Naturals, Can you do me a favor?

C

cieramichele

Well, I just need a couple of volunteers.

If you get bored, can you try this and let me know how you like it? I think this would help define curls. Its really simple too.

Tools:
Leave in
Two wide tooth combs that are the same
(i think the teeth separation width may vary with the size of curl)

Directions:
Section off your hair as wide as the comb is. This section needs to be fairly thin but not too thin. Smooth on the leave it from root to tip. (Now this part can get tricky). Take one comb and place it at the root..let the hair hang off the comb (this comb is pointing upward). Take the other comb and put it right in front of the first comb (this comb is pointed downward). At the same time, use both combs to comb from root to tip. These combs should leave just enough space for your hair to glide through yet close enough to smooth.

I hope this isnt too much to ask. Try it on your next wash. I just want to know if it helps define curls. Please report back with your results. TIA. :wacky:

Interesting..... I think I see where you are going with that...... I don't have two identical combs, otherwise I would try that out.... I might have to keep an eye on this thread...

(Now this part can get tricky). Take one comb and place it at the root..let the hair hang off the comb (this comb is pointing upward). Take the other comb and put it right in front of the first comb (this comb is pointed downward). At the same time, use both combs to comb from root to tip. These combs should leave just enough space for your hair to glide through yet close enough to smooth

Not sure I get this part at all. :sad: Could you do a demo? Or find one online that simulates this? Still pics or a vid would really be helpful. TIA

Not sure I get this part at all. :sad: Could you do a demo? Or find one online that simulates this? Still pics or a vid would really be helpful. TIA

This is the best I can do for now.
24v2lnl.jpg

Ive been thinking about this for so long.

I hope this works and I hope I help others.

so... you want me to break 2 combs at the same time? :lol:

k i had to throw that in there. i'll see if i can get 2 identical combs tomorrow after work and try this out, we'll see what happens.

so... you want me to break 2 combs at the same time? :lol:

k i had to throw that in there. i'll see if i can get 2 identical combs tomorrow after work and try this out, we'll see what happens.

lol.

thanks lady!

I don't have two identical combs or I would try this. I may be going to the bss this weekend and if so I will pick up 2 combs and try this out.

Hmmmmmmm....sounds like a bright idea to me. Now off to buy an identical comb to the one I have. Was this a trick thread to persuade me to buy something else for my hair???:grin:

Hmmmmmmm....sounds like a bright idea to me. Now off to buy an identical comb to the one I have. Was this a trick thread to persuade me to buy something else for my hair???:grin:

yes... PJism runs rampant on this board! we're always encouraging each other to buy more stuff :lol:

Did nothing for my hair!
With my texture and my length, I need braids and/or rollerset to airdry. And a brush (like Denman) wakes up my coils.
Maybe this method (2 combs for smoothing) could work for types 3.

Me. No work for my 4ab hair. I did spin off this and this worked.

One large tooth comb/leave in
PUll one section taught. Hold ends out
Place comb at root and comb until it stops
Place hands where it stop, keeping hair taught
Gently push comb agaings fist until you get to the end.

Smooth as silk.

Back