here is all the new lines that Restoratives have to offer:
Introducing Pantene Pro-V Restoratives
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Pantene's next-generation shampoo and conditioner technologies restore hair's health by treating frizz and helping to prevent breakage. Choose the specialized solution that works best for you:
  • Frizz Control: Locks in natural moisture and helps block humidity for all-day frizz control*
  • Breakage Defense: A pro-vitamin complex that strengthens hair against damage for 90% less breakage in one month*
  • Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense: A pro-vitamin complex designed specifically for women of color. Strengthens hair to reduce excessive shedding due to breakage.*

DAMN Mizani, I had to put on my :cool: ...
Warn me next time, your hair is BLINDING.

I'm seriously considering this. I'm so bored with the Tressemme scent. I love it to death but ugh... I need something new! I love the way it smells and looks. I think I might give in. *apologizing to Tress* Still love u girl...

I tried it and didn't like it I will stick to my regular routine. Pantene has not done enough research on black people hair to put out a line, you would think that after all these years they would have done so. I will write to their company and let them know to improve their line more and not only that but to get my money back because I have spent to much money on Pantene products I now use them as cabinet decor.

I agree SG, I think that almost all of Pantene's products are the same or at least perform like they are. When I was natural and before I became a product snob, I used to use the plain old Pantene shampoo and conditioner in the white bottles. It worked fine. Later when they came out with the R&N line I tried that and it worked exactly the same. No better or worse. I believe that every few years Pantene comes out with some "new" product that is supposedly new and improved or caters to a group that they haven't targeted before, but is really just the same old product with new packaging.:ohwell:

MizaniMami said:
  • Breakage Defense: A pro-vitamin complex that strengthens hair against damage for 90% less breakage in one month*
  • Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense: A pro-vitamin complex designed specifically for women of color. Strengthens hair to reduce excessive shedding due to breakage.*

Notice the *.

I read the fine print on the bottle and it says "when compared to shampooing vs. shampooing and conditioning" :eek: .

duh? we don't need their line for that!!

Well I just l:love: this Pantene Line andd I am truly anxious to purchase this. I have been looking all over for it. It seems it has not yet came out in my area. I will search some other stores
However here is a website that I have found the Pantene relaxed & natural Restoratives www.americaRx.com for anyone not able to find this either. I will also let you know the results. I have photos coming soon.

The original natural and relaxed products were crap in IMHO. Why would the new line be any different. No Thank you. I much prefer my beloved Kenra anyway.

michelle3147 said:
The original natural and relaxed products were crap in IMHO. Why would the new line be any different. No Thank you. I much prefer my beloved Kenra anyway.
did you read my mind. pantene in general sucks. their products drove me to the hair boards and i would be stupid to try any of them again. kenra is the best :D

Well ladies I tied this this weekend.
And I must say this is pretty good. I tried the mainstream one! It made my hair soft and very bouncy. Not too much shine as my regular stuff but this is some good stuff. I suggest anyone thinking about trying this try it. Some of the best drugstore stuff that I have found!!

I use to use Pantene shampoo before they came out with the relax and natural line for black women...but just shampooing with Pantene would leave my hair dry and hard...i really didnt like it....i only used the Pantene for relaxed and natural hair line one time...and it was okay nothing special about it...i dont think i will try it...

MizaniMami said:
Well ladies I tied this this weekend.
And I must say this is pretty good. I tried the mainstream one! It made my hair soft and very bouncy. Not too much shine as my regular stuff but this is some good stuff. I suggest anyone thinking about trying this try it. Some of the best drugstore stuff that I have found!!

Did you use the shampoo conditioner and the mask?

Supergirl said:
I saw these in Ebony. They're called Damage something or other. There's a shampoo, conditioner, and masque. The containers are really pretty--different from the other R&N line packaging.

But I have to say, I don't too much trust Pantene to actually be bringing out some NEW products. I'm thinking, as is common with Pantene (Procter & Gamble, period) that these are the same Pantene R&N products that have been out, but just in cute packaging with a different title. (like MOST of the Pantene conditioners)

And I know they tried to tell one of you that even though the ingredients were the same, they were in different amounts to make each product unique--
Bull crap--a good friend is a marketing manager at Alberto Culver and told me an "indsutry secret"--which would be that many of the same products are marketed under different names. Shoot, it wasn't a secret to me!

for whatever reason my hair doesn't like pantene. the black or the white line. after i wash/cond it feels like all of the oil has been stripped out of my hair. maybe it's all the perfurme it has in it :ohwell:

So I bought this line of shampoo and conditioner today, I plan on using it tonight to see how my hair likes it. I don't plan to use anything else with it except for an infusium 23 liquid leave-in and some oil. I want to get the full effect of it to get an honest opinion.

Okay, I washed my hair after pre-pooing with keraphix and oil. My hair felt a lil rough and hard to comb through. But the conditioner instantly made my hair feel like butter cream milk pies...lol! My hair is still wet so I will return after I dry it!

sassyhair said:
Okay, I washed my hair after pre-pooing with keraphix and oil. My hair felt a lil rough and hard to comb through. But the conditioner instantly made my hair feel like butter cream milk pies...lol! My hair is still wet so I will return after I dry it!

I love this stuff. I bought it a week ago and had my SO wash my hair. It felt like silk!

sassyhair said:
so u liked the shampoo ok?

maybe I need to change my pre-poo

I had the same experience with the shampoo, but after the conditioner was applied my hair felt lovely. It think I am going to using this line excusively until I finish the bottles, and see how that goes.

I think I will continue to use it until it is gone as well, but I think I will need to alternate weekly with a more moisturizing line. By the way I washed out the conditioner and the buttery cream pie feeling vanished.

sassyhair said:
I think I will continue to use it until it is gone as well, but I think I will need to alternate weekly with a more moisturizing line. By the way I washed out the conditioner and the buttery cream pie feeling vanished.

The shampoo left my hair feeling hard too. Almost like it is stripped. I wouldn't keep using it if you don't like it.

MizaniMami said:
The shampoo left my hair feeling hard too. Almost like it is stripped. I wouldn't keep using it if you don't like it.

I will try it without using the keraphix for pre-poo and see what happens. I hope it was the pre-poo because I would hate to get rid of a brandnew bottle

Back