New growth problem

SweetAKA

:mad: :mad: Ok, so I decided to go to the salon last week to get my wash. Everything was great for about a day or so. I noticed that my new growth was really thick (good thing), I am 7weeks post and the new growth is crazy. So I flat ironed the curls that I got from the salon, but my roots and new growth was very dry, but the rest of my hair was perfect.

My question to you ladies is, what do you use to help with the dryness of your new growth/roots, without making your hair extremely oily/heavy?

I already use WGO and NTM Silk (at night), my MTG will be arrive on Monday. I dont know if maybe I should be using one of these products more often to help or what.

Thanks a bunch :)

LuvLiLocks

Hi SweetAKA, I haven't tried the NTM silk, but I had awesome results with new growth and J/A/S/O/N sea kelp conditioner. It left my hair so soft and moisturized, and not oily. I had over an inch of NG and my hair is 4a/b, after I used that the comb glided thru my roots like a hot knife thru butter :grin: I am so happy that Divine recommended this too me :kiss:

SweetAKA

LuvLiLocks said:
Hi SweetAKA, I haven't tried the NTM silk, but I had awesome results with new growth and J/A/S/O/N sea kelp conditioner. It left my hair so soft and moisturized, and not oily. I had over an inch of NG and my hair is 4a/b, after I used that the comb glided thru my roots like a hot knife thru butter :grin: I am so happy that Divine recommended this too me :kiss:

lol Now that sounds good. Where did you pick this up at?

juicy555

Just finished my 1st stretch 9 weeks. MTG really softened and totally detangle my new growth. When I got closer to relaxer I stopped using the MTG and used WGO which was almost as good. NTM silk is the truth though cuz it'll lay that ng down... as long as you use it on dry hair and then tie down with silk scarf.

Divine Inspiration

LuvLiLocks said:

:blush: Thanks lady...glad you liked it!

OP, I'd try CO washing if the WGO isn't cutting it. Do you apply WGO to dry hair or wet hair? (That makes a difference.)

Also, you may want to try mango butter or shea butter. That always does the trick for me.

Do you use a moisture mix? I spritz my moisture mix on each night before bed, and my growth remains manageable and soft. Right now, I have 7 or 8 months worth of new growth, and I haven't had any problems with my new growth being dry.

Which conditioner are you using? With the right conditioner, your new growth should be softer.

HTH

{DI}

Tanji

Does anyone grease their scalp when you have new growth? Mine seems dry and the rest of my hair seems fine.

SweetAKA

Divine Inspiration said:
:blush: Thanks lady...glad you liked it!

OP, I'd try CO washing if the WGO isn't cutting it. Do you apply WGO to dry hair or wet hair? (That makes a difference.)

Also, you may want to try mango butter or shea butter. That always does the trick for me.

Do you use a moisture mix? I spritz my moisture mix on each night before bed, and my growth remains manageable and soft. Right now, I have 7 or 8 months worth of new growth, and I haven't had any problems with my new growth being dry.

Which conditioner are you using? With the right conditioner, your new growth should be softer.

HTH

{DI}

I use the WGO on dry hair. So far the conditioner that I'm using is Nexxus Humectress.

What moisture mix are you using, because at this time I'm just using the NTM silk at night to help wrap my hair.

Thanks again ladies for your responses.

leleepop

I like cathy howse dew because you can mist it on and that tend to help keep my newgrowth soft. Wash twice a week. I never bought s-curl but I bet this is great for newgrow but unlike the dew you wouldnt be able to wear it in all styles.but buning is always an option with ALL products.:think:

blackbarbie

SweetAKA said:
:mad: :mad: Ok, so I decided to go to the salon last week to get my wash. Everything was great for about a day or so. I noticed that my new growth was really thick (good thing), I am 7weeks post and the new growth is crazy. So I flat ironed the curls that I got from the salon, but my roots and new growth was very dry, but the rest of my hair was perfect.

My question to you ladies is, what do you use to help with the dryness of your new growth/roots, without making your hair extremely oily/heavy?

I already use WGO and NTM Silk (at night), my MTG will be arrive on Monday. I dont know if maybe I should be using one of these products more often to help or what.

Thanks a bunch :)

I went to a Dominican Salon last week to get a rollerset and let her blow the roots out (or so I thought). I am 12 weeks post. She told me that it would be a little difficult for her to blow just the roots out w/o her blowing the entire length of the curl out (didn't think so since I had read about it here on the board, but didn't argue with her) and she told me she was going to use the curling iron to flatten the roots out. I said fine b/c I wasn't too worried about the heat since (1) don't use heat often, and (2) NG can withstand heat better than other parts of your hair since it hadn't been weakened by chemicals anyway.

After she took the rollers out, she used a little (hope I saying the name right since she showed me the bottle) "Super Skinny Serum" by Redken on the NG before she used the curling iron to flatten the NG. She never opened the barrel to the curling iron, she just kept it closed and pulled the hair taught and like she "ironed" the NG straight. It really flattened it and it felt like I had a fresh perm when she was finished! (Whenever I used my flat iron to flat iron my roots, I can never get them that that straight to where you still won't know that I need a perm.)

HTH

LuvLiLocks

I got my J/A/S/O/N from a health market in florida, but they do have them in the vitamin shoppe and just last week I saw the J/A/S/O/N biotin poo and con in GNC. Or you can buy it from their web site. :yep: