Naturals,what do you use to moisturize braids (inextensions)?

coolsista-paris

Let me explain. Ive just done my first braids alone! yeahhhhh

but the last time i had braids in i moisturized them with my mixture (water,glycerin ,oil) . The problem is that water on my braids makes my real hair stick out! so the braids get damages quicker.

Is there another way to moisturize without making the braids look scruffy??

because sitting on that chair to do hait then taking them down fast is too much.

Use your favorite creamy leave-in that is quickly absorbed. I also brushed my braids to distribute product and drop any loose ones at home instead of in public. Your mileage may vary -- try a single braid in the middle and check results.

African royale BRX braid spray always left my braids looking brand new and moisturized my hair and scalp
522.jpg

I don't know, but I'm a daily cowasher and I have the same problem. What I've been doing is immediately after cowashing, I spray them with African Royale braid spray, dab a lil bit of JBCO on my edges, and tie my head down with a scarf.

The next morning, the braids are still pressed down, and I bun it (trying not to manipulate the braids too much).

It holds up fairly well until my next cowash that night.

I usually do a combination.. Every other night I spray my scalp with water/condish/peppermint concoction and rub creamy leave in on the ends (or at least where my hair ends) and seal then braid my braids/twists in 4-5 big braids and tie down.

I don't use anything to moisturize my hair but I do wash it twice a week and baggy nightly. But that's not what I was posting to suggest.

I wanted to suggest that the next time you braid your hair, braid it shrunken. That way spritzing it will not affect the braids at all coz the hair will already be in their shrunken state.

The week before I braided my hair, it was flat ironed but the day before I braided it, I put it into plaits and washed it. The end results was my shrunken hair--aww, look at the wittle braids LOL. And when I braided it, from that shrunken state, it still looked good. But the kicker was even when I washed it my hair didn't shrink and make the braids untidy. They still looked good and that was after a shampoo, rinse, conditioning rinse, then final ACV rinse.

It's kinda like prewashed jeans, they tend not to shrink after you buy them even after you wash them.

I use organic root stimulator shea butter when I twist or braid my hair. I'm a 4b and this is great because it moisturizes and softens my scalp and roots without being greasy. This stuff is bomb!

ORSSB.jpg

thanks ladies for all your answers. I use to have that organic root stimulator shea butter (maybe its still in the wardrobes) gotta check! im gonna try every advice you all gave me!
my head is already ithcing damn! by the way as i love in Paris i can't find all your products. i hate that

I don't use anything to moisturize my hair but I do wash it twice a week and baggy nightly. But that's not what I was posting to suggest.

I wanted to suggest that the next time you braid your hair, braid it shrunken. That way spritzing it will not affect the braids at all coz the hair will already be in their shrunken state.

The week before I braided my hair, it was flat ironed but the day before I braided it, I put it into plaits and washed it. The end results was my shrunken hair--aww, look at the wittle braids LOL. And when I braided it, from that shrunken state, it still looked good. But the kicker was even when I washed it my hair didn't shrink and make the braids untidy. They still looked good and that was after a shampoo, rinse, conditioning rinse, then final ACV rinse.

It's kinda like prewashed jeans, they tend not to shrink after you buy them even after you wash them.

sounds interesting..definitely gonna try this

yeah next time i should not stretch my hair. i always did that finding it easier and also having less knots BUT im not gonna do that next time.

but actuallt what i did was just air dry my hair in hair bands. nothing else it got a little stretched but not to the maximum

yeah next time i should not stretch my hair. i always did that finding it easier and also having less knots BUT im not gonna do that next time.

but actuallt what i did was just air dry my hair in hair bands. nothing else it got a little stretched but not to the maximum

My hair is usually stretched too in braids before I put the extension in so maybe you just need to braid firmly so that washing doesn't really make much of a difference. You can see the stretched state my hair is held in while in braids by looking at what it looks like when I undo a braid. This was after many washes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j68_fk46rNk

I use Hawaiian Silky 14-1. But my twist extensions get fuzzy when I cowash anyways. I dont mind though.

This makes perfect sense Nonie. Now that I am natural, I will have to have my braids done this way.

Back