NATURALS (4a/b) ... what do you use as a Deep Conditioner???

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I'm looking for a product that would be great for deep conditioning my TWA. My hair texture is 4a/b I guess. I've been looking at Elasta DPR-11, Motions Moisure Plus, and ORS Mayonnaise.

What products do you use as a deep conditioner to keep your natural hair in top notch condition?

Thanks in advance! :)

I am still using the stuff I used with I was relaxed. I want to use up those products. I use Sensitive by Natural, Elucence, and Nexus.

I dont have any old products or any products to use for a deep conditioner. I used up all my Suave Humectant and all my LeKair Cholesterol Plus. I don't have anything right now. ;)

I use cholesterol for deep conditioning and for co-washes. I typically just apply to my hair put on a plastic cap, bath and rinse. I have better luck with cholesterol when its on my hair for 5-7 minutes--more than that I feel that my hair is limp and over conditioned.

About once a month use motions cpr for deep conditioning.

Once every couple of weeks I use a mixture of coconut and olive oil for a pre-wash conditioning treatment.

organics by africa's best hair mayonnaise works wonders on my hair. I add EVOO to it also. Makes my hair really really soft and really moisturises and brings out my tight curls.

I've found that any cholesterol mixed with honey & a little coconut oil work best for me. I used to use DPR and tried NTM once but they left my hair a little too hard for my taste. I used to use ORS hair mayo. but haven't tried it since going natural....I might give that a shot again.

Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. I'm also experimenting with Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment. Either one I use under the heat cap for 20 minutes.

i use kenra intensive emollient treatment, kenra MC, elucence MB, queen helen's cholesterol, elasta qp cpr and some other deep conditioners. i also add honey and oils especially palm oil to my conditioners

I have been using Motions silk protein conditioner and organic root stimulator olive oil conditioner. they are ok i'm still looking for something better.

Being the conditioner junkie i am/was..lol, i use cholesterol conditioner mixed with every other conditioner i have in my position eg. kenra, elucence, finesse, swave awapuhi, VO5, dominican condition etc. I squeeze all my conditioners into one jar and mix them, except for the kenra and elucence, i add a little to my hair after i add the mixture.

I dont' use deep conditioners because they make my hair feel thick, dry, and weighed down. I used to use olive oil to add softness but now that I no-poo with Herbal Essences I have no need for extra conditioning.

Poohbear said:
I'm looking for a product that would be great for deep conditioning my TWA. My hair texture is 4a/b I guess. I've been looking at Elasta DPR-11, Motions Moisure Plus, and ORS Mayonnaise.

What products do you use as a deep conditioner to keep your natural hair in top notch condition?

Thanks in advance! :)
i use lustrasilk cholesterol with aloe, mixed with a creamy conditioner, EQP breakage control serum, aphogee 2 minute reconstructor and sometimes a little bit of shea butter....heated up in the microwave.

BlackCardinal said:
I don't want to become a "pusher" but all you need is some Jason Biotin conditioner and a plastic cap :look:
ive been wanting to try jason, its just too expensive for me....im cheap. :D

Right now, my hair is luving Aussie Deeppp mixed w/coconut oil. I can almost hear my hair saying -- "Thank you!":p I don't even use heat with it. I just leave it on my hair and clean up, study, eat, whatever, then rinse out 1 hour later. It's fantastic! Plus, it's keeping my hair from reverting due to the humidity.

Have fun exploring your options!:)

CatSuga said:
I used to use olive oil to add softness but now that I no-poo with Herbal Essences I have no need for extra conditioning.

So true... thanks for turning me on the the HE.

for deep protein conditioning I only need nexxus emergencee
for deep moisturizing conditioning, Suave humectant mixed w/EVOO

Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner (Can also be used as a leave in)
conchitamoisturebalancingconditioner.jpg

Back