Need help w/ curl definition, any suggestions?

CurlyGirl1996

Hi, I need something to help define my curls. My hair has 3 textures: the front is loose wavy, top to middle is wavy and my hair in the back is tight coils. I want to wear my hair out sometimes but since my hair in the back is tight coils my hair looks weird when it's loose (not in a ponytail). Any suggestions for a curl definition product will be welcomed. Thanks ladies!

hmmmmm, well i dont think a curl definition product is gonna help with ur "reverse mullet" hair - plz dont take that personally LOL

maybe unless u use 2 products, one which will help to elongate the tighetr back curls and another which will help the rest of your hair to curl more tightly so the textures blend.

I use ecostyler gel

Hi, I need something to help define my curls. My hair has 3 textures: the front is loose wavy, top to middle is wavy and my hair in the back is tight coils. I want to wear my hair out sometimes but since my hair in the back is tight coils my hair looks weird when it's loose (not in a ponytail). Any suggestions for a curl definition product will be welcomed. Thanks ladies!

I have a mullet too, the top is frizzy 3z with no definition, the sides are stringy 3as, the back is coily 4a and the nape is a wonky 3b.

My 4a is the only part that acts correct and the only thing I can do to make everything uniform is twist/braidouts.

W&G does not work for me nor does any special products, although KCCC gets close...

I have a mullet too, the top is frizzy 3z with no definition, the sides are stringy 3as, the back is coily 4a and the nape is a wonky 3b.

My 4a is the only part that acts correct and the only thing I can do to make everything uniform is twist/braidouts.

W&G does not work for me nor does any special products, although KCCC gets close...

Yes what she said...KCCC is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. Although another reverse mullet lady :lachen:,I believe her name is Wes but I can't find her website now, used Aveda "Be Curly" and she had incredible results. I definitely plan to check it out because I would love to wear a WNG without pinning the front section back.

i say mix aloe vera juice with your conditioner or curl defining product

dont know what my exact type/texture is bit avj makes curls come out of no where!

Wow you and I have the same problem I just use more/less products on the 3 textures and style them different. Twist/braidout only works on dry hair and I'll roll the looser type. I don't like strinkage in the back so that why I style dry. I can wear wash n go but that was in the summer. I do bantu knot the looser texture on dry hair and band the back. I only been natural a year still learning.

Yes what she said...KCCC is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. Although another reverse mullet lady :lachen:,I believe her name is Wes but I can't find her website now, used Aveda "Be Curly" and she had incredible results. I definitely plan to check it out because I would love to wear a WNG without pinning the front section back.

I bought Aveda Be Curly and didn't like it at all. It didn't really do anything.
My 4a rejected it and my 3z just felt coated, although it was frizz-free for once.
It was alright on my 3b though.

So now it's just sitting in my bathroom with it's expensive self mocking me.

But I will try it one more time, maybe in the spring.

If you try Aveda you can get samples at the stores. I did and like Nina it did nothing for me but I was fortunate and did not spend any $$

I'm pretty sure that ur talking about Wes from honeybrownsugar.com

p.s. I use ecostyler in my 4a hair

Use the Denman brush in the front after applying product may help tighten up the coils in that area. In the back just smooth with your fingers. Empress Ri did a video with Curl Junkie Aloe curl defining product which looked nice.

I swear by ecostyler with olive oil..its not a curl definer 4 me..it just freezes the curl I have..

Back