My sulphur mix works!

Bublin

Two weeks ago i twisted by natural hair for the first time and twice a day I have been using this mix on my scalp for just over 2 weeks....................

Half a bottle of WGO
2 teaspoons of sulphur powder.
fill the rest of bottle up with Jojoba Oil.
...shake it up good and leave it for 2 days (not sure why i did this - maybe to let the powder dissolve) then use it sparingly on the scalp.

I undone my twists this morning and measured my hair.

BACKGROUND - I shaved all my hair off exactly 1 year ago and had 5 inches of growth at the top of my head a year later (some areas were 5 and a bit inches)
The shortest area was 4 inches all around the edges.

After two weeks the middle of my head is 6 inches and the rest is 5 inches.

So i have gained 1 inch in just over two weeks. I spend about 15 minutes last night measuring and re-measuring to make sure i wasn't seeing things.

When i first started using the mix my head was unbearable i thought i was having an allergic reaction - my scalp felt so irritated and was getting red due to all my scratching and rubbing. I had that creepy crawly feeling too.

I stopped for 3 days to give my scalp a break but went right back to twice a day for the rest of the two weeks.

Apart from using this mix on the scalp i have been spraying my hair with Sta-sof-fro and sealing with Ginseng Wonder Oil as and when needed.

:eek: OMG Thats fantastic!!!!!- I don't know what else to say - do keep us updated on what you get after a month. This is brilliant.
Keep on doing what you're doing!!!!!:)

Thats amazing!!!! Does it have a smell? Do you think the jojoba and WGO have anything to do with the growth I don't have that!!! Its about time I get serious with my haircare, the last few months I have been SLIPPING... i'm weaved up, so applying some oil to my hair twice a day aint gonna hurt :cool:

sounds good, maybe that's what has been working on my hair, i thought it was the viviscal.

I put about 2 tablespoons of sulphur into an applicator botttle of vatika oil and i've had to redo the 'loose' edges of my braids twice (i got my hair braided just about 2 1/2 weeks ago). At first i thought the braids were slipping off but my hair had been coloured and my sister says she can clearly see my black roots all over my head!:grin: she says she sees about 10cm!

Wonder what would happen if used twice daily...

I should have taken photo's - as pictures do speak louder that text :lol:. But if anyone remembers my 'BC to 1 year later' thread they would have seen the growth i had in that period of time.

I will be doing it again from Monday when i'll wash and condition and re-twist my hair.

I'll take before and after photo's this time.

Sweetwhispers - try it on your edges - its not an expensive/long list of ingredients....
As i got lots of irritation (i have a sensitive scalp anyways) you may want to use a bit less of the suplhur powder. I'm thinking 2 teaspoons is quite alot in such a small bottle....but hey, it seems to work.

I have some sulfur from Baldwins i think i'm going to buy some Vatika oil today. I think i have some Castor oil and Jojoba as well. I just bought a digicam so i'm going to document my progress as well.

Kiss Kiss....yes it smells but very mildly compared to WGO by itself.

Hothair - try it twice a day!

I applied it very very sparingly - as i was doing it twice a day i didn't want a build up on my scalp.

I wasn't washing or cleansing my scalp during this time. I only started to itch like i needed a shampoo after the 2 weeks.

The 'i need a clean' itch is different to the 'my scalp is irritated' itch.

I think the jojoba oil was somehow carrying it to my roots :confused: . Jojoba is supposed to be like the natural sebum our scalp produces.

My roots were never dry. My scalp always looked clean.

I would describe this mix as very moisturising. You can see the bits of sulphur in the bottle but not in your hair.

Bublin i'm in Manchester at the moment(uni) and i live in a really asian area. I just went to a food shop and they had it behind the counter. I'm sure they have it in Tooting or Peckham at those shops that sell afro/carib food and are owned by indians lol- thats where i get my Henna. If its not on the shelf ask at the counter, i'd been looking for ages and only seen it yesterday when i went to buy some food.

ETA. Just bought mine for £3.69 thats for 300ml, there's a smaller bottle for £2.29. It smells like coconut drops mixed with fairy liquid. Its solid at the mo so i've put it near the window.

Last edited:
i'm going to have to try this when lent is over. I gave up on buying new hair products for lent. :perplexed

Good for you Bublin,
I’m glad the rest period worked for you.
I have been having the same results, though my mix is different. I did my braids about a month ago and have had to rebriad the front and nape twice already. I spent this weekend rebraiding my whole head cos the growth in the middle was so much.
I think im gona manage to keep them in till the end of March. i can't eait till May when i relax to see exactly how much growth i got!!!
Yeah for sulphur…. :grin:

Back